Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    yeah i missed valentine candy but once the stich is is out i can get easter candy,comes out on the 28 th :)
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey everyone. How's it going today?
  • supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    We had people come over to give my German Shepherd his yearly injenction, where he nearly attacked them (and me) out of fear. I've never seen him that aggressive. Then when those people drove out of our house, I accidentally closed the gate on them. Now, I have to wait and see how much the damages on their car are going to be. What a great life... 😣

Poor boy. I always feel so bad for the dogs (and cats) who get so scared they become aggressive with us. Never easy for us, or the owners!
    :(@divanthesimmer Hugs, that sounds rough. My cat got very aggressive with the vet last time. She didn't like the visit at all, and the worst part was I couldn't be in the room with her to try and calm her down. Took 3 vets to hold her still and give her shots.

At my clinic, we almost always ask owners to step out of the room when we do the treatments for cats. The owners usually get stressed watching their cats have to be held and poked, which just stressed the cat out even more.
    Cat's are almost always so much more of a struggle to hold than dogs. Their so flexible, they can get out of your hold so easily. Most of my scars are from cat scratches and bites. I usually end up 'burrito'-ing cats (wrapping them in a blanket). They seem to do a lot better with it than being held down.
    yaHATa3.png
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Hi @Bugsie2016 ! It's going good for me - busy day ahead. I have a training class with my pup, have to get my critters cages cleaned, then go to work.
    How about you?
    yaHATa3.png
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @friendsfan367 Vaccinations.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Hi @Bugsie2016 ! It's going good for me - busy day ahead. I have a training class with my pup, have to get my critters cages cleaned, then go to work.
    How about you?

Good. Making a pinterest board from the POV of one of my characters. (It started out as me just picking things she likes but turned into things she would choose.) I might link it for people to have a look if they want.

How about you?

Good. Making a pinterest board from the POV of one of my characters. (It started out as me just picking things she likes but turned into things she would choose.) I might link it for people to have a look if they want.

Oh, cool! I have get to get into Pinterest, but my younger sister's on it all the time. Makes me feel old (even though I'm in my early 20's lol).
    yaHATa3.png
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 and @supernatural103 Thanks, it was a bit scary. He was so angry that my dad had to inject him while I held him. He would've attacked those people if they did it. They will probably never visit us again - an aggressive dog and a gate closing on their car...a place to stay away from!
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer

How about you?

Oh, cool! I have get to get into Pinterest, but my younger sister's on it all the time. Makes me feel old (even though I'm in my early 20's lol).

I'm going to link it because I spent way too long on this thing to not share it. :)Here
    i don't have a pet. but adrein and kris do,
    from the benders. they have a cat. and kris just had to take sprinkles to the vet for something i think the vet called cat scratch fever. it requied a shot . kris couldn't watch . he sheielded his eyes. i thought that was cute.
    edited February 2019

How about you?

i feel old when people call me maam.
    @AdamsEve1231 and @supernatural103 Thanks, it was a bit scary. He was so angry that my dad had to inject him while I held him. He would've attacked those people if they did it. They will probably never visit us again - an aggressive dog and a gate closing on their car...a place to stay away from!

Yeah, it can be difficult to experience, especially if you're not trained to deal with those kinds of things.
    We have another GSD that comes to our clinic, who also boards with us, that has recently gotten aggressive with everyone but me. For whatever reason, this dog loves me. The techs and vets have ended up having to have me go into the room with the owner to muzzle him (I'm the only one who he'll let do it) and bring him into our treatment area so I can hold him and let the get examine him. He'll still get a little growly with the vet, but I basically can just tell him 'no' and he'll settle down. They've also had me give him his vaccines (which at our clinic, assistants aren't supposed to do), because I can poke him without a muzzle or anyone holding him. No clue why this dog will react so strongly to other people, but at least I'm able to get his stuff done. :sweat_smile:

How about you?

I'm going to link it because I spent way too long on this thing to not share it. :)Here

That's so cool! Super in love with that foot tatt. Ugh, now I really want to go and get my second tattoo (too broke right now).

How about you?

I just had a client call me ma'am the other day. :bawling:
    yaHATa3.png

How about you?

That's so cool! Super in love with that foot tatt. Ugh, now I really want to go and get my second tattoo (too broke right now).

Riley is actually getting another one in story at some point. But deciding when I want to do it. But for now she only has the one. Actually on another note, I might post another chapter of BL soon actually because she's one of my favourite sims. The other being one of my LL Sims.

How about you?

Riley is actually getting another one in story at some point. But deciding when I want to do it. But for now she only has the one. Actually on another note, I might post another chapter of BL soon actually because she's one of my favourite sims. The other being one of my LL Sims.

Could you post links to your stories for me? I'm on mobile, and it's a pain to hunt them down. :weary: But I'd love to give them a read!
    yaHATa3.png

How about you?

Could you post links to your stories for me? I'm on mobile, and it's a pain to hunt them down. :weary: But I'd love to give them a read!

Sure:
    https://thepeopleofthelighttribestory.wordpress.com
    https://bugsie2016blog.wordpress.com
    https://lifeslessonsstory.wordpress.com
    https://whatarewereallymadeofstory.wordpress.com
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Anyone have any sims/simselves on the gallery I could use for a couple images in my story? Need 4 sims total, but may be able to use more in the background...

Joseph Simself 1.0 (my sim selfie)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)

How about you?

Sure:
    https://thepeopleofthelighttribestory.wordpress.com
    https://bugsie2016blog.wordpress.com
    https://lifeslessonsstory.wordpress.com
    https://whatarewereallymadeofstory.wordpress.com

Thanks! I'll go bookmark them. :smile:
    Anyone have any sims/simselves on the gallery I could use for a couple images in my story? Need 4 sims total, but may be able to use more in the background...

Joseph Simself 1.0 (my sim selfie)

Thanks!
    yaHATa3.png

Yeah, it can be difficult to experience, especially if you're not trained to deal with those kinds of things.
    We have another GSD that comes to our clinic, who also boards with us, that has recently gotten aggressive with everyone but me. For whatever reason, this dog loves me. The techs and vets have ended up having to have me go into the room with the owner to muzzle him (I'm the only one who he'll let do it) and bring him into our treatment area so I can hold him and let the get examine him. He'll still get a little growly with the vet, but I basically can just tell him 'no' and he'll settle down. They've also had me give him his vaccines (which at our clinic, assistants aren't supposed to do), because I can poke him without a muzzle or anyone holding him. No clue why this dog will react so strongly to other people, but at least I'm able to get his stuff done. :sweat_smile:

How about you?

How about you?

since i'm currently healing from wisdom tooth surgery no custer interactions for a few weeks,

the week before sugery a cuatomer yelled at me cause a game broke. who told him to keep swiping the card on it?

then today i got another who was upset cause his kid not a employee spilled his drink (alchol) and he wanted a new drink so

to recap i got yelled at my last day there and my secons day back. i had just clocked back in from my break i just hadn't gone back in the kitchen yet.
    and Brian brought me a giant cookie i can't even eat til the 28th. he didn't know i had oral surgery.

How about you?

How about you?

since i'm currently healing from wisdom tooth surgery no custer interactions for a few weeks,

the week before sugery a cuatomer yelled at me cause a game broke. who told him to keep swiping the card on it?

then today i got another who was upset cause his kid not a employee spilled his drink (alchol) and he wanted a new drink so

to recap i got yelled at my last day there and my secons day back. i had just clocked back in from my break i just hadn't gone back in the kitchen yet.

Oh, that's no fun! Drives me nuts when customers yell at my receptionists. Like, they're just doing their jobs. I'm sorry you thought it was okay to be 20 minutes late for your 30 minute appointment. Or decide you need to leave 15 minutes into your appointment so you can go to your dinner reservations. Nobody made you schedule at that time! Figure it out! :angry:
    and Brian brought me a giant cookie i can't even eat til the 28th. he didn't know i had oral surgery.

I now really want a cookie.
    yaHATa3.png

How about you?

How about you?

Oh, that's no fun! Drives me nuts when customers yell at my receptionists. Like, they're just doing their jobs. I'm sorry you thought it was okay to be 20 minutes late for your 30 minute appointment. Or decide you need to leave 15 minutes into your appointment so you can go to your dinner reservations. Nobody made you schedule at that time! Figure it out! :angry:

what do you do again? not sure if i asked already and forgot or i never asked.. the joys of antibiotics my nemory comes and goes.

they would be done already but i work in a restraunt so i decided work days were the best days to be drugged :):)

How about you?

How about you?

what do you do again? not sure if i asked already and forgot or i never asked.. the joys of antibiotics my nemory comes and goes.

they would be done already but i work in a restraunt so i decided work days were the best days to be drugged :):)

I work at a vet clinic, as an assistant. Basically, I'm in charge of keeping the clinic running. :lol: I keep things clean, help restrain animals so my techs can give vaccines/treatments/etc. I also answer the phones when my receptionists get too busy, take care of in-hospital patients, and any animal boarding with us.
    yaHATa3.png
  • MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    SimsCadet wrote: »
    Hey guys. I'm gonna start writing a story and I'm currently in the planning stages, however, I'm a bit stuck on what style I should go for. Like I can do a plot-driven story or a sim-driven one or something in the middle. I wanna know what you're currently doing and if you've got any tips and advice for me that would be greatly appreciated thxs
    Little late to answer you, but welcome! As @AdamsEve1231 suggested, it's really up to what works for you. If you really like staging and taking screenshots, using mods to get things the way you want them, etc, you'll probably enjoy plot-driven more than sim-driven. Personally I didn't have much inspiration going in: I wanted to write a story to go along with my attempt at the Build A City Challenge, but I didn't plan out any of the story in advance -- so sim-driven made a lot more sense to me. Ultimately I think most stories end up being a bit of a mix. I don't advise firmly putting yourself in one camp or the other. If you have an initial plot idea in your head, play that out, take lots of screenshots, and see how it goes. If you get writer's block or another obstacle, try playing 'more for fun' or according to how the characters might behave in their day to day lives and see where that goes. Take lots of photos of that, too.

The two most important things I've learned in my short time writing SimLit:
    1. Take lots of screenshots, it's a lot easier to delete extras than it is to go back and reshoot a scene.
    2. Save often, with different file names. If you do want to reshoot something, this will be a god-send. If you need to delete some of your saves to make room on your computer, make sure you keep one from each life-stage or other big milestone so you can jump back easily for reshoots, pics "of memories" etc.

If you're curious about how I found my SimLit format/style, I can give some more background :smile: I first started my story as entirely sim-driven, using screenshots from when I played. After writing almost 20 chapters in a short format with those pics, I decided to rewrite it. I felt at that point my writing had already improved a lot and I had a better sense of where things were going. I knew a rewrite would have better pacing and hold readers' interest better even if I did longer chapters. So that's when I did most of my planning...
    1. To improve the pacing and better complement the Challenge I'm doing, I decided to frame chapters more around locations in the town rather than events in the founding family's lives.
    2. I mapped out what had happened in my gameplay on a timeline and then decided what each chapter could cover.
    3. I made bullet point notes about what I needed to cover in each chapter based on that timeline.
      - For example, in chapter 1 I had to introduce my founding sim, which I wanted to do by showing her 'building' a community garden, and her house had to be built to set up for chapter 2. In chapter 2, I had to introduce her love interest, cover their marriage, and start their family. After chapter 3 the timelines covered by each chapter got a lot shorter since I had more Sims and interesting aspects of the story to cover. Some only cover one day, such as chapters 7 and 19.
    This is a somewhat unconventional approach, and I only knew it was right for my story after what I learned by writing 20 chapters on the content that now is covered in less than 10. Don't be afraid to dive in and see what works. Maybe recruit a few from this thread or join a reading circle to get some people to read your first few chapters for feedback. The only real downside to scrapping my first attempt and trying again is how time-consuming taking more screenshots since I didn't have enough/shots of everything I wanted to include with the new format. I use a mix of the original screenshots I took while playing and reshoots. The latter by far take the most of my time for each chapter. As a result, I'm only on chapter 17 this time around, after much more time. I had to start from scratch for several chapters to give more background on some of the characters that came into play later on, add interest to the story, etc. I'm sure others can speak more to the pros and cons of rewriting, if you're interested -- @AdamsEve1231 made the decision not to do reshoots for her rewrite of the Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright (KCLKF), but that means she has some chapters without screenshots. (As a reader, I still enjoy it very much!!) If I recall correctly, @MadameLee is reshooting and rewriting the entirety of her Swansons legacy story.
    Another question. Do you let your sims have jobs?
    This definitely depends on how you're approaching your story. Obviously gameplay-driven is a bit easier if they're working some sort of job :smile: but if you have a specific plot/vision for your story and are comfortable using cheats, mods, etc. you can definitely provide everything for the screenshots you need without bothering with normal game mechanics.

Best of luck, @SimCadet! Be sure to share your story with us after you get started!
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    Hey guys. I'm gonna start writing a story and I'm currently in the planning stages, however, I'm a bit stuck on what style I should go for. Like I can do a plot-driven story or a sim-driven one or something in the middle. I wanna know what you're currently doing and if you've got any tips and advice for me that would be greatly appreciated thxs

@MadameLee is reshooting and rewriting the entirety of her Swansons legacy story.

As @Morningstar said I'm re shooting and rewriting the entirely of my Swanson Legacy. Hopefully by Tuesday I might be able to put up my chapter about C camps.

Another question. Do you let your sims have jobs?
    Real or in your head jobs?

In the beginning of Gen 5 my Gen 4 heiress will have a job as a Scienst but after some drama and her Daughters are teens there's going to be a quieting of the job (new *aggressive* hubby insists). Gen 5 heiress will have a job as an entertainer but she's going to be bit too inhibited by "juice" but the focus will be on her two (separated) twin daughters, one of her husband's cousins one remove, and two potential love interests for the already-mentioned daughter) Gen 6 after the First Two "acts" will move to the big city and at first be a food critic and then becomes a politician and defeats (enemy). Gen 7's heiress's love interest for plot reasons (and note: this is only in my head) has to join the military.

6adMCGP.gif

How about you?

How about you?

I work at a vet clinic, as an assistant. Basically, I'm in charge of keeping the clinic running. :lol: I keep things clean, help restrain animals so my techs can give vaccines/treatments/etc. I also answer the phones when my receptionists get too busy, take care of in-hospital patients, and any animal boarding with us.

i was right. i knew that blame the meds. i decied to use my antibiotics from dental sugry on wordays, but they make me forget things just litle things,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top