Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Allow Us to Set the Climates of the Individual Worlds

Del Sol Valley is so small that I really want to make San Myshuno the "downtown" district and perhaps Newcrest as a wealthy suburb, but since they have different climates than DSV, it really doesn't work. Honestly, if there really are technical reasons for making small worlds, at least giving players this ability would go a long way into creating the illusion of larger worlds when needed. CAW would be better, mind you, but I have given up on that one.

Comments

• WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    That's an excellent idea.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Yes, please. We could do it in Sims 2 and I think in Sims 3 as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Would this include allowing players to have snow in OS?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    That is what we had in TS2, so I know it is possible. The survivors from the old days should have thought of that and seen to it that it got programmed in. Assuming, of course, the suits would let them.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Yes, I would love to be able to have more control of the weather. I also want to have longer seasons. They seem to fly by too fast for the stories I'm playing. I wanted my sims to celebrate Christmas the same time as I'm here in the real world, but it's just not possible.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Yes, I would love to be able to have more control of the weather. I also want to have longer seasons. They seem to fly by too fast for the stories I'm playing. I wanted my sims to celebrate Christmas the same time as I'm here in the real world, but it's just not possible.

I would love longer seasons too. 28 days is way too short for my playstyle.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    With seasons you can do that. All you need is the weather machine, fully upgrade it and you are good to go. Its not ideal but it serves the purpose you are asking. For now.
    Yes, it should be in the base game. But its too late now because seasons exist. Unless it makes sense to have weather control in the base game and the weather machine for weather control.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited December 2018
    Zasz wrote: »
    With seasons you can do that. All you need is the weather machine, fully upgrade it and you are good to go. Its not ideal but it serves the purpose you are asking. For now.
    Yes, it should be in the base game. But its too late now because seasons exist. Unless it makes sense to have weather control in the base game and the weather machine for weather control.

The weather machine doesn't really provide what people are asking for. At best, the weather machine helps storytellers who need a change of weather at a specific point, for recording. However, if I understand correctly, what is being discussed here is the ability to control the climate and the seasons of each "world" as each player sees fit. Unfortunately, the weather machine can't do that.

TS2 and TS3 allowed players to control weather on the fly, as well as the length of the seasons. It's really hard to understand why, in most aspects of game play and environment creation, TS4 has less options for the player to control the scenario. The game is getting better at this. The team is starting to put smaller things into the player's control, such as self-employment titles and descriptions. Yet, sweeping, more crucial systems are still out of the players' control.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Zasz wrote: »

The weather machine doesn't really provide what people are asking for. At best, the weather machine helps storytellers who need a change of weather at a specific point, for recording. However, if I understand correctly, what is being discussed here is the ability to control the climate and the seasons of each "world" as each player sees fit. Unfortunately, the weather machine can't do that.

TS2 and TS3 allowed players to control weather on the fly, as well as the length of the seasons. It's really hard to understand why, in most aspects of game play and environment creation, TS4 has less options for the player to control the scenario. The game is getting better at this. The team is starting to put smaller things into the player's control, such as self-employment titles and descriptions. Yet, sweeping, more crucial systems are still out of the players' control.

Sometimes, I think it's because something is their own preferrence rather than a coding problem or a performance reason etc. Like not being able to have snow in OS might be a preference to them, such as no dog houses.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sims 2 didn't have dynamic time either -- you traveled to another place then came home a minute or so after you left.

I'd like a way to know what the weather is in another town/world before leaving, just so I don't arrive in the middle of a thunderstorm or blizzard (especially for the festivals). But I think at this point reworking the seasons system where you can set climate is going to be like open world -- ain't happenin'. 🙄 I've actually made Oasis Springs sort of a Palm Springs-instpired world, and plan to have a lot of my celebrities there (Judith Ward is living in a fancy San Myshuno penthouse because I needed her lot in The Pinnacles).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I agree. Having the ability to control weather in other climates would be a treat. I kind of miss that aspect with sims 2 and the blizzards..
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I agree. I would love to be able to make Newcrest a no-rain zone, since it's where most of my community lots are. I am tired of the parks and pools constantly having thunderstorms, but I still want it to rain at home.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Yes, this would be amazing!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    That would be awesome!
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png