Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited February 2019
    Sounds great and fun! I know that feeling, I get attached to the sim children too and sometimes I play them little in separate households. I think that the potty training skill is the slowest, at least for me my toddlers seem to always develop that and thinking behind everything else. I am not sure but if the parenting skill is high maybe adult sim can help them to develop potty faster. My toddlers are almost ready to grow but the same here...waiting for the potty to raise level 3.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited February 2019
    I think for me it's because they can do all the other skills already on their own but potty training gotta wait for the adult who is too busy haha. When the adult is less busy, like with kid 1, it was my first skill as I wanted it out of the way lol. Also... Family is broke now. Can't afford the 700 to pay the bills so gotta make some money tomorrow lol
  • JakkiwJakkiw Posts: 11 New Member
    So my first matriarch is on her last leg of begin an elder and I'm scared that she will pass away before her daughter get to be a young adult. Is it okay to keep one of the other children in the house as a young adult and have them get a job? Or are the only allowed to make money with skills?
    What does it mean to have a character value within trait range? I have Parenthood installed so I need to do this for my teen but I'm fairly new to the Sims and I don't know character values are? My teen is probably going to get her a in school. How do I see if she has a character value? And if so how do I know if it's within trait range?
  • Artsey_CArtsey_C Posts: 6 New Member
    [b]All my babies are boys and look the same!![/b]
    Has anyond had this issue with the baby challenge? I am following the rules 100% and I have 4 boys who were identical in looks and hair (not clothing) as toddlers. The donors were Akira Kibo, Joaquin Le Chien, Salim Benali, Sergio Romeo and Paolo Rocca (I have a baby and not sure if this one will turn out the same).
  • MaddyMcMoodyMaddyMcMoody Posts: 105 Member
    Artsey_C wrote: »
    All my babies are boys and look the same!!
    Has anyond had this issue with the baby challenge? I am following the rules 100% and I have 4 boys who were identical in looks and hair (not clothing) as toddlers. The donors were Akira Kibo, Joaquin Le Chien, Salim Benali, Sergio Romeo and Paolo Rocca (I have a baby and not sure if this one will turn out the same).

have any of them grown up to kids yet? Toddlers generally look pretty alike, so I wouldn't worry about it so long as they don't look identical as kids. Sometimes the mom's genes shine through more as well haha.
    I wouldn't worry about it when it's only the first 4 kids. I'm at 20 babies right now and only 5 of them are boys - the gender divide clearly isn't even in most cases
    みんな自称ヒーロー
    嫌気がさすよ日替わり悪役
    CHANMINA
    This is the reason I was so relieved when my first child was a girl haha. I was like great now I have an heir so if she ends up being an only child or all the rest are boys aren't good haha! I wish you luck getting a girl in the future. Keep us updated! I'm curious if your kids will continue to look the same. If so the mom just might have some strong genes.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Oh boy @Jadeleine good thing she is pregnant.. because if you aren't careful and your sim become hysterical, they can die from that emotion.

@SimAlexandria the character value trait are the 5 traits listed in the simology panel. They are manners, responsibility, conflict resolution, empathy and emotional control. I assume the rule is that it needs to be all the way good, or maybe all the way bad.
    Thanks 😊 yes it didn't say. Just said to get it high enough to get a Trait
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited February 2019
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    Oh boy @Jadeleine good thing she is pregnant.. because if you aren't careful and your sim become hysterical, they can die from that emotion.

@SimAlexandria the character value trait are the 5 traits listed in the simology panel. They are manners, responsibility, conflict resolution, empathy and emotional control. I assume the rule is that it needs to be all the way good, or maybe all the way bad.

The character value traits are suppose to be all the way good. The goal of the challenge is to raise children well, so the traits need to be good. I'm just happy it's only one trait requirement. I just maxed all 5 good traits in my legacy save and that was not easy. It came down to the wire, on his birthday before I got it done.

ETA: A good tip, responsibility is very easy to raise. Just have your sim kids always do homework and work on their school projects and you should have the trait easy before they get an A as a teen.
    p8L4V6v.png
    @ChelleJo, okay so when it says "within Trait range" that means a full green bar basically? My responsibility is full green so I am guessing that I am good to go :). After she gets that A of course but I think she will by the end of the school day
    @ChelleJo, okay so when it says "within Trait range" that means a full green bar basically? My responsibility is full green so I am guessing that I am good to go :). After she gets that A of course but I think she will by the end of the school day

If you notice on one of the character values, there is a little tip of a difference. That tip is "within range" of getting the trait. Yes, maxed out means you are good, but within that tip is fine, too. You'll get a popup and a happy little tune when a sim gets within range of getting a trait.

Another tip... having the lot trait "good schools" helps a great deal, too.
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited February 2019
    @ChelleJo Thanks! I will have to check the lot traits. Hopefully because I think there's a rule about being able to add lot traits but not change them isn't there? Haha! I did add some lot traits. I forget what I have but I'm pretty sure I have the ley-line one anyways seeing as how I have had three sets of twins in a row.
    @ChelleJo Thanks! I will have to check the lot traits. Hopefully because I think there's a rule about being able to add lot traits but not change them isn't there? Haha! I did add some lot traits. I forget what I have but I'm pretty sure I have the ley-line one anyways seeing as how I have had three sets of twins in a row.

I'm not 100% on that (changing the lot traits). I usually set mine to Ley Line, Good Schools, and Child's Play and never really mess with them again.
    p8L4V6v.png
    @ChelleJo I just went and double-checked the rules on it. It says if you move the Sim into a lot with lot traits you can't change them but if you move them into a lot without lot traits you can pick 3 but can't change them after that. So I imagine if you want to change your lot traits later do you need to probably move to a different house. And I think I have the Child's Play one but I don't think I have the school one. I will have to check on that later I think I had the ley-line, the child's play, and one to make my sim flirty or something like that. But I will look later tonight haha!
    Whoops guys! Was just rereading some of the rules and realized that I had broken one once. Oh well it was a very minor one and if I hadn't broken it it wouldn't have really affected anything, so I'm going to just continue and not do it again. The rule in particular is the one about caterers. I've had remembered reading that you are allowed to hire Caterers, but I had forgotten the bit about you can only hire them for parties. So one night I decided it would be nice to give them a night off from cooking and hired one. We could have done it our own so and still been fine. Besides if I remember right it was someone's birthday anyways haha! So we could have just said it was a party.
    edited February 2019
    Abby moved out! *heartbreak*. My first baby is gone!
    Brandon & Carlos aged up to teens!
    Dylan & Emily aged up to kids
    Felix & George aged up to toddlers
    And Alexandria is pregnant with baby #8. We've had three sets of twins in a row, but this baby will have to be a singleton since there is only one empty room in the house. It's gonna be weird just having one at a time haha!

22m6bk.jpg

From left to right: Emily, Felix, Alexandria, Carlos, George, Brandon & Dylan.
  • gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    Talk about your Walk Of Shame....
    ....this is my Japanese biker gang Vampire leaving my matriarch's house after failing a couple of Try for Baby's :(
    y7QEVlM.jpg?1
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
    😂 LOL! That is perfect. My sims also get a giant puddle by the front door and my Abby fell in it 3x yesterday
  • felicia__nicolefelicia__nicole Posts: 38 Member
    Hey everyone! I think last time I posted my first matriarch had just died and I was waiting for my next matriarch to age up. Well she's had 7 babies since then, including 2 sets of twins. The oldest just aged up and moved out so I'm about to try and get her pregnant again.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited February 2019
    Talk about your Walk Of Shame....
    ....this is my Japanese biker gang Vampire leaving my matriarch's house after failing a couple of Try for Baby's :(
    y7QEVlM.jpg?1

Not related to the 100 baby challenge, but I thought I'd share a similar picture... I happen to pause my game right at this moment. LOL
    46196096115_8359b11a8d_c.jpg

Patchy's perch is just to the right in the picture. He had stepped off of it and was heading into the house.
  • MaddyMcMoodyMaddyMcMoody Posts: 105 Member
    I feel like ever since the 15th baby or so it has been smooth sailing for me - I've gotten into a routine with the whole breeding cycle and we're now on pregnancy no. 24 (and baby no. 24 -.- no twins ever). I'm maybe getting too mechanic with this, since I don't feel attached to the children like you guys

WE'VE HAD THE BIG MOOVE, MOST IMPORTANTLY!
    Going from two bedrooms with only the cheapest stuff to this house was quite a shock, and no one's quite adjusted to it yet. I think we're going to have to make the ground floor the priority so as to not lose focus over all the different sims' needs. It was easier to keep track in the tiny bungalow, but at least we'll have less breakages and "cheap fridge smell" moodlets now
    who would've thought that all it takes to become rich is a garden full of lilies lol

Fn9hBce.png
    our old house is in the background

AepYIR3.png
    みんな自称ヒーロー
    嫌気がさすよ日替わり悪役
    CHANMINA
  • SaldukeleSaldukele Posts: 29 Member
    Hey everyone! I have started this challenge recently and now only on baby no 5 😊 I decided to do gardening only for my matriarch and it seems to work fine, once it’s all growing simoleons are flowing in nicely, and even though it is hard work, you are allowed to hire a gardener if you are strugling.
    My only question is about toddlers, it says you can age them up once they have skills up to tree, but what if they don’t reach that and their birthday comes? I think I would need to concentrate on that more, but it seems hard when you have multiple toddlers .
    Saldukele wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I have started this challenge recently and now only on baby no 5 😊 I decided to do gardening only for my matriarch and it seems to work fine, once it’s all growing simoleons are flowing in nicely, and even though it is hard work, you are allowed to hire a gardener if you are strugling.
    My only question is about toddlers, it says you can age them up once they have skills up to tree, but what if they don’t reach that and their birthday comes? I think I would need to concentrate on that more, but it seems hard when you have multiple toddlers .

@Saldukele If you don't get your toddlers skills all to three (or higher) before their birthday, then they just age up, as normal, on the birthday, after receiving the birthday notification. The only thing the goals are (toddler skills level 3, Grade A in School, character value trait, etc) they only serve as a way to age up EARLY, so you can get thru more kids. If a kid doesn't meet the goal they must reach by their birthday, they just age up as normal.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • brandnewquietbrandnewquiet Posts: 23 Member
    Hi All! Would we assume a baby between a female human sim and a male alien is always a hybrid? It seems that way from the threads. Can I still claim the x2 alien/hybrid incentive even though my hybrid can't change into a human disguise?
    I have 3 (I believe) hybrid children. They all have hair but have alien skin tone. I haven't seen any option to put them in disguise.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top