Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use MC Command Center?

Do you use MC Command Center? 225 votes

Yes, and I can’t live without it!
77%
tams2578icmnfrshGRIMMYJoBass24usKita5399GalacticGalSandySimjeepjeepcatTynkBronwin2ZeriBlkBarbiegalsims2freak737EIisabettaAlexaiColorist40AyradyssAllearsMjstsmPPlayerSinger2010 175 votes
No, and I’m not going to start.
16%
BluegayleIdontrcallIcewolfSimmervilleaprilrosestoryyWritin_RegSimburianelanorbretonKementariinvisiblgirlcchant86mock68VuloriLizzychicagoLynnwoodelelunicyladyankh40fullspiralThenyoukissme 38 votes
No, but I’m planning to start soon!
5%
LaceyroseAndreaTheHeroBloosmooRadioAChickenBagoas77RoboSpongiewormstache999gnelso1239KriticalKlownEmmaLeigh[Deleted User]Zilo863 12 votes

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I wouldn't say I can't live without it, but I do use it.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    After finally having a computer I can use it on, I can't play without it. I like that it helps non active households still have a life, get married, have kids and I can give them skills or promote/demote them or many things that I miss from a non open world. If they brought back open world then I would try without it, but really like this mod.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited February 2019
    I wont play without it, and I've been that way for a couple of few years, but even more so now that it has the "import tray sims" feature.

There is nothing better than seeing all my sims in all my saves. Instead of bunch of randoms
    p8L4V6v.png
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    yes and in my book its a must have
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I’m a late comer to it, but I wouldn’t want to stop using it now. I like the story progression aspect of it and I also enjoy being able to tweek my games lifespan.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I agree it's a very nifty tool, but I prefer to play vanilla.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    I don't even know what it's like playing without it.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes, I love it! I have to adjust my settings today though as I'm experiencing a bit of a population explosion. :D
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited February 2019
    I do use it, but I could definitely live without it. Although it's a very well made and extensive mod it isn't a "must-have" for me. I mostly use it for certain quality of life features, I've never tried to use it for story progression and likely never will. It also has certain uncontrollable, "underground" features that sometimes irritate me.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have tried it and thought it was nice, just not a necessity for my playstyle. I kind of like figuring out the vanilla game.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited February 2019
    Definitely, a must have for me, it takes care of so much, from story progression to autonomous actions. Otherwise, aging for my townies would be off, because I hated that they all just got older, then died.

Oh yes, and I'd have a lot more mods than just the handful I have - the no autonomy mods alone could choke a horse. Rather just have one mod that takes care of most things, than 300 little mods.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    I don't get dependent on mods and CC - as creators sometimes tire of keeping up with frequent patching (who can blame them), but it can leave the player with issues - so I just find it better to wait for a game to be finished completely before I go adding mods or CC.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    It took me a ling time to start using it, as I didn't use mods at all, but I'm glad I finally did. Unlike most, storytelling is not the main feature for me. The reason I got it, is it gives me control over basic things that I think should have been default game settings. Like how much supernatural interference do you want, how do relationships decay, how long do your sims live, which sims should be deleted, etc.
    On top of that, it is a massive time saver when setting up a new save and has many useful storytelling tricks.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Needs one more option haha! Yes I use it but I definitely wouldn't say I can't live without it. In fact I only use it for half of my games and turn it off completely for others.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I don't get dependent on mods and CC - as creators sometimes tire of keeping up with frequent patching (who can blame them), but it can leave the player with issues - so I just find it better to wait for a game to be finished completely before I go adding mods or CC.

The ones who get tired tend to be those that try to take on too many projects -- mostly tuning mods where they have a bunch. I do remember Twallan at NRaas got burned out towards the end of the Sims 3 run, but he documented everything, made his code open source, and had built a strong community who could pick up where he left off. I believe they're still maintaining and upgrading the mods for those who didn't make the jump to Sims 4. Fortunately, MCCC is Deaderpool's main work (there is a more adult component I won't mention here) and he's got it split up into different compnents so he can focus on the parts that need updating; he usually has at least a hotfix out within 24 hours of a patch being released.

I don't play my saves until MCCC is updated; I'll go into building/remodeling or updating my worlds while I wait for it. Knowing that unplayed families will continue to develop, getting married and having babies (occasionally in that order) means I don't have to micromanage, before MCCC I spent much of my time adding children to households when my Sims would start their families so that I'd know the kids would grow up with playmates and future romantic interests. I've just now started tweaking with the pregnancy settings to reduce the chance of Adults getting pregnant because I was having a lot of elder Sims raising toddlers.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    I use it but could quite easily play without. I mostly got it to stop the sims from obsessively drinking water but since I have the thing anyways I also have a custom lifespan and couple other super annoying behaviors disabled. Nothing major but having it definitely improves the gaming experience for me.
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    Yes, and I can't live without the story progression. Without it, the rest of the sims world outside of my played households feels stale and bland.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    I'm with Reg here. I am only now using lots of mods for Sims2 & 3 as they are finished. I did try it briefly but may wait until game is done before I do so again.
    However I never say never. I know I just did but that doesn't count. ;)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Of course plus help me using the cheats all the time like reset or make them happy. or want unwanted sims to leave.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    It gives me too much power. I lose all the fun of random occurrences because I keep such a tight rein on everything. :/ It would be nice to edit outfits of random townies who get a little accessory-crazy, but I know I couldn't control myself enough to only use it for that. I learned with master controller in ts3.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I do use it, but I could go without and do when I use the kids' computer to play the game. It is only used on my main gaming computer.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I'm going to wait and give it try once all the packs have been released.
  • ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    Yes.. But to be clear I would not say "I can't live without it".
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    The game would be bland without it, it has so many options. I don't see why not.
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    Yes! I only use it to make sure my town doesn’t die off and also to change sims names to something pronounceable. One random sims name had so many letters and started out with Aarrjk.