Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If we can't have CAW, can we at least get SAW?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    why replace worlds when you can duplicate worlds please make it happen
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    thesims4queenthesims4queen Posts: 45 Member
    Actually, it was a great idea, and I wish the screen would be the picture of the neighborhood that moved the mechanism instead of the jewel will be more beautiful in my mind
  • Options
    thesims4queenthesims4queen Posts: 45 Member
    > @ts1depot said:
    > Make it happen, EA! ;)
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    The current system of downloading saved game files works fine as it is. I have several save files downloaded off of CC sites. To make your own, all you have to do is download an empty save off the web (or manually bulldoze all the lots yourself), put the lots you want in the world you want, and copy the file so you have a pre-saved neighborhood next time you start up a new game.
  • Options
    chrang7520chrang7520 Posts: 407 Member
    edited May 2017
    Did you know we can already save worlds in the game? But not rename the town or put it in the gallery and we can also duplicate the town.
    All you have to do is edit your town the way you want and go to the folder in the top right corner, click "save as" and give it a unique name so it doesn't overwrite an existing game. Then you don't have to keep rebuilding newcrest, when you start a new game just save it under a new name so you can always keep you original saved game.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 2019
    We could also be able to save individual neighbourhoods instead of a whole world. That would be really cool and handy. A nice example of this feature in action would be a renovation of the private island in Windenburg.
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2019
    By SAW, I mean Save-a-World. As in, being able to save a world like a lot to your gallery and even upload and share it. Often times, simmers make a world (especially Newcrest) according to a theme, or simply in a specific way, which they wish to use again or share, but it is a ton of effort to place all those lots again. If we could only save a world and maybe give it a new name, it would really be very useful and allow builders to share their "custom worlds" again, almost like in TS3.

Would you simmers like this? Say what you think in the comments :)

Agreed awesome idea. I ll mention this to Grant and Graham.

Edit
    Just realized this is a necro thread. Didn't know until I posted.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    By SAW, I mean Save-a-World. As in, being able to save a world like a lot to your gallery and even upload and share it. Often times, simmers make a world (especially Newcrest) according to a theme, or simply in a specific way, which they wish to use again or share, but it is a ton of effort to place all those lots again. If we could only save a world and maybe give it a new name, it would really be very useful and allow builders to share their "custom worlds" again, almost like in TS3.

Would you simmers like this? Say what you think in the comments :)

Agreed awesome idea. I ll mention this to Grant and Graham.

Edit
    Just realized this is a necro thread. Didn't know until I posted.

I actually didn't know what a necro thread is :disappointed:
    But just bc it is accidentally necro, doesn't mean that it suddenly isn't a good idea anymore! If you'd like to suggest it, that would be awesome. An idea is an idea :)
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    I'd rather have create-a-world honestly
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png