Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighbourhood Talk: Season 2! 31/Jan/21

Comments

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    CANDY I am screaming. You've mastered the GIF mini-movie too.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @InfraGreen not mastered, someone mentioned the frames are too short to read :D
    But I made them slightly longer now and hope it's enough.
    Okay I admit I have too much fun with these. So here's two more!

Francesco

Alejandro
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Poor Mae! Your true love is right there.... And that HOT dude! Yum!
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I'm loving this latest set of chapters.

Mae's gotta get it together and be safer and make smarter decisions. Oh her wild, frivolous ways! There's experimenting and then there's stupidity, and I feel like she's teetering on this line. I still love her to pieces, her wild-eyed way of looking at the world, and how she loves so completely and unconditionally and opens up her heart so fully to everyone, even if it gets her into trouble, and she could be more guarded for her own safety... and sanity.

Franco, as I stated over on the blog, rocks the sweatshirt look. But recently, I've noticed just how good looking Tristan is. His goal of ridding the streets of Paris of filth is noble, but perhaps a little too lofty. And even if he's out to get Franco and Mae, I still find him incredibly hot, especially when he's all contemplating :blush: like here...
    15.12.18_20-01-35.png

Btw... looked at the trailer for Season 2 of NBHT over on your Tumblr. Squee!!!
    Linda is crushing on Frank! Hmm... wonder who's apartment she wandered to? I smell drama! And maybe taking a break from love will be good for Mae. I feel bad for her, and I want her to be happy, but maybe she needs to figure out who she is and what she wants.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    I'm loving everything I am seeing especially the one with Linda and Frank! Thank you so much for these spoilers!
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    The teasers are great. Makes me want to lock you in a room so you would write and write so we could already read all that.
    So what do those teasers suggest? Linda seems to be still in the friend zone with Frank. And somehow Diana will find herself in the same apartment with Ben, the new member of Deep Rift. Possible romance for those two? Diana deserves hapiness, but since you shot down Friana as impossible (Franny being in the same band with Al and all that), Biana doesn't seem viable either.
    Moving on to Franny's video. The most important piece of info is the two cops coming for him. Does it mean his past will catch up with him? Unresolved stuff from Paris maybe? After so many years?
    Al worrying about his kids? Unbelievable. Will Fernandez run away from home or will he just seek out his dad, because he wants to live with him? Will he get into trouble?
    Finding herself would be a good thing for Mae. On the other hand I hope living in SM won't turn out to be another Paris for her. Partying and all that. In a way that would make sense too. She's in this vicious circle. Acting carelessly - enjoying life - falling for someone - leaving them - back to enjoying life and partying.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    I only seen the first two with Linda and Mae now I just seen the other two thanks to @Maladi777 's message I realized that I missed something.

I'm really excited about Franco's as I have been taking it for granted that everything in Paris is has all been worked out by the end of the retrospect but now I question if that is true. Has Franco had something hanging over his head all this time and we just didn't know about it? I hate to say this but Franco seems like he is a bit depressed and suicidal before the police show up.

Could it be that one of Alejandro's kids is going to force him to man up and become a father? This is going to be very interesting.
    Oh yes, the one with Al was surprising. Maybe he will finally be the father his kids deserve. I wonder if he'll even salvage his marriage or if he's going to damage things further. Also... ominous police at his door! Wonder what laws he broke... or crime he witnessed. Looking forward to more. These teasers bring up so many questions. :o

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AudreyFld I'm sure all my dudes are hot in their own way :D But do you mean someone specific?

@AdamsEve1231 Welcome here! <3
    @Maladi777 gave me a great detective for my story! He's so much fun to write, and for sure eye candy.

If you want to know at whose door Linda ended up with...
    It is actually Mae's! :D

Mae definitely has some stuff to figure out about herself. Let's hope she has learned from her previous failures before getting involved again.

And wow, do you really think Al's marriage is salvable? :D Now that I call optimism!

@Maladi777 Comments and theories like yours are the bread and butter motivation for me to keep writing <3 Pay me enough and I'll do nothing more :P

About Friana, I forgive everyone to not see the biggest problem with this, as I have probably too many characters that are all involved in various ways with each other.
    Long text ahead, so I'll put it under a cut.
    Diana is friends with Rosa - Franny's ex-wife! And while they're not besties, they're still pretty good friends, and Rosa was a big support to her when she had her own baby, Lana. So, while she knows Franny superficially, she has heard enough stories from Rosa about his very probable infidelties and long absences of home (though she doubted Mae was involved - they were kinda friends too!).
    Then there's her own experience with Alejandro (being the ONS, and as a fangirl she knew about his marriage!), and Alejandro and Francesco are in the same band, ergo spend a lot of time together.
    Now add to this that Franny left Rosa, literally telling her he had enough of her, and his infant son, out of the blue, that doesn't put him in the best light for Diana.
    As a single mother, I'd think twice to date the irresponsible, possibly unfaithful ex-husband of my good friend, who also is a good friend of a man that made her feel betrayed.
    As for Franny, he definitely has a ton of other problems than wanting to date the (in his eyes) plain, boring friend of his crazy ex. :D
    They'd probably have to spend a lot of time together before resolving their prejudices, which they obviously won't - unless I force them :smirk:
    Long story short, Ben does in fact have better chances, being a fresh face not involved in all that bs that went on in Oasis Springs :)

About Franny... it is possible Paris caught up with him, or he just did some stupid stuff again :D Or someone just doesn't like him... so many possibilities!
    If you look close, there's another hint in his teaser, unrelated to the police, though.

Fernandez will definitely show up, but for what reason, you'll have to be patient :P

Mae is determined not to fall in love again - or at least, not to act on it anymore! And she had learned in Paris it's a good coping mechanism, so she might go back to the old ways she abandoned during season one, when she returned to Windenburg and got married.
    Unless - maybe someone will convince her otherwise!

@Piazzagirl1015 I'd be devastated if you'd miss only one of them :D<3
    Linda definitely starts out season 2 with being friends only with Frank. But will it change?

I haven't gotten that far in Paris yet, but things are getting only worse and worse for Franco. Your suspicion that some things might stay unresolved is true, but ofc I won't tell you if it has anything to do with the police showing up at his door in Myshuno :P
    @candycottonchu - the one answering the door....
    @AudreyFld oh - sorry I suffer from bad understanding after work :sweat_smile:<3
    Not really thinking his marriage is salvageable but I'm trying to be optimistic. :D

Thanks for the welcome, @candycottonchu and thank you, @Maladi777 for the eye candy. :p

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Not really thinking his marriage is salvageable but I'm trying to be optimistic. :D

Thanks for the welcome, @candycottonchu and thank you, @Maladi777 for the eye candy. :p
    You mean Tristan? You're welcome. I kind of have a soft spot for him myself. He's a genetic mix of a fan favourite AU couple from my story. With such good cop genes what could possibly go wrong?
    cherry.jpg

heffners_orig.jpg
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Just read the awkward chapter. You know what? I'm shipping them even more now. XD
    Tbh the writing in that chapter was gold!
    People ask and I deliver...
    Here's two teasers for season 2!
    Mae1.gif
    Linda1.gif

Any thoughts? :smiley:

Disclaimer: everything is still WIP and might change.

eeee. You know what this reminds me of? The film 'In Her Shoes' where the sisters suddenly find their lives have switched places (not literally). So excited for the next installment. XD
    @simscognito i'm glad you enjoyed that chapter! :smiley:
    And the teasers! You're right they really are a bit similar to that movie xD Both sisters will have to learn from each other.
    Did you see the other two teasers too? I'm curious what you think. The links are on the third post on this page.
    @candycottonchu just seen them now. Oh god. What is Franco in trouble with now? I wonder if both Franco and Mae learn how to live together since they appear to be looking for the same thing...
    edited March 2019
    @simscognito Franny is good at finding trouble, that hasn't changed :joy:

On to another update in Paris...

Mae's running mouth got herself quite in trouble... or did it not?

tumblr_inline_po8w4ahhng1qhz9r8_540.png

3.9. Mae West - Screw that
    Post edited by candycottonchu on
    Dang the chapter had to end just to remind me that their living situation was too good to be true. :pensive:

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @InfraGreen can't be everything sunshine and rainbows! :smiley:

A sims writer being evil? I am SHOCKED.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »

I won't call her evil until she kills Franny.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Maladi777 wrote: »

And then he's a clone in NBHT?!?!?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @Maladi777 wrote: »

That's blasphemy!