Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foodies & drink disappointment

NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
The way the foodie trait works does not make sense. I would like to see the trait revamped so that it only provides a special positive moodlet when a foodie Sim drinks/eats an excellent drink or meal. Because foodie Sims are prone to drink a lot and therefore be uncomfortable a lot which has a negative effect on gameplay. According to me, that is.

A foodie Sim gets uncomfortable drinking:
Drinks of normal quality and cheaper drinks of excellent quality.

A foodie Sim does not get uncomfortable eating:
Foods of normal quality or even cheaper food of normal quality.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Comments

• The_RatticatorThe_Ratticator Posts: 28 Member
    edited February 2019
    I very much agree. This odd quirk of the foodie trait really does not make any sense at all. It gets even worse, though. Even an excellent quality drink isn't usually going to be enough to satisfy foodies. In order for a drink to be considered adequate for a foodie, it has to be prepared by a Sim who has a mixology skill that is greater than level 5. That's right, it doesn't matter if the drink is excellent. It also has to be prepared by a skilled Sim.

And yet, for some reason, the same doesn't apply to food. Food doesn't even have to be excellent quality to satisfy foodies. The chef's skill level doesn't come into play at all.

Again, makes absolutely no sense! Not to mention, foodies keep disappointing themselves by getting drinks from the sink or fridge autonomously, which always gives them a bad moodlet since those drinks are always normal quality. And even then, I definitely agree that normal drinks shouldn't be putting them off this much when normal food doesn't do the same.

Long story short, this trait could definitely afford a revamp. I tend to avoid the trait because, in my personal opinion, it's one of the most annoying traits in the game in its current state.
    Post edited by The_Ratticator on
  • IiyonceIiyonce Posts: 32 Member
    gasp... the sims team giving us a limited amount of traits and then on top of that them not being fully useful? shocker

(i hope this doesn't come off as rude to you i'm just so sick of this rushed game LOL)
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    I very much agree. This odd quirk of the foodie trait really does not make any sense at all. It gets even worse, though. Even an excellent quality drink isn't usually going to be enough to satisfy foodies. In order for a drink to be considered adequate for a foodie, it has to be prepared by a Sim who has a mixology skill that is greater than level 5. That's right, it doesn't matter if the drink is excellent. It also has to be prepared by a skilled Sim.

And yet, for some reason, the same doesn't apply to food. Food doesn't even have to be excellent quality to satisfy foodies. The chef's skill level doesn't come into play at all.

Again, makes absolutely no sense! Not to mention, foodies keep disappointing themselves by getting drinks from the sink or fridge autonomously, which always gives them a bad moodlet since those drinks are always normal quality. And even then, I definitely agree that normal drinks shouldn't be putting them off this much when normal food doesn't do the same.

Long story short, this trait could definitely afford a revamp. I tend to avoid the trait because, in my personal opinion, it's one of the most annoying traits in the game in its current state.

That's how it works??? I found this thread thinking it was a bug or something...

Welp time to make my sim a glutton instead then.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    The trait is definitely in need of some changes, I would be fine if they got stronger bad moodlets for bad quality food inexchange for better moodlets for better dishes. Also I hate the fact they get a bad moodlet for drinking water, it implies that water isn't the best thing ever.
    That's how it works??? I found this thread thinking it was a bug or something...

Careful with that trait. I had a female sim with that trait get pregnant and let me tell you I bought alot of pizza just to satisfy her intense hunger. It was an expensive 3 days
    EMrBkJP.png
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I prefer to play with as few mods as feasible, but Foodie plus Culinary career (which requires skilling up Mixology, which encourages having a home bar) plus Sims' strong attraction to making and drinking bar drinks drove me to seek out and install a tuning mod to prevent autonomous bar use.

Randomly getting glasses of water, orange juice and milk is also problematic for Foodies, but not as intrusive as the auto-mixology was.

I agree, the trait could use some work.
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Vampris wrote: »
    The trait is definitely in need of some changes, I would be fine if they got stronger bad moodlets for bad quality food inexchange for better moodlets for better dishes. Also I hate the fact they get a bad moodlet for drinking water, it implies that water isn't the best thing ever.

Careful with that trait. I had a female sim with that trait get pregnant and let me tell you I bought alot of pizza just to satisfy her intense hunger. It was an expensive 3 days

I tend to not really play family sims or even multiple households on a save (I play console and the game really bugged out when I had two active households in the same apartment building) but thanks for the heads up.