Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Silly Question, Where is the EyeDropper?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
Ikr, lol. When in buy mode I can't seem to find the eye dropper or 'copy' tool like in the other games. I could have sworn TSM has one, to help me not have to search for duplicate lighting fixtures or chairs etc. It sure slows down redecorating since I can't find it. Thought I would replay some ambitions recently and need that eye dropper/copy tool.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited February 2019
    In Buy Mode, you'll see the tools on a skinny left hand panel -- you have to be in an editable area like inside a hero's building.

On that panel is a Create a Style mode in the left hand UI, just open that style editor and if there is a pattern/texture/color you want to reuse, drag the squarish block of color/pattern from the sample (in the color wheel box) of another object. There is no dropper tool, so just drag from the color wheel of a different object or pattern/texture in your game.

Below the Create a Style icon there is also a rubber stamp... so if you made a custom bed for example, use the stamp to duplicate that bed. You can also add customized styles to your game so you can reuse them by adding them to the style folder on the top left in buy mode of a specific object.

Hope that helps! Have a blast with your replay; it's such a lovely game! :heart:
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    You can also use "E" as a hotkey to instantly switch to the eye dropper.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I will go look again which I'm sure you guys are right. Maybe I was in furnish mode while adding a new building...because those tools aren't there when adding a new building. I'll try that E short cut while in a live lot, to see if I can find that stamp or Create a style features.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited February 2019
    Looks like the above have you covered - I posted before reading the thread. Happy Simming!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    LOL, Thank you everyone, I don't know why I just didn't see the bar on the side with the stamp and create a style thingy. lol, I may need to focus more than staring at screen. lol