Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Redrusty66Redrusty66 Posts: 6 New Member
    Ok, very annoyed now. So haven't played in a while and decided to check a bit again. Updated my game to 1.49.65 which I knew meant having to update what few mods I use (Just MCCC, Wicked and Better Body), aside from that I've only a few sims and clothes. So I get all done, all mods updated and replaced, game updated yada. Load up my game and all seems to run well. The I noticed my sims no longer had the marriage flag (Same gender only)...why?> because there was no flag anymore. So I began checking the pc, nope nothing in there, back to the sim itself cause I remembered how simple it was as it had not been that long...lol sim MCCC, sim flags, mc pregnancy, flag always same sex. Went and checked the Docs at deadpools and there it is. MCCC > Sim Flags > MC Pregnancy > Flag Always Same Sex...just as I had remembered it. Only it isn't there. Matter of fact NOTHING is there aside from 1 option "no offspring". ( I am using 6.1.0 as it says on the patreon that it IS the current public one now. (As of 11th). Is this known> is something wrong or should I, is it safe, to remove that and go back to 6.0.0? < would that be the better choice. Again, everything works fine, aside from now I only have 1 sim flag (when clicking on a sim) in the sim mc for pregnancy, and that's "No offspring" allowing you to choose yes or no. That's it. No other options are in the flags of that category.
    What I've tried, to no avail. So I tried making a new game with a test sim, moved into world. NO joy. Nothing in pregnancy flags but "No offspring". So I closed game, mccc removed 6.1.0 and downloaded, installed 6.0.0. again, neither game, my old save family nor the new one had any flag in "Sim mc>sim flags > Pregnancy .except "no offspring" Very disconcerning as I really can't play 4 without being able to set their orientation and it worked fine before all the updates. anyone can tell me where it should be or if I'm missing something?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited February 2019
    Redrusty66 wrote: »
    What I've tried, to no avail. So I tried making a new game with a test sim, moved into world. NO joy. Nothing in pregnancy flags but "No offspring". So I closed game, mccc removed 6.1.0 and downloaded, installed 6.0.0. again, neither game, my old save family nor the new one had any flag in "Sim mc>sim flags > Pregnancy .except "no offspring" Very disconcerning as I really can't play 4 without being able to set their orientation and it worked fine before all the updates. anyone can tell me where it should be or if I'm missing something?

Do you have any mods that might be conflicting with MCCC? Try taking them out so you only have MCCC installed and see if that works.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member

Hard to tell. Checked my game and also on Discord support: no known problems with flags using S4 v1.49.65 and MCCC v6.1.0.
    Flags are only available on the Sim's MCCC menu, some depending on circumstances like acitve or non-active sim.

Besides what @loubyloulou already suggested, you might do a folder refresh. But as it seems to be an individual issue I can't tell whether it will change anything. I assume that you already followed all the suggestions of the MCCC trouble shooting wizard.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    I think I figured it out thanks. I am so use to playing 3 and don't play 4 much that going back to it can get a bit confusing...lol Seems that those tag options/choices are only available on sims that are NOT in your active household. I then remembered that to tag my own sims I had to switch households and use another sim to tag my own and switch back if I wanted my own sims to have orientation/marriage tags. At least that was the only way I remember ever doing it now. Very convoluted. So yes, all the tags seem to work correctly and be available IF the sim you are tagging is not in your own household. Now tot try to remember an easy way to switch households without it being so time consuming (in 3 all you have to do is click on the sim and select "make active" with mc to do it) In 4 I think ya have to go all the way to world manage, switch to a household and hope you can get to your sims to tag them before they do something autonomously dumb..lol
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    I think I figured it out thanks. I am so use to playing 3 and don't play 4 much that going back to it can get a bit confusing...lol Seems that those tag options/choices are only available on sims that are NOT in your active household. I then remembered that to tag my own sims I had to switch households and use another sim to tag my own and switch back if I wanted my own sims to have orientation/marriage tags. At least that was the only way I remember ever doing it now. Very convoluted. So yes, all the tags seem to work correctly and be available IF the sim you are tagging is not in your own household. Now tot try to remember an easy way to switch households without it being so time consuming (in 3 all you have to do is click on the sim and select "make active" with mc to do it) In 4 I think ya have to go all the way to world manage, switch to a household and hope you can get to your sims to tag them before they do something autonomously dumb..lol

Try pausing before you switch households too. Less chance of them doing something you don't want them doing that way.
    image.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    is on the two sims can't be related and yet Enforce Family" is on , but does that only apply to siblings/parents or first cousins? That second cousins, etc are allowed?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Is there a way to set a sim's romantic preferences (same sex/opposite sex) with MCCC?
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    edited February 2019
    SimTresa wrote: »

Try pausing before you switch households too. Less chance of them doing something you don't want them doing that way.

If you have it set to start the game paused/load into a lot paused and never actually hit the unpause button, they shouldn't do anything at all before you can switch back. They'll probably still load up outside the lot when you go back to them, but they shouldn't have done anything you don't want them to do while you were switched. There's a setting for it in MCCC.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    edited February 2019
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    Is there a way to set a sim's romantic preferences (same sex/opposite sex) with MCCC?

You might use the MC flags from the sim's menu for this:
    MCCC > Sim Flags > MC Pregnancy > Flag Always Opposite Sex
    MCCC > Sim Flags > MC Pregnancy > Flag Always Same Sex

There is a hidden EA setting in the game called "Gender Preference" with a range from 0 to 100 for both male and female, but this cannnot changed with MCCC. There are mods, which can change these values, i. e. from Scumbumbo on MTS.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    is on the two sims can't be related and yet Enforce Family" is on , but does that only apply to siblings/parents or first cousins? That second cousins, etc are allowed?

Sorry, I don't understand your question. You might come over to Discord to discuss this with us in MCCC general support.

Use this invitation: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed.
    edited February 2019
    Bonxie wrote: »

Sorry, I don't understand your question. You might come over to Discord to discuss this with us in MCCC general support.

How distantly (or closely) related does two family members have to be for the option for "Enforce Family" to not work if the "Enforce Family" is on . According to the documentation on the MC website says "related sims can't get pregnant by someone in their family"?

Does the "Related family" only apply to Mom/son father/daughter brother/sister and first cousins? Anyone below first cousins are "allowed"?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

How distantly (or closely) related does two family members have to be for the option for "Enforce Family" to not work if the "Enforce Family" is on . According to the documentation on the MC website says "related sims can't get pregnant by someone in their family"?

Does the "Related family" only apply to Mom/son father/daughter brother/sister and first cousins? Anyone below first cousins are "allowed"?

I would guess that if the game doesn't recognise them as being related (so anything beyond first cousins), then MCCC also won't, for the purposes of 'enforce family'.
    edited February 2019

I would guess that if the game doesn't recognise them as being related (so anything beyond first cousins), then MCCC also won't, for the purposes of 'enforce family'.

wish they could be more specifically in the documentation
    6adMCGP.gif

There is a hidden EA setting in the game called "Gender Preference" with a range from 0 to 100 for both male and female, but this cannnot changed with MCCC. There are mods, which can change these values, i. e. from Scumbumbo on MTS.

AH! Thank you. I missed it somehow. And thanks for the heads up on gender preference. I'll check out MTS.
    moxiegraphix on Origin

AH! Thank you. I missed it somehow. And thanks for the heads up on gender preference. I'll check out MTS.

This one: http://modthesims.info/d/543228
    edited February 2019

wish they could be more specifically in the documentation

As @loubyloulou already said, it's limited to the game restrictions.

As far as I know, these are the recoginzed relatives in Sims 4:
    • Ancestor
    • Great-Grandparent
    • Great-Grandchild
    • Grandparent
    • Grandchild
    • Aunt/Uncle (the siblings-in-law of a Sim's parents are not counted)
    • Niece/Nephew
    • Parent
    • Child
    • Sibling (labels half siblings as just 'brother' or 'sister')
    • Cousin (first cousins only)
    • Step-Parent
    • Step-Child
    • Step-Sibling
    • Descendant
    MCCC doesn't add any other family relationship besides those mentioned.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    My sim kids have great grandparents & all the relationship says is “friends “. And the same on the great grandparents side. ☹️
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    My sim kids have great grandparents & all the relationship says is “friends “. And the same on the great grandparents side. ☹️

great grandparents have never been recognized by any of the games that i remember anyway.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Destin2016 wrote: »

I don't think any of mine have ever met a great-grandparent, but I do play either rotationally or on normal lifespan, which makes that less likely to happen.
    image.png
  • LynnetLynnet Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello! :)

I'm a very casual Sims player and read somewhere that I can make it so that even though my Sims don't age, my babies and toddlers will automatically grow up.

Thought I could figure it out but this mod turns out to be a lot more complicated than I thought, I don't really know much about how the Sims REALLY works and the fact that English is not my first language doesn't particularly help either..

So, does anyone know how I go about this? Is it even a thing?
    Thanks in advance.
    edited February 2019
    Lynnet wrote: »
    Hello! :)

I'm a very casual Sims player and read somewhere that I can make it so that even though my Sims don't age, my babies and toddlers will automatically grow up.

Thought I could figure it out but this mod turns out to be a lot more complicated than I thought, I don't really know much about how the Sims REALLY works and the fact that English is not my first language doesn't particularly help either..

So, does anyone know how I go about this? Is it even a thing?
    Thanks in advance.

If you disabled aging in the game options, there won't be no progress in age and therefore also no aging up to the next life stage. You might manually age up your babies and toddlers. Afaik there also isn't such a function in MCCC. You can have long, standard and short life stages with MCCC, but this function also depends on the aging progress from the game options.

Only exception are vampires who stop aging after being grown up. That's an EA feature but can be altered with MCCC.

There is also a flag for no aging in the sim MCCC menu which overrules the game setting.

What's your language? We have MCCC support for different languages like French, Spain, Russian, Korean and more on our MCCC Discord server.

Use this invitation if you want to check it out: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed.
  • LynnetLynnet Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you for answering.

I guess I was misinformed, in that case. Guess I'll just play with aging off and use the cake then.

There's so much the mod can do though, that could possibly by interesting, but it's really abracadabra to me.
    My language is Dutch. Do you happen to know if there is a Dutch guide available?
  • AJPAJP Posts: 3 New Member
    i got an error message from MCCC stating mccc has a bad file or something like that. lastexception.com
    Lynnet wrote: »
    Thank you for answering.

I guess I was misinformed, in that case. Guess I'll just play with aging off and use the cake then.

There's so much the mod can do though, that could possibly by interesting, but it's really abracadabra to me.
    My language is Dutch. Do you happen to know if there is a Dutch guide available?

We have Dutch interpreters on Discord.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top