Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not toddlers, parents! (gripe again, sorry)

2...Next

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    @Simpkin in my experience turning autonomy off does give your sims enough time to get food for the toddler in the high chair. I don't remember if they won't get taken out at all, or that it will eventually happen if you don't direct an adult to take the toddler out of the high chair.
    Anyway, it does make the high chair a lot less frustrating.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    When I play with toddlers I lock them up in the nursery so they don’t wander away. I drag food into the room for the toddler when it is hungry. I have aging on and I always max out all their traits. This means my parent or parents spend most of their time with the kid forcing lessons so they never check up on the toddler. They actually want to get away from it. Lol
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    For stories, I've found it works best to tell the parent and toddler to sit first. Once they're seated, I pause the game, drag one or two books from the bookshelf into the adult's inventory, and click on the book in the inventory and tell her to read the story to the toddler. Otherwise, the toddler misses half the story because she's still climbing into a chair while the adult has already started reading.

Read toddler to sleep: always click on the bed and select 'read to sleep'. The parent will scoop the toddler up and put her in bed, and no fuss about it. (Don't try this in a thunderstorm - the toddlers jump out of bed and try to 'run inside'. In that case, I just tell the kid to go to bed, no story tonight.) Baths are a bit more tricky, because if you click on the bath, the parent will ask the child if she wants a bath, and the little monster might refuse. I've found that with 'independent' toddlers, it's better to have the toddler ask for the bath.
    I just want things to match. :'(