Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I wait another three years?

I have not done a song for a while and this is how I feel at the moment!

Just a fun thread, feel free to sing along if you want :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E73vFDqtXM

Lyrics:

My Sim stands there watching me
As I use a height slider to adjust their body
Look at this Sim
They are not just anybody

They whisper in my ear and tell me their name
Everyone else wants the same
For this to work they have to let go
And release The Sims 5 like so

I can't wait, for The Sims 5 to take me away
I can be, what ever my Sims want me to be
I can' wait, for my Sims to leave me this way
I can see, what ever my Sims want me to see

Take me away, leave me this way

My Sim stands there watching me
As I use a height slider to adjust their body
Look at this Sim
They are not just anybody

They whisper in my ear and tell me their name
Everyone else wants the same
For this to work they have to let go
And release The Sims 5 like so

Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Still have my fingers crossed for height sliders and gradual aging. It'll probably need an advanced animation system so it'll be a long shot, but a guy can hope :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Eh,I'm just playing Minecraft while waiting for Sims 4 to end later this year or early next year. I'm hoping Sims 5 will be more like Sims 1 with multipurpose lots and a horoscope system. Add in the ease of basements from S4 and some stuff from S2,and Sims 5 will be a fun game to play!
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @icmnfrsh I would be interested to see how gradual aging could play out :smile:

@Lady_Ballora Sadly they are trying to drag TS4 out for another couple of years. A big disappointment!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • arielgtheone2bearielgtheone2be Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they packs will keep coming out for TS4 until 2021. Which isn't terrible considering I literally just bought it this past holiday season.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I posted this in another thread but applies to you even more so. Why do you think sims 5 will be better? Anything in life, that a business or company produces, that degrades in quality usually never goes back to being as good as it was and it certainly doesn't get better.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm willing to wait (well occasionally give Sims4 some attention) for the duration of this iteration. However, after this, I'm done. Not interested anymore in some rehashed life simulation (you can only shower, poop, pee, sleep, and eat so many ways). Not interested in sifting through another game launch hoping it's better than this one's was. Not interested in waiting nearly at least 6-7 years (or more) for the game to be fully developed. Not interest in wringing my hands hoping they take care of as many bugs as possible. I'll take what I get out of this one, finally cut loose with a few mods I'm waiting to use, and cruise off into the sunset of Sims.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    edited February 2019
    soko37 wrote: »
    I posted this in another thread but applies to you even more so. Why do you think sims 5 will be better? Anything in life, that a business or company produces, that degrades in quality usually never goes back to being as good as it was and it certainly doesn't get better.

without getting into an onerous and complex response on why, it really has more to do with human psychology (consumer psyche especially) more than anything else. (and specifically certain individuals psyches within a consumer context) as to why SOME people think a hypothetical Sims5 would be "better."
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    > @soko37 said:
    > I posted this in another thread but applies to you even more so. Why do you think sims 5 will be better? Anything in life, that a business or company produces, that degrades in quality usually never goes back to being as good as it was and it certainly doesn't get better.

Yeah, sure. But the thing is, The Sims is a unique franchise and rules its genre. EA just CAN'T allow the franchise's quality to get less than a degree or else competitors will pop up and the franchise will die. Resulting in huge revenue loss for EA which EA HATES.
    I like sims 4. I would like to see more content added. I just wish it was as detailed as sims 2 and as expansive as sims 3. I would be sad and feel very cheated by EA if sims 5 came out now. I put a lot of money and time into sims 4 and quiting now at this stage of development would feel like a waste. It NEEDS to go on for three more years to be worth anything. I'm hoping to feel good about sims 4 at the end of it all.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    This thread isn't really Sims 4 Speculation or Rumors so I have moved it to Off-Topic. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    3 years? Where do you get this number?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @EA_Cian Thanks for finding a place for this thread :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member

"Years". So could be 5-6 years too. :D 3 years is wishful thinking. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

"Years". So could be 5-6 years too. :D 3 years is wishful thinking. LOL.

No, the gurus have actually said three more years before in a tweet. If you care enough you can look it up. Not supplying you with a pic. :)
  • VisleslideVisleslide Posts: 31 Member
    This song brings me back to my party/rave days! Good memories! Thanks for this cool song.