Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A third Expansion pack in a row

You know what would be crazy? If we got another EXPANSION after Get Famous and Seasons.
They did say they changed up their production. Maybe they now once again have 2 EP production teams like during the Sims 3 era to simultaneously develop EPs.
Meaning that the team that developed Seasons is about to finish another EP, while the other team just released Get Famous.

Besides that we got these dubious voice actor recordings for future content...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f-I7HINcY6A
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• Options
    SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    I'm not really that confident about seeing a third expansion pack in a row. You see, based on the simlish voice clippings if we were to get a third EP in a row it would be either a tropical pack or a Witches (not Supernatural) EP. Both of them being unlikely to be prioritized against something like University.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wouldn't consider GF as an expansion. It was a GP sold at EP prices. But I think you could be right, they probably have something of GP size they are going to pass off as another EP.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    A tropical pack would be nice, maybe with some nice lots to choose from, have trees made to hold homes.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I wouldn't consider GF as an expansion. It was a GP sold at EP prices. But I think you could be right, they probably have something of GP size they are going to pass off as another EP.

Believe it or not, Get Famous really is an expansion pack. Meaning it isn't a GP-turned-EP as these type of stuff never happen at EAxis (according to SimGuruGrant). It just happens to have the size of a GP because the pack was rushed. EAxis does like to do cash grabs but selling a GP as an EP is not how cash grabs are done.
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    @SinaMegapolis Given that witches/magic has been present in every Sims series to date, and also given the distinct lack of supernaturals in TS4, as well as the constant requests for witches and more supernaturals, I would be extremely hard pressed to make the claim that a university pack would take immediate priority over a witches/magic pack.

You also have to look at the past year or so in terms of the content packs. The past two EPs have been Seasons and Get Famous, and both of them are "normal" and everyday life content packs, neither breaking the boundaries into territory that in theory isn't achievable in real, everyday life. Then the other packs last year were also in this same vein, where none of them were predominantly supernatural (even though some had splashes, like Jungle Adventure). Either way, the point I'm making is that there hasn't been a dedicated supernatural themed pack since Vampires, whereas we've had tons of packs for other parts of daily life. It's been well over a year since Vampires, so I would honestly say that a new supernatural pack should take priority over other packs.
  • Options
    @TheGreatGorlon I'm not saying that University always takes priority against Witches, I'm saying that a University EP always takes priority against a (only) Witches EP. Sure EAxis may as well do a Witches GP first but that case doesn't apply here. And i don't see EAxis making an Expansion Pack dedicated only to Witches unless we don't see Witches as Occults but rather as People who have a skill in dwelling with magic.
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    @SinaMegapolis If you're talking about EPs, then yes, I wouldn't expect Witches to be a fully fleshed out EP, and I would agree that University would take priority. I thought you were saying a University EP would take priority over a Witches GP.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Well Kate's statement a while ago implied that they aren't working on any GPs or SPs, so a third EP in a row doesn't seem too odd. And I feel that if we were getting anything other than an EP, we would have heard about it by now. If nothing is announced by the end of this month, my bet is that the next pack will be another EP.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2019
    @SinaMegapolis If you're talking about EPs, then yes, I wouldn't expect Witches to be a fully fleshed out EP, and I would agree that University would take priority. I thought you were saying a University EP would take priority over a Witches GP.

They could release Witches alongside Werewolves and Fairies, all three popular life states. And add a new creepy forest world for them. That would be enough for an EP, especially if they fully fledge them out.
    I honestly don't think they are going to release a GP for every life state, so a Supernatural EP would be possible.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options

They could release Witches alongside Werewolves and Fairies, all three popular life states. And add a new creepy forest world for them. That would be enough for an EP, especially if they fully fledge them out.
    I honestly don't think they are going to release a GP for every life state, so a Supernatural EP would be possible.

Yes. A Supernatural EP is totally possible. (and honestly the only pack i want now after University and another Vacation pack) What i was saying was that i don't see a Witches EP likely to happen.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited February 2019
    I hope its a true vacation expansionpack no new lifestate unless they include toggles to turn them off ingame less supernaturals more realisim is needed in my opinion
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    I hope its a true vacation expansion pack. No new lifestate unless they include toggles to turn them off in game. Less supernaturals and more realism is needed in my opinion

Every pack we got since The Vampires GP was more or less realistic. Occult players are long overdue for new Occult content. and no, things like Patchy the scarecrow and Monster under the bed don't count as occults.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I hope its a true vacation expansion pack. No new lifestate unless they include toggles to turn them off in game. Less supernaturals and more realism is needed in my opinion

Every pack we got since The Vampires GP was more or less realistic. Occult players are long overdue for new Occult content. and no, things like Patchy the scarecrow and Monster under the bed don't count as occults.

Yeah, the closest we got were the Skeletons in Jungle Adventure, but they were not playable (missed opportunity).
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Believe it or not, Get Famous really is an expansion pack. Meaning it isn't a GP-turned-EP as these type of stuff never happen at EAxis (according to SimGuruGrant). It just happens to have the size of a GP because the pack was rushed. EAxis does like to do cash grabs but selling a GP as an EP is not how cash grabs are done.

There is a lot more to GF than people believe -- much of it is "under the hood" though, like the dual Fame and Reputation systems. You've also got all the sets, the costumes, the interactions especially for the acting, and such. Sure, they're not as flashy as a huge new world but all those items do cost money in terms of design and production.

As for the original topic, SimGuruKate's on Twitter made a point that SPs and GPs are still A Thing -- it's possible they've been re-evaluating SP themes after the poor reception of MFP (I personally like the pack, particularly the small animals, but I can see where players would be upset at having to pay for C&D content especially if they don't own that pack). I think the next pack (looking more like March, maybe before the end of the FY) might be a smaller pack like an SP or a GP.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    I think if we were getting a smaller pack, we would have heard about it by now. My guess is that we're getting a witches Expansion that includes royalty. I just think it would sell more than a GP with only witches, because many players don't want occults. I think the voice recordings sound like spells being cast on people, and I also watched The Sim Supply's recent video with the devs, where they talk about The Sims Midieval in a way that makes me think it's coming to TS4.

I also agree with others that the recent screenshot released before the last Maxis Monthly hints at University (whether or not it's been used before). It's possible University will come first, but I think it makes more sense that Uni would come out in October during back-to-school time and Witches will come first, because - as many have already said - we haven't seen fleshed out supernaturals in quite some time.

The other reason I think we'll see witches with royalty (or some other more "realistic" addition) as an Expansion is that many of the devs have said that what they're currently working on is "supes cool fam" and some of their favorite content that they've worked on. This might just be hype, but I think it's more likely that we're going to see another Expansion with *new* content that hasn't really been seen in past iterations of The Sims (or has been done in a very different way like The Sims Medieval).
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    @ctthomas Witches and Royals definitely DON’T go together at all and wouldn’t make sense in a pack together js 🤷‍♀️

Also please remember that not EVERYONE wants Witches and/or supernaturals.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    edited February 2019
    ctthomas wrote: »
    I think it's more likely that we're going to see another Expansion with *new* content that hasn't really been seen in past iterations of The Sims

Like a Farming Expansion with farm animals and country living for example :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    @AquaGamer1212 They actually do go together. Think Rapunzel, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty. Even the three witches from Shakespeare's Macbeth. Lots of witch stories revolve around royalty. Now I think it depends on what story you're trying to portray in your game, but there is definitely a strong pop culture link there. If you want to include wizards, there's also Merlin and King Arthur.

I'm aware that not everyone wants supernaturals. I personally don't want supernaturals, which is exactly why I think they'll do it this way. They will sell more copies if they pair a supernatural with a concept that a broader audience would enjoy.
  • Options
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant I would LOVE a farming EP. I don't think it's coming yet, though. Maybe if we give it some time and ask enough...
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    ctthomas wrote: »
    @AquaGamer1212 They actually do go together. Think Rapunzel, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty. Even the three witches from Shakespeare's Macbeth. Lots of witch stories revolve around royalty. Now I think it depends on what story you're trying to portray in your game, but there is definitely a strong pop culture link there. If you want to include wizards, there's also Merlin and King Arthur.

I'm aware that not everyone wants supernaturals. I personally don't want supernaturals, which is exactly why I think they'll do it this way. They will sell more copies if they pair a supernatural with a concept that a broader audience would enjoy.

As much as I would love some medieval themes in the game, I don't see how they would really fit the modern theme of the Sims 4. Maybe as a Renascence fair, but people want actual magical witches which would't make sense in that setting.

As for what the next pack might be, remember Grant described this year as "surprising"

Could be anything.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope its a true vacation expansionpack no new lifestate unless they include toggles to turn them off ingame less supernaturals more realisim is needed in my opinion

This.

I want an Island Paradise EP first.
  • Options
    SummerXOSummerXO Posts: 3 New Member
    We want University!! A mashup of the TS2 and TS3 University games would be brilliant.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SummerXO wrote: »
    We want University!! A mashup of the TS2 and TS3 University games would be brilliant.

More likely that will be coming during the holiday season in Nov.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Well we're due with something supernatural?The next expansion could be either university or supernatural. I do think were getting a gamepack next .
  • Options
    Well we're due with something supernatural?The next expansion could be either university or supernatural. I do think were getting a gamepack next .

A Supernatural expansion would be awesome.
    We could get Supernatural in Spring or Summer 2019 and University in October 2019, just at the start of the semester!
    a256aFi.gif