Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• February11February11 Posts: 12,645 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    DreamySims wrote: »
    I didn't know that Pregnant sims can't die :/
    They can't age up either, which I find annoying!

If you don't mind using mods, MCCC can turn that off so that they age.

Thanks for that, but I don't want to use mods. :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    So I took one of my couples out to Chez Llama, and found out that they can kiss right at the table, no need to get up! I had absolutely zero clue they could do this - wasn't sure there were any table interactions. It queued up a few interactions after the initial kiss too! Got to admit it was cute. ;)

02-16-19-10-12-00-PM.png
    02-16-19-10-12-37-PM.png
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    Pregnant sims can't age up.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm so happy that this thread is still alive! There are so many little details in the Sims games I'm glad we are still discovering some even after all this time. ^_^

I didn't know that with Cats and Dogs when you buy something new Cats and Dogs do a "what's that"? Animation. Cats and Dogs sniff and look at the new object quizzically ^^. I dunno if it's with all objects but I saw it happen with new food dishes and new litter boxes placed down.
  • MllespiderMllespider Posts: 33 Member
    edited February 2019
    I like to explore in live mode around the neighborhood to see things appening and I just found out in a little bay in Willow Creek near the museum a creature appearing at the surface of the water...it's there in all seasons except winter.
    In Windenburg the sheeps on the hills are not there in winter and start to appear in spring when snow dissapears. And there is less sheeps moving in the nights.
    Little details, little details, little details. I just love discovering these.
  • thepoisonpotatothepoisonpotato Posts: 1 New Member
    I just found out that you can store cakes (and any other food for that matter) in your household inventory thru build more if they're left out! Love this because I've been aging up a big family together even though they're in different households so now I can make the cake whenever, store it thru build mode, and then when I'm ready I can take it back out add candles and age up however many sims I need to by repeatedly adding candles quick enough so other sims don't try to eat the cake. I don't think they can spoil at all in household inventory, if they do it takes a very long time
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @thepoisonpotato I do something similar. When my sim is done aging up, I quickly add candles to the cake, then drag it into the fridge to use later. I use the same cake for all of my sims until it’s about to spoil; then I finally let them eat it.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    If a Sim has the Neat trait, they will periodically spray a desk/table with a disinfectant.
    In Seasons I didn't know that the lightning strikes can ruin items and also cause scorch marks that can be cleaned up. 🌩
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    This never happened before in my game so it's something surprising.

BIiw1GI.pnghZ8cwq3.pnguiQLa6l.png
    t9fOcrx.png

Lucrecia is still friends with monster under the bed.

RIjYiLE.jpg
    I just found out that you can store cakes (and any other food for that matter) in your household inventory thru build more if they're left out! Love this because I've been aging up a big family together even though they're in different households so now I can make the cake whenever, store it thru build mode, and then when I'm ready I can take it back out add candles and age up however many sims I need to by repeatedly adding candles quick enough so other sims don't try to eat the cake. I don't think they can spoil at all in household inventory, if they do it takes a very long time

That is worthy of noting!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    In Seasons I didn't know that the lightning strikes can ruin items and also cause scorch marks that can be cleaned up. 🌩

Yes, lightening stuck my sims balcony an made a big black mark on it which they cleaned up.
    MLgj4Vx.png

Yes, lightening stuck my sims balcony an made a big black mark on it which they cleaned up.

I have a flat roof for this one house I made and there is a scorch mark up there hahaha I wonder if it will just disappear over time lol

I have a flat roof for this one house I made and there is a scorch mark up there hahaha I wonder if it will just disappear over time lol

Maybe if you have heavy rain at some stage as I can't imagine you'd get them up there to clean it off!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    In Parenthood there are two different night lights 1 wall and 1 shelf/floor placeable one. Oddly enough that one is also shaped like an owl and is also considered a toy. I saw the Sim child playing with it down in the living room and one night I also got monsters and I was surprised because the nightlight got put in the toy box somehow lol.
  • ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member

t9fOcrx.png

RIjYiLE.jpg
    Does she have a brave trait? O_o
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member

t9fOcrx.png

RIjYiLE.jpg

That's so cute, my teen immediately ended his friendship with the monster under his bed when he aged up.
    ...Or maybe that was only because he started sleeping in coffins.
    LOL
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited February 2019
    Wrong thread, I meant to be in the Sims 3, ugh I misread the title ignore me.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

t9fOcrx.png

RIjYiLE.jpg

That's amazing! My sim kids are always afraid of the monster!

t9fOcrx.png

RIjYiLE.jpg

That's amazing! My sim kids are always afraid of the monster!

I haven't had any of my Sims make friends with the monster yet.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Having trouble with the Curator aspiration? I discovered that dragging stuff out of your sim's inventory and telling them to collect it again counts towards the number of X they have to collect, no matter how many times you make them pick up the very same thing.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Having trouble with the Curator aspiration? I discovered that dragging stuff out of your sim's inventory and telling them to collect it again counts towards the number of X they have to collect, no matter how many times you make them pick up the very same thing.

Actually, dragging it out of the inventory and back in works too. You don’t even have to set it down in the world; you can just take it out only to put it back in again!
    I didn't know in Seasons that when you get the soaking wet moodlet from being out in the rain you can click on the dresser/wardrobe and you can pick "change out of wet clothes "
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Maids steal any mysterious boxes your pets bring home.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top