Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RELEASED: the Island from LOST: updated 2/22 with download links for world and for populated vers.

2...Next

Comments

• addverbaddverb Posts: 53 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the feedback! I considered doing tents for the survivor camp, but I decided that that would be somewhat counter-productive, since the game yells at you if thee lot you're trying to move into doesn't have a toilet... which requires walls. SO you have to suspend your Losty-canon-senses a little.

I may go back in and add landscaping rocks to make the sonic fence. Right now there's nothing!

ALso, I excluded the temple, as we have no idea where it is on the map yet. I guess it must be relatively close to the Darma barracks, but who knows where!
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited February 2010
    Since you all have been discussing custom rabbit holes I thought you might want to know about Jynx's latest endeavor. Through many hours of head-banging he has managed to create rabbit holes as rugs which can be placed in front of a door, inside a building, or wherever. You can find them at Custom Sims 3. :D

I was involved a bit on the testing end of this project and I have to say they work a treat!
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    edited February 2010
    Updated 2/19! New download link, new screenshots. Big thanks to debra1970p, BSIRegina, and Simlarr for their ideas that helped with the 4-toed statue and the sonic fence.

Let me know if there are any more ides out there. Feedback is alway welcome!
  • SimlarrSimlarr Posts: 96 New Member
    edited February 2010
    haha yeah toilets are a problem. The workaround I had planned for that was to create camps with toilets like EA did in WA.

One thing I tried for the sonic fence was using the world column object with manhole covers attached sideways to the columns. I may just use the china guard tower object instead.

We know the temple is near the french team's camp. Jin was there when one of the team was dragged into the hole in the wall by the smoke monster.
  • juliadactyljuliadactyl Posts: 58 New Member
    edited February 2010
    This looks fantastic, can't wait to play it! Just one thing, it's actually spelt "Dharma" not "Darma". Just a hint for your lot titles!

edited February 2010
    Oh oops! lol, that's the one thing that I didn't check Lostpedia about. I'll fix that for the real release.

Thanks!
    edited February 2010
    @ Simlarr: I think I will give designing a Temple a shot! You're totally right about it being near the French camp.

Are you having any trouble fitting lots on your LOST map? my mountains take up a TON of real estate!
    edited February 2010
    Updated 2/20 with project status and screenshots. See first post for more!
  • amakachaoamakachao Posts: 422 New Member
    edited February 2010
    um, for the op, this wont be a spoiler for you but for others it might. highlight what is in the brackets to see my question.

{{ what about the second island?? ;D also, are you adding jacob's cabin? maybe you could make a few tombs... lost themed of course. for example a tomb under the Flame station (where the russian guy mikhail pretended to be a dharma member) and one of the tomb elements is the computer... just suggestions. }}

anyway i love your idea and just wow! this is great! here is lots of encouragement! :mrgreen:
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the feedback, amakachao! I'll try to encorporate some of your suggestions, they shouldn't be too hard!

Also -- just added a few more pics of the temple's interior.
    edited February 2010
    New info: here's a list of characters and their locations in the world. I couldn't include all the characters that have ever been on Lost, but I did bring back a few from the dead.

Beach village

2 br 1 bth
    Claire Littleton
    Aaron Littleton

1br 1 bth
    Charlie Pace
    Hurley Reyes

1 bed 1 bth
    Sayid Jarrah

4 br 2 bth

Cave Settlement

1 br 1 bth
    Kate Austen

2 br 1 bth
    Jin Kwon
    Sun Kwon

Rousseau’s Camp
    Danielle Rousseau

The Hatch
    Desmond Hume

The Temple
    Dogen
    Lennon
    Cindy Chandler
    Emma
    Zack
    Random Other 1
    Random Other 2
    Random Other 3

The Flame
    Mikhail Bakunin

Jacob’s Cabin
    Jacob
    Darma barracks

Just houses end

2br 2 bth 2-story
    Miles Straume
    Daniel Faraday
    Charlotte Staples Lewis

Small 1 br 1 bth
    James Ford
    Juliet Burke

Medium 2 br 1 bth
    Rose Nadier
    Bernard Nadier

Medium 2 br 1 bth
    John Locke

Small 1 br 1 bth
    Richard Alpert

Hospital End

Small 2 bedroom 1 bath
    Jack Shepperd

City Hall end

2br 2 bth 2-story
    Ben Linus
    Alex Rousseau

Medium 2 br 1 bth
    Ana Lucia Cortez
    Elizabeth Smith

Small 1 br 1 bth
    Frank Lepidus

Let me know if somone important to you is missing!
    edited February 2010
    Updated 2/22 with images of the characters populating the world in-game.
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited February 2010
    Looks awesome. Do you have any pics of Hurley?
    I'm going to have to download this.
  • SimlarrSimlarr Posts: 96 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Are you having any trouble fitting lots on your LOST map? my mountains take up a TON of real estate

Yeah, some things are going to have to be out of proportion like the baracks.

Oh, just saw your new four-toed statue. It looks nice :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2010
    This world is now released! Hurray! Let me know if you have any trouble playing it.

Also: debra1970p, I'll post a shot of Hurley later on just for you!

Simlarr, I'm glad you like my statue!
  • 13cek13cek Posts: 906 New Member
    edited February 2010
    hello addverb. i love your creation, i wish i had thought of it first. Hey, i love creating the characters from lost as sims, i have made a really good look alike ana lucia if you would like to download her. i would love to see her on this world. i am also making a locke. you should check them out and if you want go ahead and add them to your game.
  • MeMeMommyMeMeMommy Posts: 56
    edited March 2010
    Hi, Love your Idea! Just a couple quick things u forgot the black guy and his son I forget there names and when the boy was kidnapped by the others there were other kids to play with...I'm not sure whose.
    ok now I can't download the people into my game now that I have the Island (awesome, by the way) what program do I use to open the .rar file. I moved it like you said but the computer didn't open it. Can you recommend something?

Also, the pillars in the game for the fence area is not in my game, was that from the original game or world adventures. I do not have world adventures.

Love the game thanks!
  • CitrineMoonCitrineMoon Posts: 396 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Wow this is amazing! you have really outdone yourself. Good job! im sure a lot of time went into this and it shows.
  • bgrateful2697bgrateful2697 Posts: 138 New Member
    edited October 2010
    omg this is awesome! I'm going to try it and see if it runs ok....I am having problems with my game..I seem to be missing a patch somewhere, but can't figure out which one....I'll let you know how this turns out!!!
  • weasleymamaweasleymama Posts: 1 New Member
    UGH this is so old I have a feeling no one is going to even see this comment. But I want this so much and the download links are dead. Can you please reupload this??
  • BelezaBeleza Posts: 1 New Member
    > @weasleymama said:
    > UGH this is so old I have a feeling no one is going to even see this comment. But I want this so much and the download links are dead. Can you please reupload this??

The same question. Someone fix the links again please?