Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lifetime rewards

Do you take them? I used to but not so much anymore I find them a little too cheaty now and they make the game too easy and boring for me. Especially the ridiculous ones like 'steel bladder'
ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I seldom take Steel Bladder, Hardly Hungry or Dirt Defiant, but otherwise, yes - I load my Sims up. Fast Learner is usually the one I invest in first. Others depend on my notion of the Sim concerned, his goals, skills and priorities. They do add up, especially on longer lifespans.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I seldom take Steel Bladder, Hardly Hungry or Dirt Defiant, but otherwise, yes - I load my Sims up. Fast Learner is usually the one I invest in first. Others depend on my notion of the Sim concerned, his goals, skills and priorities. They do add up, especially on longer lifespans.
    Yeah that's what I'm trying to do now, cherry pick the less 'cheaty' ones but based on my sim's personality and life goals

Before I'd just hoard them all and then get bored xD
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited February 2019
    Since I don't consider making my sims lives easier "cheaty", I use a lot of them! When I am managing a family of 8-10 there's nothing boring about it and I would find them going to the bathroom or spending ridiculous amounts of time maintaining friendships boring.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I try to roleplay them. They have to match my sim's personality. A scientist might get the teleporter, not an everyday sim. I gave steel bladder to my firefighter who had a bladder accident during one of his heroic deeds. I had pity on him. And he is an athlete, he could work it out and train his bladder to never fail him again... ;)
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »

I don't take these either, but I do take fast learner as well. And Multi-Tasker + Opportunistic because I love opportunities. I also take Inappropriate in a good way, because I get tired of my sim being told off by hypocritical sims who do the same thing in my sims home, that they tell my sim off for. Like having a fridge quick meal, or whatnot.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

Whether a player finds rewards make the game too easy or not would depend on what life span is used, IMO. With aging turned off or epic or long life spans the game could get boring with things made easy. When normal or shorter life span is used then aspects of the game that make it easier or less tedious make it more enjoyable.

I have always played normal life span but have started a game using long life span so will see how this theory holds up.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member

There are a few that I try to get right away. In my current save, I have to get them all eventually as it is a challenge where you max all skills and skill challenges, careers, and some other things. In a normal save, Steel Bladder is always my first one. Other than that, it is up to what ones I think the Sim needs.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    I also got tired of a couple of the rewards. I like to see my sims spending time in the bathroom, eating, showering and socializing. On the other hand, I invest in "Fast Cleaner" as soon as the toilet gets dirty too easity. "innapropriate but in a good way" is another one of my favorites. Inventors will get the reward for them, Writers, the one for them, Painters and so on. I also like to get, at least, one butterfly to find items.

Once I used that car that fills the motives. The design was cool, but my sims wouldn't go to sleep since it fills their bars completely. I found that a big bummer.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I use and enjoy lifetime rewards. They only feel like cheating if I use cheats or Master Controller to give them the lifetime happiness points (which I've done, but rarely), otherwise I feel they are a perk I have earned.

I always start with Observant and Steel Bladder, and most sims will also get Fast Learner and legendary Host. I also like Long-Distance Friend and Attractive.

I do like seeing my sims cook and eat food, especially if the household sits down together, but I don't like having their bladder need to worry about, so I can't get them Steel Bladder soon enough!