Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear EA and Simgurus

Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
edited September 2018 in Off Topic Chat
Dear EA and Simgurus,
I know I'm only in high school and far from ready to get a job, but becoming a simguru is my dream job. I've been playing Sims since I was 11, starting with The Sims 3. I have also played The Sims 4 and a little bit of The Sims 2. I play Sims 3 or Sims 4 almost every weekend and I have made over 2,000 posts to the forums. In addition, I love when the gurus livestream and it almost feels as though I am one of them myself.

I have taken it upon myself to begin learning computer programming. I'm starting with Java Script, but once I'm done I hope to learn C++, which I heard is used for at least The Sims 4. Since I just started, I don't know much, and you may laugh at how little I know compared to you. However, I am still going to show you my portfolio (if you can call it that) as of 9/21/2018. I made these as projects for Khan Academy's Java Script class.

If you sort by recent, my newer projects are at the top while my older ones are at the bottom. I hope the link works!
https://www.khanacademy.org/profile/kaid_346123529248469988426208/projects

Anyways, I hope somebody from the Sims team will see this and, if they would give me feedback, it would make my day! I know I don't have even close to the skills needed to get a job as a simguru, but I hope to see you several years from now! And because I'm not afraid to put myself out there, I'm tagging a bunch of simgurus.

@SimGuruGrant @SimGuruRomeo @SimGuruGnome @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruKate @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruArvin
Sincerely,
Allison

Comments

• SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Hi Simtown15!
    Welcome to the party.

You keep doing you. There's lots of ways into the industry and many different skills that factor in. Passion and enthusiasm for games and how they are made goes a long way. So keep it up!
  • BillieJoXBillieJoX Posts: 23 Member
    I love the fact you got a reply... this makes me so happy :smiley: