March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited February 2019
    60+
    Yea, we oldies need fun to. I agree that if you find something you love doing, then keep it up, why stop because of age. I love painting, reading and coloring books, and was so glad when some one realized that adults love to color also and they came out with adult coloring books. I am our children's church coordinator and love it. Keeps me young. Stand up if your a golden oldie and shout, I love to play the Sims. keep on playing I believe it is good for your brain, keeps you young and creative. Have fun. Glad to see that their are other golden outies out here. :)
    Sims make me happy. they are funny and make me laugh.
    60+
    Simburian wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    I feel like I could be just about everyone's mother or grand mother out here, I am 78 but young at heart and am a great grandmother my oldest great grand child is now 16, My Granddaughter game me the sims when it first came out, I can't believe that I have been playing the Sims for 19 years. I am young at heart and love the Sims. I play other games like, City Skyline, Planet Coaster. No one in my family or friends play the Sims, they listen to me talk about them and I guess they just put up with it. But I am still playing I play both sims 3 and sims 4, sometimes sims 2.

@Evalen I'm just behind you in the age stakes at 76 and I think there's someone in their 80's who's been on the forums in the last year. Why should the young have all the best games? :)

@Simburian Nice to meet another Golden Oldie who plays the sims. I did see the lady who is in her 80's, that is amazing, I hope I continue to play until then. You are right we deserve to play the best games.
    And we have the time to do so. We can play all day and all night if we want. there are many times I have played into the wee hours. You just seem to enjoy them that you forget the time.
    Want time to fly by while waiting to go somewhere, just start playing the sims, but be sure to set your timer or you will be late. LOL. have been there before. Glad to meet you, have fun with your sims.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    60+
    @Evalen and @Simburian God bless you two! I'm 64 and feeling much "younger" thanks to you two! ;)
    60+
    @Evalen and @Simburian God bless you two! I'm 64 and feeling much "younger" thanks to you two! ;)

@luvdasims55 thanks for the good laugh, Your only as young as you feel. Hope your still playing when you reach our age. Have fun with your sims.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Still in my early 20s. I started playing in 2009, when Sims 3 just came out.

It's fascinating to see so many people from mom and grandma's generation here.. I wonder if my mom would enjoy this game.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey folks, I've just removed a few posts from folks getting a bit too specific with how old they are when they're minor.s Just a reminder to please not post your age if you're a minor - and please don't try to work around this by saying things like "between 14 and 17" as we're still getting a bit too specific there.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    In my mid-twenties, started playing the Sims when i was 13
    pw0213q.png?1
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Man, I hope the Sims is still around when I get to 60+...or that computers can handle older games.
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    edited February 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    Starting playing when l was 10. I'm 24 now, so l've been playing a looooooong time :D
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited February 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    DreamySims wrote: »
    Played my first Sims game back in late 2016, when I was 11. I'm currently 13 :)

@DreamySims Please don't reveal your true age if you're under 18. Your comment will be deleted by the forum moderators.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 31. I've been playing since I was 12 :smile:
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    25 next month.
    My first Sims game was Sims 2, but I'm not sure how old I was when I played. :/ I only remember being really obsessed with raising my children and my house falling apart

not like that hasn't changed

Xd
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I am embarrassed to tell anyone that I play Sims, and I did tell them once when I was still playing Sims 3 and they made me feel like I was acting like a child. So I don't tell anyone anymore not going to make me stop playing if I don't want to.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright folks considering Cian has already stated this further up this page I need to reiterate again, if you're a minor please don't be posting your age. Especially when Cian has just said not to. I've just had to remove another couple of posts in here for this immediately after Cians post.
  • DenimmmDenimmm Posts: 1 New Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I'm 55 and glad to see that I'm not the only one :)
  • SimptuousSimptuous Posts: 82 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Thanks for starting this thread! I've always been a bit embarrassed about telling friends that I enjoy playing these games, especially as I'm now in my fifties but it's good to know there are people of all ages here with the same interest. The Sims games have been part of my life since 2000 and I've played them all. Currently playing TS4 on console and completely obsessed with it! I mainly enjoy creating new buildings for my sims to enjoy.
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 31, going on 32. I've been playing since TS1. I still play TS2, TS3, and TS4.
  • IiyonceIiyonce Posts: 32 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 20 and I fell in love with it after playing Urbz. I had to hide all the cutscenes and stuff LOL. I remember saving up my allowance just for a new expansion pack. Now I can splurge as I please :)
  • haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    edited February 2019
    60+
    60+ (I edited my post and it removed my Age Choice box!)

I've loved it from the Sims 1 days right through to Sims 4! :)
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited February 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm in my 20s and I've known Sims since I was around 8 starting with TS1 Complete Collection, TS2, and Sims Bustin Out
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    My mum is 86 and has dementia and although can't play herself loves to watch me play and helps me design houses. I'm sure if she could she would be a simmer and maybe her dementia wouldn't be as advanced as it is. Keep on swimming.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    60+
    Bessieboo wrote: »
    My mum is 86 and has dementia and although can't play herself loves to watch me play and helps me design houses. I'm sure if she could she would be a simmer and maybe her dementia wouldn't be as advanced as it is. Keep on swimming.

It's a pity we don't have 60's and 70's types packs in Sims 4 as you could build rooms she could recognise. In the uk experiments with real specially built '70s type rooms helped those with early Alzheimer's to cope by themselves. I am hoping, as a 76 year old that it helps me too, to keep my mind clear. My poor brother-in-law is the same age as your mum and has Alzheimer's and dwells on past memories.
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Simburian wrote: »
    Bessieboo wrote: »

It's a pity we don't have 60's and 70's types packs in Sims 4 as you could build rooms she could recognise. In the uk experiments with real specially built '70s type rooms helped those with early Alzheimer's to cope by themselves. I am hoping, as a 76 year old that it helps me too, to keep my mind clear. My poor brother-in-law is the same age as your mum and has Alzheimer's and dwells on past memories.

That would be a great idea :)
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I started playing when I was around 13 or so, but that was mostly because our previous computers wouldn’t have been able to handle the game anyway. The computer I mostly used as a child was so old you couldn’t set the year past 1999, it used floppy discs, and obviously didn’t get internet.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited February 2019
    20-39 Years of Age

I first played Sims 1 back when it was released, but ended up skipping 2 and 3 since I was more of a console gamer during their time and my PC wasn't really up to date.
    However, with the release of 4 I got back into Sims and even gave a hand at the other two titles I missed as well, but for some reason I keep going back to 4, guess I just like the style and aesthetic more.
    On another hand it's somewhat sad that I missed out amazing CC for Sims 2 and 3 that can't really be found anywhere today due to dead links.