Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I LOVE, Love, love this brief. 25 squares of useable space however one likes on a small, but not tiny lot. A safe haven for a vampire hunter is intriguing as well!
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    A few questions:

Just to clarify, can we do a porch on the building, as long as nothing is actually on the wall?

And I am doing a lifted building(on "stilts"/columns), am I able to use that space to put a parking space and clothes drying area? (not for a washer/dryer, but a clothesline) I don't consider these things as "livable" space, but is it?

CCLSdIE.jpg
  • RosemaryStarRosemaryStar Posts: 43 Member
    I'm interested in the answers that @iampes23 asked as well. I have one question to add. The challenge numbers jumped from 210 to 212 in the banner image. Is challenge 211 being skipped? Or is this 211 and the banner is a mixup.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    So the build challenge is a tiny home for a bad girl that has scared girl inside that bad attitude and may be a vampire hunter? I'm gonna assume she doesn't have many friends or hobbies. Possibly lost her parents to vampires and now hunts them out of fear/anger. Probably where her parents were killed is the reason she doesn't feel safe in large spaces.

I think you nailed it ;)
    iampes23 wrote: »
    A few questions:

Just to clarify, can we do a porch on the building, as long as nothing is actually on the wall?

And I am doing a lifted building(on "stilts"/columns), am I able to use that space to put a parking space and clothes drying area? (not for a washer/dryer, but a clothesline) I don't consider these things as "livable" space, but is it?

CCLSdIE.jpg

The limit is 25 squares of interior space. So you can put anything you like outside as long as its not enclosed by walls.
    I'm interested in the answers that @iampes23 asked as well. I have one question to add. The challenge numbers jumped from 210 to 212 in the banner image. Is challenge 211 being skipped? Or is this 211 and the banner is a mixup.

I went out of order on our challenge line up, so now I need to change the banner as well. Oops :s #111 is the correct number though.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare: so #211, and thanks for the clarification about the outdoors areas!!
  • ElleDaesElleDaes Posts: 72 Member
    Can't believe I did this. It's the first time in months that I've been able to gather the time to work on a build-n-share challenge. So I hopped on, saw the Life After Life challenge and set to work! I was inspired! I love subterranean builds. Got 80% of the way through. And then realized, that was last months. Sigh. Oh well! Still feeling inspired! On to Faith's!
    edited February 2019
    Oops! Sorry you worked so hard on last month's challenge @ElleDaes. You could still share your pics!
    I had fun with this month's challenge as I really love small builds. My upload with pics is here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9284752
    FYI: Mine was 29,999 on a custom 15x15 lot that I placed next to the Frios after bulldozing that 20x30 lot.
  • lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    I haven't been here in ages, sorry for the dump question, but can I enter a Sims4 lot too?
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    lionpaws wrote: »
    I haven't been here in ages, sorry for the dump question, but can I enter a Sims4 lot too?

This one is for Sims 3 builders, but...

There is a separate Build n Share thread at the Sims 4 Creative Corner - The Sims 4 Lots

They have a different challenge at this link https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/769875/build-n-share-challenge-112-seeing-double-due-6th-february-2019[url="http://"][/url]

• KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @ciane, what a clever idea!! Crosses everywhere, roof, windows. No vampires in sight on this lot :)
    edited February 2019
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #211 - Five by Five
    NAME: iampes23
    LINK TO LOT: https://www.mediafire.com/file/58m7tmx3gh38b2b/Faith's_Loft.Sims3Pack/file
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/Uevo1Lg
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: https://www.mediafire.com/file/eetb31w6uj13lnf/Faith_Melinda_Winters.Sims3Pack/file

LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x15, Barnacle Bay, $29,973
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The lot that was here previously was bigger, so it was bull-dozed. Faith's Loft is semi-self-sustainable, with a small garden and a solar panel. The house is lifted up on metal columns to give Faith some protection from things on the ground and to give her the best view of the ocean.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: my own patterns and CC from TSR, including CycloneSue, ArtVitalex, SIMcredible, Wondymoon, Cashcraft,BuffSumm, and others.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    EwRhwCj.jpg
    NHr4A2y.jpg
    Post edited by iampes23 on
    ciane wrote: »
    My upload with pics is here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9284752
    FYI: Mine was 29,999 on a custom 15x15 lot that I placed next to the Frios after bulldozing that 20x30 lot.

It looks awesome!!! Great job!

• lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »
    lionpaws wrote: »

This one is for Sims 3 builders, but...

There is a separate Build n Share thread at the Sims 4 Creative Corner - The Sims 4 Lots

They have a different challenge at this link https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/769875/build-n-share-challenge-112-seeing-double-due-6th-february-2019[url="http://"][/url]

Thank you I'll go and look over there :)
    Did the Santa houses ever get judged? Maybe I missed it...
    @iampes23 - my Sim was employed as a PI too! :D I felt that she was researching possible vamp hang-outs and profiling them! Nice shape to your home!

Hopefully those old results will be posted for you soon.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited February 2019
    NAME: creativemetaphor
    LINK TO LOT: not uploaded
    LINK TO MEDIA: Gotta Have Faith
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: included in above
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:
    Custom placed 10x15 in Midnight Hollow (Near Cemetery)
    Total house size - 24 enclosed squares (12 main floor, 12 second floor)
    Final Cost 27,952

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Few people are okay with living next door to the dead, but Faith seemed not just cool with the idea, she actually said it was the best place to be.

When I looked surprised she said "Quiet. It's ... quiet." I'm not sure but it seemed like that was a convenient explanation after the fact. I still wonder about that glint in her eye when I told her about the old Victorian I had found, and where.

The renovation took no time at all, being so small. New wallpaper, fresh paint, modern appliances (but she made it clear she had no interest in cooking, coffee and a microwave was enough), and a very comfortable apartment on the second floor with bed, bookshelf, and couch. Even a wall-mounted tv. A table on the curtained porch would be lovely in the warmer months to sit and enjoy the.. uh.. scenery.

The small side yard became her exercise and training area, and while she said she was just really into martial arts, I was a little unnerved by all the weapons she decorated with. I liked the mirror on the front porch, though. It seemed a nice touch.

I think Faith will be happy in her very tiny Victorian house. It seems to suit her.

Faith herself is brave, disciplined, perceptive, athletic, and a loner. She likes to wander the cemetery at night. Collecting things, maybe? I think she secretly wants to be a Paranormal Profiteer.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you) n/a
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you) n/a
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you) n/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)

screenshot-4.jpg

Post edited by creativemetaphor on
    Love the name and the pretty Victorian is a great choice. Really nice use of space.
    Thank you! :) I'm just glad I finally got one finished. :mrgreen:
    It's great that there are so many entries and every single one of them look soooo vastly different from each other. Mine looks nothing like yours. I haven't gotten my pictures yet, as the city I built in is currently in the throws of winter. Might have to start a new town and plop 'er down right quick. I'm very excited that I was able to squeeze a build in around my crazy life. I'll upload it soon.
    NAME: Elledaes
    LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9287616
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.facebook.com/pg/ElleDaes/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2249963648577238
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: https://www.facebook.com/pg/ElleDaes/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2249963648577238
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Los Aniegos, Placed, Unaddressed 20x15 Lot, $29,998
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    A 24sqft mini home built for Faith, the Vampire Slayer. 1 Bed/ .5 Bath this shipping container remodel takes tiny living and welcomes it with open arms. Designed especially with our iconic Faith in mind, this grunge inspired mini features roll away walls, a home gym, meditation zone, lounge and outdoor shower. You'll also notice, there is no front door. This isn't that kind of house.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)
    52386882_2249963661910570_1568001785635799040_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=289fb71d2893412bc321c0f3376d13df&oe=5CF83541
    52011276_2249964645243805_6508118902306766848_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=d7d333e173e028a9e141d1b0f52a999c&oe=5CFA4B47
    @ElleDaes This is genius! I love the roll-up door wall to open the whole house up to the covered lounge area, and the full-size bed is awesome in such a tiny house!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Hello! I have a build ready for this month's challenge - all I need to do is talk myself into taking pictures and uploading them.

Just wanted to say how much I love seeing all the different takes on the challenges, both last month and this month so far have had some really interesting builds, and all so different. I have gotten some rec'd and will make sure I get any I have missed sometime soon.

Thanks for the well wishes for my kitty. Things are still not back to normal for him, and I'm not sure if they will be, but he's stronger and doing better than he was for a while. He's a 12-yr-old Maine co*on who has had several health issues over the years, poor guy, but has so far overcome them well. Twelve isn't terribly old for a cat, but he may have pretty well used up his nine lives. The vet said he may have a bladder tumor, which we could have diagnosed but since nothing can be done about it, there's no point in incurring the testing cost. So, we're just enjoying his company while we can and trying to keep him happy and as well as possible for now.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @ElleDaes - interesting use of the curtains to extend that indoor space.

@suzses - I'm really sorry to hear about the sad prognoses for your cat. I do hope you enjoy quality time together. (On another note, I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you did with this month's challenge. I'm still playing with making a less theme-oriented version.)
    @suzses Oh no! Oh what sad news. I hope so much that it isn't a tumor and that whatever is ailing your poor kitty can correct itself. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet. :cry:
  • Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    @suzses i'm so sorry to hear about your cats diagnosis. 12 is still a good age and i'm sure they will appreciate all your devotion, love and care until the time comes to say goodbye. I will be keeping you both in my thoughts 😊

I haven't had chance to make a start on this challenge yet (that's not strictly true, i've had plenty of chances, but I caved and bought TS4 became addicted and am now spending every spare second exploring every EP, GP & SP) It's a challenge i'm looking forward to doing though so I will have my entry in, even if its at the very last second haha
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top