Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why the bad criticism on Katy Perry/Why not Oblivia??

KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
I was going to start a Katy Perry until bad criticism about the Sweet Treats Pack.

https://youtu.be/gz8komsNkBg

Come On

If there is going to be a Oblivia Pack (that is a amusement park)

How bad it will become.

tumblr_olqai6w00t1qeu2t7o4_540.gif

Right Now I have drawn a map on Oblivia Pack.
oblivia_by_undeadnninjabit_dczuhp2-pre.png

Why the bad criticism please tell me.

If you want to know more detail well take a look at my latest discussion.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/951449/if-chained-to-the-rhythms-oblivia-there-in-sims-4#latest

Well, it would be better if We have a Katy Perry's Oblivia Pack (an amusement park pack). The Katy Perry's Oblivia Pack Map is base on Six Flags Magic Mountain but altered into like the Katy Perry's Music Video Chained to the Rhythm. But the amusement park ride American Dream Drop will be changed to SimNation Dream Drop. Love Me Rollercoaster will have color changing light hearts instead of one blue for male and pink females. The line will have Sims dance and be happy while some Sims don't. Love Me Coaster will have scores but they are between females and males Sims. Safe Trip Home/There's No Place Like Home is a ride and the exit to the park. Bombs Away is a ride that is shaped like Rockets. All the cotton candy are shaped like Llamacorns, Hamsters, Atomic Explosions from a Bomb, The Prizes in Oblivia are the park's mascot Hammy the Hamster or Penny the Llamacorn. They also a treadmill-like ride called the SimNation's Only Sim-Size Hamster Wheel. It can also be bought in buy-mode called "Sim-Sized Hamster Wheel"! There is a small bar at Smallville Car Ride near Hammy's Smallville (A small amusement section for children and toddlers). Inferno H2O is a classified spicy cocktail for the adult/teen sims, there is also the Llamacorn Float at the bar. In Hammy's Smallville sims are dressed as sailors and two are hamsters. Smallville has two child-size coasters, child-sized rides and smaller rides for Toddlers. There is a go-kart called Hammy-Go Kart (please don't get sued by Nintendo) it has a mini-game the was never been added to Sims 4 before and there is a theater for sims. The Twisted Nation is base on Six Flag's Twisted Colossus, Simoleon Rusher is base on Six Flags Gold Rusher, Hamzilla is base on Goliath from Six Flags, and The Loney X is base on Six Flag's X2.
But one Day, A Sim who is female sim named Rose realizes that doesn't need to be everyone else in the room, highly representative that Music can change everything in the world of SimNation and art can impact social change. When Rose wakes up to the realization of the amusement park Oblivia, She tries her best to get everyone out of their trances that they're into (the park Oblivia). She realizes that she knows that she is relevant for following the social norm she was never happy doing it. Being relevant for following the social norm exhausting and you don't have to fall off the wheel (you can stop whatever you and your sim wants). Sims who go to Oblivia Park are so also distracted from watching what was going on, they couldn't get out and do something about it, and They and All of us are guilty of that. That why Unruly Activist who wake up to the realization like Rose Parker come from parks entrance to sue the founder of the park and try to shut down the park as possible because they don't want their families and friends to be "Stumblin' around like a wasted zombie". The founder of the park is Stanley Trance (who is dead) and the park is now run by his son Stumble Trance.
Hammy the Hamster and Penny the Llamacorn prizes are stuffed animals,snow globes, T-shirts, sweaters, and souvenirs of the Mascots

P.S. If you guys rememder The Sims 3: Katy Perry's Sweet Treats this the reason why I want Katy Perry to do it on the Sims 4 again

Everything is base on Six Flags Magic Mountain which the Music video was filmed here.

https://youtu.be/GwKzBwcYewg
Post edited by KriticalKlown on

Comments

• Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    I have no idea what Oblivia even is, but they cannot just rip a theme park name and design and use it without being sued. Also, while a theme park pack would be interesting, especially with first-person, I cannot see it being done.

Also, do not spam post, edit your posts instead.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    NoTalent wrote: »
    I have no idea what Oblivia even is, but they cannot just rip a theme park name and design and use it without being sued. Also, while a theme park pack would be interesting, especially with first-person, I cannot see it being done.

Also, do not spam post, edit your posts instead.

Thanks for the tip I will not do that again.

I will edit my post for now on.

But what about my idea being posted while everyone has bad taste of it @NoTalent

and @EA_Cian amd @EA_Mai Can you fix it I might had spam it and needed to edit it so it doesn't look like a spam it. Just put it on my first post.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey folks, I've removed some posts from the thread.

Let's try to keep the repeated posts in succession to a minimum. It may also help to try and offer more insight into what we're discussing - right now we seem to be referencing the Katy Perry pack for TS3, are we looking to talk about what might be different in a similar pack, should it happen, for TS4? Are you looking for a tie-in with a theme park as well, OP?

Questions aside, let's try to keep this conversation going but be mindful not to spam. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    what's oblivia pack?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    If you want to read some opinions about why KPST seems to be the least liked SP from others, it's here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/547318/sweet-treats-worst-stuff-pack-ever#latest

Personally, it was so overly themed to a point where it can make versatility difficult. It would have been a lot better if they included blank presets without the stencils, etc on clothes and objects. However, there are some items in the pack that I use for a themed look along with items that came from Showtime, The Store, etc.
    Screenshot-4179.jpg
    Screenshot-3753.jpg
    Screenshot-3750.jpg

A theme park sounds interesting, though, I don't care about anything TS4 but it would be nice for those who like the game to enjoy it. Would have been nice to have more rides in TS3 but something is better than nothing. I'm fine with the boardwalk venue and the various other store content that can contribute to a carnival/amusement park type lot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY2jqTj_9Ek
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    EA_Cian wrote: »

Let's try to keep the repeated posts in succession to a minimum. It may also help to try and offer more insight into what we're discussing - right now we seem to be referencing the Katy Perry pack for TS3, are we looking to talk about what might be different in a similar pack, should it happen, for TS4? Are you looking for a tie-in with a theme park as well, OP?

Questions aside, let's try to keep this conversation going but be mindful not to spam. :smile:

@EA_Cian Yes but I want Katy Perry's permission to make that happen according to my recent discussion.
  • Options
    tams2578tams2578 Posts: 705 Member

@EA_Cian Yes but I want Katy Perry's permission to make that happen according to my recent discussion.

You wouldn't be able to do that on this forum, you'd have to figure out who to write to that works for her that would be able to ask her and that's assuming they'd even read your letter because I'm sure she gets so many.
    Zwdtm8.png
  • Options
    tams2578 wrote: »

You wouldn't be able to do that on this forum, you'd have to figure out who to write to that works for her that would be able to ask her and that's assuming they'd even read your letter because I'm sure she gets so many.

Okay I just sent a massage and a call back for the agent and direct management.
  • Options
    tams2578tams2578 Posts: 705 Member
    tams2578 wrote: »

Okay I just sent a massage and a call back for the agent and direct management.

Let us know if you hear anything back from them, okay?
    Zwdtm8.png
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Personally I'd prefer no licensed content at all, and I did initially turn my nose up at ST, but the pack did grow on me after a while, especially when Seasons came out & I realized some of the objects could double as holiday decor. I'd love a theme park pack, but I don't see why a celebrity has to be tied in with it. Don't get me wrong, I do like Katy Perry, I just like to think of my sims as living in their own separate universe.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Personally I'd prefer no licensed content at all, and I did initially turn my nose up at ST, but the pack did grow on me after a while, especially when Seasons came out & I realized some of the objects could double as holiday decor. I'd love a theme park pack, but I don't see why a celebrity has to be tied in with it. Don't get me wrong, I do like Katy Perry, I just like to think of my sims as living in their own separate universe.

@ldmarko

Well Oblivia is purpose to going to be a vacation world amusement park.

also I was thinking about adding one of the rides from a short film.

https://youtu.be/RVeHxUVkW4w

Sometimes I wonder if that will be possible.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Honestly, people will find any reason to hate Katy Perry. That's the sole reason many people bash this stuff pack. If it were any other celebrity, it would've been met with praise... but because it's "cool" to hate Katy Perry (for whatever reason), that's why this particular stuff pack was criticized. A lot of the criticism are extremely biased for this reason... which is also why I don't really take them seriously. For example, Lazy Gamer's review was basically "I hate Katy Perry" all the way through.

There are many things you can do with quite a few of the objects from the stuff pack... just because too many people lack imagination and creativity doesn't change that.

Personally, Sweet Treats is one of my favorite Sims 3 stuff packs. I love using the lollipop and peppermint heart lamps for my children's bedrooms. I even like using the single bed for that reason too. You can make a really nice children's room with quite a lot of the content. Of course, it's mostly for girls (if you're going to stereotype), but it could be used for boys too.

Creativity and imagination can make wonders.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Honestly, people will find any reason to hate Katy Perry. That's the sole reason many people bash this stuff pack. If it were any other celebrity, it would've been met with praise... but because it's "cool" to hate Katy Perry (for whatever reason), that's why this particular stuff pack was criticized. A lot of the criticism are extremely biased for this reason... which is also why I don't really take them seriously. For example, Lazy Gamer's review was basically "I hate Katy Perry" all the way through.

There are many things you can do with quite a few of the objects from the stuff pack... just because too many people lack imagination and creativity doesn't change that.

Personally, Sweet Treats is one of my favorite Sims 3 stuff packs. I love using the lollipop and peppermint heart lamps for my children's bedrooms. I even like using the single bed for that reason too. You can make a really nice children's room with quite a lot of the content. Of course, it's mostly for girls (if you're going to stereotype), but it could be used for boys too.

Creativity and imagination can make wonders.

@Lustianicia

I have one reason to make a Katy Perry pack with my imaginary and creativity skills so I can have a job working with EA. It’s not cool to hate Katy Perry because of a lack of creativity. All I want want is to fix the problem that everyone is having although people have the lack of imagination. I wish someone can team up with me or reasoning with a Katy Perry to make this happen. I can show the world of Sims 4 that I can make wonders because I have imagination and the creativity skills to do that with teamwork.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Katy Perry is hated? Since when?! I love her music and the Oblivia theme park was a brilliant video. Then again, Sweet Treats is one of my favorite stuff packs. THAT red dress... among other things.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Katy Perry is hated? Since when?! I love her music and the Oblivia theme park was a brilliant video. Then again, Sweet Treats is one of my favorite stuff packs. THAT red dress... among other things.

@ZeeGee

Thank you

I really love the trailer of the park

https://youtu.be/i7gHuDT1-xU