Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    KataM wrote: »
    Is there any list where all these things are listed? So I dont have to go through over 250 pages :smiley:

No not a list that I know of haven't seen one. These are just things that we have noticed happening as we have been playing our games, reading through them takes quite some time, but once you get to the end you will have learned quite a few things you can look for in your own game. Plus maybe some that others haven't noticed also.

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Did you know that if you purchase fish via the fish tank and click open, even on a public lot, you can actually place the fish in your inventory by clicking the put in inventory option...handy if you have a vampire that needs some plasma packs and can make them but can't go out in the day to get them, and they are actually cheaper, it cost 150 simoleans to fully stock the aquarium and it costs 50 each for a plasma pack, that may help you save money too.
  • AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Just found out we have such a cute and detailed female hairstyle for base game!

6geq1u.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Airakale wrote: »

/snip/

This is the female hair that came with the Day of the Dead update.
  • AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Airakale wrote: »

/snip/

This is the female hair that came with the Day of the Dead update.
    Thx Emma!
    It is...... so cool! I feel that it’s one of the most well-done hairstyle in the game. Wish we could get more like that.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Did you know that when the monster under the bed appears your Sim children may be too scared/excited to sleep but they can still Nap? Also there are Nightlights from Parenthood GP that are supposed to prevent the monster from even appearing. :)
  • LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    @Bearpal64 these nightlights are quite the incentive for me for getting the Parenthood GP, I really do not like the monster under the bed !! It so messes up the energy level of the Simkids.
    Lithilien wrote: »
    @Bearpal64 these nightlights are quite the incentive for me for getting the Parenthood GP, I really do not like the monster under the bed !! It so messes up the energy level of the Simkids.

Honestly out of all the packs for the Sims 4 it was the one I wanted the most (before Seasons was announced that is ) and despite not using everything yet... It is one that changed family life for me so much so that I recommend it highly.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    Lithilien wrote: »

Yup, it was a bit of fun at first, but it soon got frustrating! I usually have a spare room with a double bed in it so I send my kids off to sleep there if it happens too much. I haven't ever had any really decent interactions with the monster, so unless I haven't pursued it enough, the relationship doesn't go anywhere.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I had a SIM child once make friends on her own with the monster, she auto sat down and started telling it a story while her twin would run to wake up their mom upset from it
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    I had a SIM child once make friends on her own with the monster, she auto sat down and started telling it a story while her twin would run to wake up their mom upset from it
    Never had that happen, then I don't have twins. So, sometimes there is interesting interactions.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I had one make friends with it too but it only lasts one night and by the next night she was scared of it again.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    You can turn off the monster under the bed in MCCC, I believe if you have that.
    edited February 2019
    I didn't know that with Laundry Day Stuff some of those actions are autonomous like I was focused on one of the kids and the mom came down the stairs holding the laundry bag and put it in the washing machine. She didn't turn it on though as she went up stairs and went to bed lol.

Another Laundry Day related thing is I didn't know that the machines make a sound when they were done their cycle ^^
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Did they introduce new traits and skills after the patch? My sim just gained the Hero and Everyman trait as well as the persuasion skill... My other sim gained the Greed trait. :astonished:
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Apparently you can extinguish yourself in a shower or pool when your sim is on fire, but I haven't been able ot get them to do it even though the option is there.

Not sure if it's not working or a mod is conflicting with it gotta check and see. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I didn't know that with Laundry Day Stuff some of those actions are autonomous like I was focused on one of the kids and the mom came down the stairs holding the laundry bag and put it in the washing machine. She didn't turn it on though as she went up stairs and went to bed lol.

Another Laundry Day related thing is I didn't know that the machines make a sound when they were done their cycle ^^

Yep~ they'll do it autonomously but they're also like 'nah i'll turn it on later' which they will if another sim doesn't do it for them. I do wonder if neat sims will turn it on automatically or not.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Active sims can quash the tense "not enough activity" moodlet by watching sports on TV.
  • DreamySimsDreamySims Posts: 24 Member
    I didn't know that Pregnant sims can't die :/
    "Depwa Sanewash Depla Blah"
    (You! Yes you! Go away!)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I just found out that when kids are at school or adults are at work you can still click on them and pick options like study hard or slack off or make friends haha! I really had no idea you could do that
    I found out that cooking gourmet meals during a holiday counts towards the "cook 3 gourmet meals in a single event" stage of Master Chef.
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Apparently you can extinguish yourself in a shower or pool when your sim is on fire, but I haven't been able ot get them to do it even though the option is there.

Not sure if it's not working or a mod is conflicting with it gotta check and see. :#

I've had mine go to the shower to extinguish themselves before. I don't have mods, so maybe there is a conflict there.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    DreamySims wrote: »
    They can't age up either, which I find annoying!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    February11 wrote: »
    DreamySims wrote: »
    They can't age up either, which I find annoying!

If you don't mind using mods, MCCC can turn that off so that they age.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top