Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is a private lot?

Hi everyone,
Sorry for what I assume is probably a really obvious question! But I'm building a new world in CAW because I've just never been completely satisfied with any other worlds. Anyway, creating residential lots, one of the options is to assign it as a 'ep_10 private lot'. I've tried googling but I really just don't understand what this is! EP 10 is IP right? But the wiki doesn't mention this lot type anywhere and I'm so confused lol. Should I be avoiding it or is it useful and if so for what?
Thanks!

Comments

• Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited February 2019
    I found this post from 2014. User Konril provides an explanation. So it's a lot that the active household owns but doesn't live in, or it could be a venue that is owned by the active household.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    But that can't be what it's for in CAW, because there is no active household in CAW, or any households at all, unless you choose to add them when you've finished everything else. I don't know what it's for. Hopefully, someone who has more experience with CAW will notice this discussion and explain it.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    EP 10 for Sims 3 was Island Paradise. This may be a lot designation for hidden islands, or maybe a houseboat port or somesuch. You might look at build guides for Island Paradise and see what others have done with it. I have not built for EP 10, so I have no idea what it would be for.
    I hope this isn't inappropriate but we could shake @Rflong7 and @Bettyboop55 as there are active world builders here.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I had to find out, so I opened a medium island map, placed one private residential lot on it, and exported and installed it. It looks and works exactly the same as a normal residential lot. So that didn't help any with finding out what is different about that kind of lot.
    edited February 2019
    Sindocat may be correct. This guide from Carls Guide explains hidden islands become private lots after they are discovered.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I see you have your answer. :+1:

Good luck on making your perfect world, I still haven't done it. :cookie:
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello OP it looks like you have a solution. May I suggest that you use a copy of your world to experiment with this lot. You may even need to take the copy into game in order for the lot to work properly. Good Luck with the build and please share your pics when ready :)

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita