Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

Page 3313

@Nikkei_Simmer Poor Buckley!
    Wow, homeless Haruo isn't going to have it easy.
    Dang, he's going to need a very good job to make up for the fines.
    I guess the officials are after everyone.

@Emily4331 Nice job on the outfit for Jade!

@LunBeauty They really are. Brittany makes good use of the spells, although I don't show them in the updates much.
    I don't mind the zombies too much, except if my Sims get attacked. Tearing up the garden is what makes me not like them though.
    Andrew is a very decent evil Sim. He's a great father, too.
    I wish they would have made it witches and wizards/warlock but I guess it is just a small detail I can overlook.
    Thankfully, Derek and Brittany are okay with each other after that.
    Derek sometimes has done autonomous interactions with Jacob, and they are good interactions too thankfully.
    Thanks for the comments!

@Silverofdreams30 That's okay, it can be easy to overlook posts, we've probably all done it.
    Thanks for the comments!
    Nice job on Samuel!

@Nindigo The inventing skill is awesome! I've only did a bit with it until recently.

@MemoriiValentine Great update!

@Hejix Me neither, I think if someone woke me up with a megaphone I'd be very angry.
    It kind of is but I found an easy (but long) way of getting the scrap.
    Yeah, she made it to Fire Chief. The rules say she has to stay in most jobs for 4 weeks but once she is at the top, I'm ready to move on so I left one week early to get the inventing done.

@PalmArrow Lol, I wonder why she's wearing a headdress?

@MoonandStars83 Thank you for the comments!
    Great Eaton update!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Charlottesmom Welcome back :smile: I had taken a break the past few days but been playing again earlier :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Charlottesmom , it's so nice to see you again! Adorable winged toddler.

Page 3314

@Hejix Wow, five toddlers is a lot.

@Advarius9001 Great updates!

@Nikkei_Simmer I've always liked how you use the mods to create fines and taxing brackets for your Sims. It is interesting to see what problems it causes them.
    That's a fun thing to do, make stand-in Sims for people who have done you wrong and torture them, lol
    Haruo had a good day at least. I'm glad he didn't get caught going into the rec center.

@Nindigo Great update!

@Mikezumi Cedric's makeover looks great!

@MemoriiValentine Great update!

@PalmArrow Great Tamsin and Stuart update!
    The protest that Brittany does are against unskilled Sims. If successful, it gives the whole family a two day skill boost moodlet.
    It's mostly the shape and the fact it's tail looks like the flag part of one.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you!

@Charlottesmom Welcome back!
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    The save I'm going to return to now is my generational Sunset Valley game, in which I'm playing a legacy family on normal lifespan but not according to Legacy Challenge rules, and the point is to observe the town as new generations are born and family trees become more and more interconnected.

I'm playing the third generation now and the family trees have become very tangled! Luckily, I have made these helpful screenshots with names, and I have sketched the family tree into a notebook I keep on my desk.

These were the founders: Odessa Winchester from Midnight Hollow and Clark Gant from University.
    mhcOoH3.jpg

The second generation. The youngest "natural" sibling, Amelia, was the heiress. (Odetta, Odessa's clone, was younger than Amelia.)
    ipUQZFz.jpg

Amelia married Nathaniel Wan, son of Pauline Wan and Hank Goddard. They have three sons: Raphael, Lloyd and George. Once again I decided the youngest, George, would be the heir.
    wBd8A83.jpg

Jeremy belongs to the third generation too, but was late for the group photo. :)
    XYyvZir.jpg

When Raphael aged up to YA he married his teenage sweetheart Siobhan McGraw and moved away.
    1534nlR.jpg

eOpNJzj.jpg

Lloyd's teenage sweetheart was Rosalind Ansari, but the relationship didn't work out.
    b6lBNG3.jpg

When he aged up to YA, Lloyd made an online dating profile and met Kristina, a recent immigrant into town. (Kristina was created from bin genetics, and part of her genetics come from Tamsin from my Glendonnach save.)
    263Yzn0.jpg

Lloyd and Kristina had a romantic winter wedding under the waterfall, and moved away too.
    99T4659.jpg

Just before I left off, George aged up to teen. He resembles his father Nathaniel Wan more than his brothers do.
    NZ2r1bT.jpg

An Ultimate Sim Update (Part One)

gSMm5Au.jpg
    Brittany has been doing well with her inventing skill. She has invented around 10 or so different things altogether.

l5V2d0Q.jpg
    Later on, the family headed to the Spring Carnival for a family photo then for some dancing. Later in the week, I got a notification that Rebecca and James got Dance Queen and King, respectively.

oGxDlTC.jpg
    Derek didn't do any dancing, he took care of Jacob instead and let him ride the bumblebee spring rider.

R0qtwJk.jpg
    After a day of fun, Brittany grilled out hotdogs and served to the family. They then went home and went to bed.

461KWCv.jpg
    On Friday, Jacob had his birthday party.

SqwMzVC.jpg
    x10njQs.jpg
    Jacob aged up well. All I had to do after these were taken is change his clothes, although he kept the PJ's seen here.

Sk5Zgyh.jpg
    YtRpkFa.jpg
    The family ate the cake together except for Rebecca and Jennifer who were at work. Even the maid ate with them. Brittany decided that she would give Jacob a MultiTab for his birthday, one that belonged to a former family member (Not sure which one).

avtx4v6.jpg
    Rebecca got another promotion, this time to level 3 in the business career.

A2MRKVq.jpg
    Jacob wanted to learn to fish so I sent him over to the river which is in walking distance to the family home. He caught a few fish, including a jellyfish.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited February 2019
    @Brandontaylor Yes. 5 toddlers is a lot... Especially when you try to play meaningfully and you don't want to deal with a grinding mess... Hard to keep the objectives in mind and try to find patterns and emerging personalities and traits in toddlers... I think I'll add some expansions. I started brainstorming about their future too. You have to put more work to make big families fun, but in the end, it's worth it. And I don't want Ari and George to die on my hands without a feeling of closure. I like my Sims to have a meaningful life. Too often my parents in my game ended up being mindless drones... Looking back to the screenshots helps reminiscing and the forum helps planning better! I'm rambling, lol. Thanks for your comments and your support! :smile:

@Charlottesmom Nice wings! Beautiful dad and daughter's picture!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    edited February 2019
    @advarius9001 Another firefighter, yeah! The community thanks you! Beautiful truck! I didn't know you could recolor it!

@palmarrow @silverofdreams30 with 5 toddlers, I'd probably liked my job a lot more... Anything to have some free brain time ;) (well sort of). Until you're overstressed and want to get back to your toddlers. Although an epitath writer sounds like a cool job... If you can write anything you want... Which wouldn't be the case in rl. At least, in videogames, you can be witty about it!

@nikkei_simmer Pretty muscular for someone who is starving... Nice narrative.

@palmarrow Nice horse picture and water landscape!

@memoriivalentine Glowbug of a mother, lol.

@nindigo Cute toddler! "You hurt! Lots of bandaids! We play doctor, no more howie soon!"

@mikezumi That Cedric looks like a vampire in need of blood. That female version looks like a sick woman waiting for an heart transplant. That new version... You'd have better luck with the Grisby. They have amazing noses. ;P

@nindigo Love your Egypt screenshot! All the books from Egypt? Must be quite a heavy bag! Never played her, you make me want to. ;P I just couldn't understand what she was doing with Beau!

@nikkei_simmer Woohooium?!? Lol.

@advarius9001 Nice ballroom gowns for your fairies! Yes, why sims insist on dancing in front of fires? Must be a tribal instinct they kept in their "evolution". ;P
    Post edited by Hejix on

Part Two

5EXykm3.jpg
    So you have to detonate 150 objects, huh? Well, this is my answer, a room for a shower if you blow yourself up and 150 balloons. I just made it very quickly and didn't care what it looked like.

SaJtah8.jpg
    First attempt and she did blow herself up. Luckily I added the shower.

LTkFxF4.jpg
    qJsjBpz.jpg
    Jacob's birthday was also Derek and James. Derek aged up soon after going to bed and James aged up right after work.

zDNdCzj.jpg
    Selling her objects after spending the night detonating got her to level three in the career.

saKODbk.jpg
    While she was busy, the rest of the family went to the diner to eat, except James who was sleeping after work.

EIuT3AY.jpg
    When Brittany went back to detonating, a paparazzi got too close when the balloons exploded. :D Serves her right.

hlgFU78.jpg
    Brittany threw another protest so she'd get the skill boost moodlet.

jpgE4dq.jpg
    I checked back with the family and saw that James went skinny-dipping.

L42tIB6.jpg
    Well, look who came to the protest! It's @CravenLestat 's Sim, Felicity Bishop with her son, Domingo Bishop. Domingo's father is Shark Racket.

531JisH.jpg
    Close behind Felicity was her cat, Mr. Pickles. Adopting Mr. Pickles was the first thing she done since I moved her in.

vdvT0b1.jpg
    On Monday morning, Jacob was late for school so Andrew punished him. Later that day, Derek let him off autonomously.
    Back at work after almost two weeks. Will share in update when I’m back home later :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been stuck with not being able to come here for a few weeks with internet failures and grocery emergencies while we were having cold weather and snow.I also ended up coming down sick at that time and still haven't gotten over it.
    @spongebob -Great pictures!Great update!
    @Hejix -That paper carrier was sent over to deliver the papers and the apocalypse is taking place in Europe with the end of the Turkish wars and the start of the famine following the war.They escaped to the new world to start new lives away from the hardships in a new colony.Great update!
    @Emily4331 -Great pictures!You must have it almost as bad as me with Mods and CC as I started loading up on my own content made in S3OC.It's been slow loading for me and likely for a few others which might be why some of us aren't on as often as we used to be.I've been MIA more lately because our internet started acting up recently.
    @king_of_simcity7 -Great update!I've been given offers I didn't trust and walked away from them as I thought they weren't legit.You should walk if something sounds too good to be true or seems suspect.
    @GraceyManor -I actually play larger worlds like Evermore Falls and celebrities are disabled simply because my town's populations are too small and some things from that part of the game don't fit.I didn't plan on having over 800 Mod files in my game either and would've played without any if the game was playable without them.I started with Mods after getting glitched out saves or having saves getting corrupted by social workers taking children away which is just as bad as deleting sims with TCE.I also got sick of getting Error12's from just having the EA bugfest on.
    @brandontaylor -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @Mikezumi -Great update!
    @Vincent_Vengeance -Great backstory!I play my entire towns and the only changes I ever see if I've not played a family for a season are the house being full of platters of spoiled food and mountains of laundry if I forgot to put the laundry things into storage.
    @LunBeauty -Great update!
    @TinySpaceFox -Great update!Great pictures!It's not what they wanted to do though they had to get it done first as they had things get dirty or break.They also had to be careful about wasting food because it might run low or even run out before spring planting could take place and they might also have a while to wait for another ship with supplies to arrive.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Great update!
    @coco -It's because names aren't what they used to be in the past when boys only got boy's names and girls got girl's names.That was mostly before I was born and it was changing just before I was born.They likely got mixed up like that as children because Eli was a tomboy and still is.
    @MoonandStars83 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @imdragonit -Great update!
    @Charlottesmom -Hi there!I've been away for a few weeks because our internet was failing a lot and I had grocery emergenices in the cold weather.Great picture!
    Here's another update from Logan below.
    Logan,Utah-Under Construction.
    Here's the start of the park's shelter building.
    45796921655_9f569ec79e_c.jpg
    An extension was made to the side.
    45987563494_f419449a63_c.jpg
    Here's the shell of the building finished.
    39747147303_4bcb0a8743_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member

More Feedback tomorrow

@Charlottesmom

Nice to see you pop in
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Victoria went to Al Simhara again and got her VISA level up. Yay! And again she came home with her bags full of all kinds of treasure. But one treasure wasn't added until upon her return though - she is pregnant again :)

I decided to adjust Beau's personality a little according to what I feel would be natural from experiencing a loving wife and becoming a father. So, I have de-villified (is that a word?) him.

Old Beau
    Lifetime Wish: Gold-digger
    Couch potato
    Can't stand art*
    Good sense of humor
    Inappropriate
    Slob

New Beau
    Lifetime Wish: Swimming in cash
    Couch potato
    Good sense of humor
    Inappropriate (but in a good way - reward)
    Natural cook*
    Slob

*Seeing Egypt's beautiful treasures brought home by Victoria and her own artwork has made him develop at least a minimal aesthetic sense. Also, Beau is the house cook - he knows a lot of great foods by now and exactly how to prepare it. And he's got the physique to show for it, too. I'd say it was actually a hidden talent of his that with "nourishment" has finally surfaced ;)

jsFpRZG.jpg
    Happy and growing family, the Andrews of Sunset Valley.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

@Nindigo Nice character evolution. I love thoughful analysis of premades. I spend hours trying to analyze who they are and what they should be doing!
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Hejix wrote: »
    @Nindigo Nice character evolution. I love thoughful analysis of premades. I spend hours trying to analyze who they are and what they should be doing!

Thank you, Hejix. And me too, definitely. It's half the fun for me as I find psychology intriguing. We aren't set in stone either. There is usually room for improvement regardless of age ;)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @TadOlson
    Yeah 800 mods no thank you.Not for me.
    And I don't like bulldozing worlds and building them up.
    That may be okay for you, as that's your play style, but its not for me .
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @GraceyManor: Love your avatar

@Nindigo: Awesome pictures of the Andrews.

@Hejix: Love your avatar

@PalmArrow: Awesome pictures of your sims.

@Charlottesmom: Welcome back. Cute little fairy

@emorrill: Awesome pictures

@MoonandStars83: Awesome pictures

@CravenLestat: Awesome pictures and videos

@Mikezumi: Awesome pictures

@Silverofdreams30: Awesome pictures

@king_of_simcity7: Awesome pictures

@Emily4331: Great conversions

@Brandontaylor: Awesome pictures

@LunBeauty: Awesome pictures

@TadOlson: Awesome pictures

@all: Sorry if I missed anybody. I've been busy with real life. Thanks for letting me read and comment on your stories. I also started a new sim family.
    :) Smile!

I had installed a really nice fantasy world, and it uninstalled and I can't remember whee I got it from! :(
    I had installed a really nice fantasy world, and it uninstalled and I can't remember whee I got it from! :(

@GraceyManor: I'm sorry about that happening. Do you happen to remember the name?

Puddinroy wrote: »

@GraceyManor: I'm sorry about that happening. Do you happen to remember the name?

No, that's the worst part XD
    Puddinroy wrote: »

No, that's the worst part XD

@GraceyManor: Aw. :(

edited February 2019
    @Puddinroy Thanks! I like my avatar as well, makes me chuckle.

@Brandontaylor Andrew looks as if he will slap his son... Tha poor paparazzi should go get checked by a doctor instead of wandering around. :wink: Detonation is kind of the most violent action in sims... Scary... Weird cat fur coloring... Yet interesting. ;)
    @TadOlson Welcome back :smile: Sorry that things have not been going well lately :(

I am still waiting on the money situation from a couple of weeks ago!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Anyway I have just got back from work and survived my first day back. I still have more holiday to use up which would be in April so until then it is business as usual from me.

Taking a break from stories at the moment and want to send some Sims back to University. I have eight Sims selected and one side will hate the other! :D

Some casual updates:

Time to get these Sims skilled up! (Note the mascot is there already)

52605868_10156132521281497_7294310058794418176_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=93ecb26df3b72dbcbb70dfb46ed921bb&oe=5CF9D980

Stacy is going to work in journalism

52583914_10156132521266497_6349140391492583424_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=1823da572b843555f55590d4ded5c415&oe=5CECEF67

Same as Gareth

51924592_10156132521306497_4300698225481875456_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=8debad2adfceb0d435a73c17b8d0c87e&oe=5CEB5811

Anta and Sarah are not going to work but they will still need basic skills

52851315_10156132521746497_2175818981770788864_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=bbf7ce53aca3f9ecb15f7488c6949bbb&oe=5CF987E8

Darwin has a job in the culinary career

52546649_10156132521836497_5237921284163108864_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=8f4ad1a3c78299651d64351f4d5fc9ec&oe=5CE32E16

Warren already has a job so just stays at home watching TV

52516538_10156132521986497_211513000295661568_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=bb058409058159b23c1e38adc776970a&oe=5CDDAD99

This reminds me of The Sims 2!

52258615_10156132522046497_1866242893035864064_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=3cd5f1eb1e7f1c1a1abb937f9f529b9b&oe=5CF0EB04

Stacy works on her writing skill

52082347_10156132522091497_4498774141419126784_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=20c8a8dbab0f56acf412548018e07eef&oe=5CEC0372
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top