Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Game Pack is your favourite?

Comments

• Options
    CasuallySherlockCasuallySherlock Posts: 34 Member
    I gotta say, I hated Parenthood when I first got it but not because it wasn't what they said it would be or didn't work the way it should've, just because dealing with more than one child was challenging. But that's life. Eventually, you get better at caring for the children but it adds so much more depth to the game. All the new things you can do and all the new interactions you can have with your family. I love how different you can make your sims. The character value traits are my favorite part because if you have an idea for your sim, it's nice to give them that trait.
    Wolfgang Munch, for example. He's super edgy and you can deepen his character by making him really empathetic but making it so he can't control his emotions. Makes each character really unique and fun to play with.
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    Vampires! Followed by Parenthood and Dineout. I love the aesthetics of Vampires and Parenthood (Vamps especially) and I use restaurants in every single save. They're addicting to build.

Off topic, but I think the first thing I ever built in a Sims game (Sims 2) was a restaurant with a hotel upstairs. Hotels would be fun to build with The Sims 4's build/buy mode. ;P
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    I play mostly a family centric game but find parenthood useless. None of the questions teens ask really make any difference. So when they constantly pop up, it's just annoying. Maybe I'm not realizing what all came with the parenthood pack. Why do people love it so much?

Vampires is definitely a favorite of mine too, but spa day was perfect for me and essential given that I'm a yoga instructor irl. I use things from spa day more than I play with vampires.

It does add an extra incentive for taking care of the baby objects; just interacting with the babies is a good way to get a head start on the Parenthood skill (I play on Long lifespan and if I keep the babies as babies for the maximum time I can usually hit level 3 or 4 before they age up to Toddler, which gives a big advantage in terms of punishments when they act up (I like playing Independent toddlers but they tend to defy a lot especially for potty training). As you get the Parenting skill higher you'll get additional choices, and you'll get told which childhood trait is affected. For example, one option will raise Responsibility but lower Conflict Resolution, or another will raise Empathy but lower Manners. So if you're trying to get your offspring particular traits when they age up to YA you can focus on those particular answers when the Ask for Advice pops up. I also like many of the new interactions that are available. And when you create new Sims in CAS if you use cheats you can add in some of the Parenthood traits to your Sims when you put them in game -- I like the Good Manners trait because of the Polite Introduction, and the Compassionate trait gives a lot of the benefits of finishing the Soulmate aspiration but with more than just your spouse. That's one of the main reasons I like it -- it helps add an extra dimension of personality to my Sims.

Parenthood also has some of my favorite CAS and Build/Buy items, and I do like the Commodious Residence that came in the library -- it's set up well for families (though I usually squeeze in a basement so I can add content) and tbe bedrooms are large enough where you can sleep two in a room if you end up with twins. Once you're done having kids you can convert the nursery/toddler room to either a playroom or a place for the kids to do homework. If you don't like the bright green it's not too hard to change the siding to a more neutral color, and if you want a larger backyard you can put it on a 40x30 lot instead of a 30x20 and add fencing/landscaping, or you could even maybe squeeze in a small garage on the lot.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I chose Spa Day, because I use the pack's items so much in my builds. I don't really build spas, though, so I suppose if you want to go by how much I utilise the actual gameplay, it's probably Parenthood.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I only have Dine Out, Parenthood, and Outdoor Retreat, but I like them all. Dine Out is probably my favourite right now because it's the latest one I got, though I love how much game play Parenthood adds since I usually only play big families. I like the camping objects Outdoor Retreat provides because I end up using the wooden seats and fireplaces a lot if I'm doing a history-based challenge, or for holidays I create in-game. I don't go to Granite Falls often with my Sims, but when they are there the atmosphere feels great.

Now that we have the portable sketch pad I want to send my artist Sims there once they're good enough to Paint from Reference -- I could probably get some nice unique paintings to decorate my homes (ditto going to Selvadorada to paint there). I've heard it's really awesome in winter (if you have Seasons); not much to do since the plants are all dormant and the rivers are too cold for fishing, but would be a nice time for a family to stay inside, play cards or Don't Wake the Llama, and just relax.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Vampires is the BEST!! I love Jungle Adventures and Dine Out. Oh, and Spa! Well for me all the game packs are awesome, they give so much to the gameplay o:)
  • Options
    ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    Parenthood applies to just about every family, so it's really versatile and game-changing.

But can I just say how beautiful Jungle Adventure is? It's clear the team did so much work on that pack. That was a huge game pack! And so fun to play. Unfortunately, being an archaeologist just isn't realistic for all of my sims...
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Jungle Adventure because I love to send my sims treasure hunting, and also because it has some of my favorite CAS & build/buy objects.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ErwyleErwyle Posts: 17 Member
    I'm really liking vampires. There's a lot to the gameplay and they have cool powers...
  • Options
    AlexCroft93AlexCroft93 Posts: 22 Member
    Dine Out... best one!
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Parenthood is my favourite as I play with families all the time. It is also the only gamepack I have.

I was just about to write this, but you said it for me :smiley:
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    JuiceboxQueenJuiceboxQueen Posts: 77 Member
    Dine Out. I hated that they didn't include rabbit holes in the town like a theater and a restaurant for base game. I missed my sims going out on a date to a restaurant. The first pack I wanted when I got Sims 4 was Dine Out. Love it.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Currently Vampires. However create a Witches game pack and I can already see it being my Number 1! 😃
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I like Dine Out it gives my Sims something to do and it helps the Club system for them to get together talking and I like to order their food and drinks . I also like Parenthood too.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I haven’t even played it yet but I’m already loving the looks of the one they’re announcing tomorrow.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    I feel conflicted about voting for Dine Out as I have not tried running a restaurant. I love everything else about the pack though and wouldn't want to play without it. My other favourite is Vampires which is really well made (also best world and CAS) but I don't play vampires all time so it gets less use than DO.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited February 2019
    Sigh, where to begin. I need them all in my game. I use dine out and parenthood a lot! I use vampires when I rotate to those households, and spa day, well when they go to the spa. Jungle adventures and OR are used depending on the household. But of course I enjoy the items and CAS...
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    TheWomanMonsterTheWomanMonster Posts: 49 Member
    They all have great build buy items if you're looking for a specific style but I feel Parenthood brought the most to the table for my gameplay itself.

👍🏻
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited February 2019
    Since I have all the GPs, with the exception of Vampires (so not into supernaturals) I can say I enjoy bits of all of them. I have a Sim who is an Archaeologist B-lister, she's so good at it. So, I enjoy that pack for this specific career. I use Dine Out all of the time. It's the best place for my Sims to pop the question, for instance. But I prefer Parenthood, as that reaches across all of my game saves.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MelissaLiMelissaLi Posts: 20 Member
    i love parenthood, even though its only a game pack it adds a lot to game play and makes raising children way more enjoyable.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

yeye
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Vampires is the only one I have, but I'd like to get Outdoor Retreat, if only for the tents and coolers!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    Zilo863Zilo863 Posts: 8 New Member
    I only have dine out and parenthood. I have not even touched dine out and my sims stay having babies so parenthood is awesome to me
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited February 2019
    From Let's Plays I have seen on YouTube, Outdoor Retreat is my favorite. I love the objects from it. Sadly I don't own it yet. But I have all the others except Jungle Adventure and Vampires.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Hmmm.... idk, Parenthood does add some cool stuff, it’s the one that adds scouting, moods/manners, and childhood aspirations, right? That’s a lot of great stuff that really adds to gameplay. So I think it adds the best value to gameplay. Problem is, I find playing kids/teens in this game to be an absolute bore even with these things. So for me personally it adds nothing. As a parent sim with baby/toddler sims you just go to work only to come home to fulfill all their needs then go to bed. As a teen you go to school, go to work, do your homework, then go to bed. Just to do these same exact things over and over again.... while I appreciate the things it adds, it’s too boring for me to actually use.

Vampires is really cool, I love leveling my vampire skills like I’m playing an rpg. Plus it adds a town, that’s a huge plus for me. The build/buy stuff and CAS stuff is great too. BUT, only a small percentage of our sims are vampires, so it’s hard to say Vampires is best when only like 1 in 20 of sims are vampires...

Dine Out is an awesome idea but it’s ruined by the fact it takes 12+ in game hours to complete the process of having a meal at a restaurant.

I really liked Outdoor Retreat, but it was ruined by Seasons. Seasons added a “feature” where plants only grow if you are on the lot at exactly 5 am. The whole fun of Outdoor Retreat was collecting everything, now you are forced to stand around on a lot all night waiting for 5 am to try to collect all the plants.

Jungle Adventure is pretty cool. But it’s something I rarely do.

Spa Day is pretty simple. All it adds is spa stuff. But, every sim can get rich and it’s pretty great to have spas, massage tables, and massage chairs to fill the rooms in your mansion. The wellness skill and teleportation are pretty cool too.

My conclusion is that there is NO WAY to pick just one that has the greatest value. It depends on the individual playing the game and the story they want to tell. They all add something that is insignificant overall, but they can be significant in certain situations.

Want to have a sim who makes a living owning a restaurant? Get Dine Out. Want to make a sim who is an adventurer or Outdoorsy type? Get Outdoors Retreat and Jungle Adventure. Want to fill your mansions with spas and such? Get Spa Day. Love raising kids? Get Parenthood. Etc etc....

Personally I feel like, if you are a real simmer, you want to play for thousands of hours. These game packs only add tens of hours to your overall gameplay. But they all add a little something that is perfect for one of the many stories you want to create. Buy them all. Even if you have to just buy one or two each time there is a sale.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Spa Day followed by Dine Out.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png