Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did anyone play the GilsCarbo family and notice this?

Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
I started playing Monte Vista (SUCH a beautiful world) and decided to start with Goopys family. The mother, Carlotta has a beautiful garden filled with different vegetables. However, she nor her husband have any gardening skills, so all the plants end up dying -_-

Comments

• Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    LOL They must have had a gardener.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    never noticed as I have never played the family. It must be the challenge - skill them up before the plants die! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    How about the sim who did plant those and had sufficient gardening skill to do so died or moved away before the game started? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I don't have all EPs installed so I don't know if what I am about to type applies but sims don't need gardening skills to harvest plants. I think they need to read a gardening book, take a course or plant or water something to get the skill started. Plants don't die because the sims don't have gardening skills; they die because they have been harvested enough times to become barren. I am pretty sure a plant has never died in my game just because there was no-one with gardening skills to tend them. My high level gardening sims have died and their gardens didn't just up and die because the heir didn't have gardening skills when he took over.
  • Options
    @igazor A little like when in RL you buy a house already lived in. You should always wait to tear up the garden, there can be many nice surprises :) It still upsets me when we sold our house in autumn, and the people didn't wait to see the fantastic explosion of crocuses and other springflowers... :(
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2019
    @Mikezumi - Plants can die of neglect, rather than go barren, if they aren't watered and weeded. It's pretty rare in my game, there has to be a lot of neglect for that to happen.

@jillbg - Similar story. My family moved into a new (to them, it was really quite old) house while I was in college. My mom is a gardener, loved having all the new extra yard space to work with, and we had years of fresh purple eggplant to enjoy after that. The strange thing is, she insists that she never planted that and they were getting in the way of her zucchini or something. The eggpants were growing wild, essentially, from years of being planted by the former owner and the seeds had been spreading on their own. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @igazor I must not have neglected mine that much then ;) I have played long stretches where there was an existing garden that I didn't have my sims tend but it must not have been long enough to cause death.
  • Options
    @igazor Lucky you to have such succulent greenery on your menu :)
    NymlADp.jpg