Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrity homes

I have Get Famous and put my sims in a celebrity home that I liked. I decided that I would have their story be they inherited it from their parents when they were killed in a plane crash. They keep getting these moodlets that they are embarrassed to be living their. Now my sim is a celebrity and she still feels embarrassed, does that change at all. Or will it stay like that? Does my sim have to be a bigger celebrity maybe?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    I've heard that you need to be at least a 4-star Celebrity to not get embarassed by that Lot Trait.

But, I've also heard that it could be a bit buggy, still causing even 4+ Star Celebs to get embarassed, if they moved in when they were too low and still live there. I haven't actually used that lot trait myself, so I couldn't say for sure.

You could always just take the lot trait off until she's a big enough Celebrity to not be embarrassed by it, of course.
  • MegansleiaMegansleia Posts: 259 Member
    How would I do that? I am not sure about lot traits.
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Megansleia wrote: »
    How would I do that? I am not sure about lot traits.

Go into build mode, in the upper left there should be an icon that looks like a house with an i in it.

Click that and it'll bring up a menu where you can choose the lot traits of that lot.
    You can hover over the Celebrity Home icon and click the little x to remove it.
  • PurpleNinja04PurpleNinja04 Posts: 1 New Member
    Do all sims in my household have to be celebrities in order to have the lot trait? I only have one celebrity in my family and I don't want the others to get negative emotions over being in a celebrity home.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Can you give the sims the reward trait so they never get embarrassed?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    Do all sims in my household have to be celebrities in order to have the lot trait? I only have one celebrity in my family and I don't want the others to get negative emotions over being in a celebrity home.

Only one has to be. I have only one celebrity and everyone in her family gets the buff for living there even though they are out of the spotlight.
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    @Elleysims @PurpleNinja04 That's odd. I had a celebrity married to a non-celebrity who got so mortified by living in the house I was afraid he'd die of emotions. She was only 3-star though, and he had barely any fame.
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    @ctthomas My sim was 4 star at the time and her brother was at 1 star and her husband was at no stars but still in the spotlight. After I switched my house to a celebrity house, they all got the buff so I took her brother and husband out of the spotlight and they still get it.

• ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    That's so weird. Maybe it does have some bugs? Or possibly you need to have a 4-star celebrity in the house? I had two other sims in the household getting upset, but the girl was a 3-star celeb. I eventually just changed the lot trait.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited February 2019
    I built my celebrity's lot, all but the roof. It's the legacy house I built for my Founder way back when Pinstar's Legacy Challenge rules came out for Sims4. Although I did tinker with the shape of the kitchen. The floor plan is my best recollection of my Grand Uncle's house in Los Angeles, CA. It was a mini-mansion. When I showed it off on a particular thread related to Legacies, another player contacted me over the pm, offering to fix my roof. I jumped at this, since I haven't really got the hang of roofs, still.

i4oXsb7.jpg
    C6P4d7C.jpg
    WA0ZbFh.jpg
    PG3nuGG.jpg

I should add that so far neither of my Sims have pulled an embarrassed moodlet from living there. Of course, he grew up in the Wright Way House, which is far larger in Sims4 than it showed in either Sims2 or 3. His wife, on the other hand, came from a more modest means family.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EriHonjoEriHonjo Posts: 7 New Member
    Does having the celebrity home lot trait cost money to you everyday?? I just put the trait on the house, and now it seems I'm being charged about 200 simoleans a day. Sometimes more... is this normal?

Also, just wanted to let you guys know that one of the sims in the house is a 3 star celeb and her and her fiance both get the buff.
  • EriHonjoEriHonjo Posts: 7 New Member
    Two things, one, I'm a dork, I realized that it was the butler's pay for the day. 2, even though I swear I've had people come over since I've had that lot trait on, she just reacted negatively because her friends came over and I guess she's isnt famous enough. Oh well. Live and learn I guess