Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't find the Lunar New Year stuff in game

I updated the game, and restarted it so mods work. But the new clothes don't show up. Even though hovering over the sections says there are new items to be had.
It might help to have images of the new stuff.
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited February 2019
    like the other times new clothing was added to the base game, they're not flagged as 'new' so you can't easily check that way. however, since they're newer than typical base game clothing, they'll be found higher up in each list, surrounded by clothing from whatever packs you've got. still tends to take a fair bit of scrolling, but knowing that helps make them easier to find

also, note that they're often not flagged for outfit sections like formal, party, hot, cold. so if you want them for those categories, you have to remove the category name from the search criteria

the male top can be found in the 'jackets' section, if you've got seasons, it's amidst jackets from there:
    bd4e0875aa966ba4948935c4fc222391.png

the adult dresses are both short dresses, so can be found in that section, right behind a dine out dress (if you don't have that but do have get famous, behind a set of dresses from that pack)
    7a105bd44e4317108efdc3f71e998848.png

earrings are fan-shaped and right next to the snowmen from seasons if you have that pack
    75e076a3274ae6bcf2fde7ef51e6fc10.png

the necklace can be found between one from get to work and the first of the luxury party ones
    6aebf95992b725758f7c23aa60295e5a.png

children's clothing is in similar locations:

the boy's jacket is in the jackets section, right after a few from get famous:
    1134f3e35131c14d2d77c0046dfdb092.png

girl's dress is also a short dress, found after one from dine out (or if you don't have that, get together)
    f84c9abf5bf25bfe7ca059632cf0435e.png

the necklace for kids is flagged as feminine, but this is it when you find it:
    248da28711c1b779ff0e9de3b16c9467.png

for toddlers:

the dress is either the second to last (if you have get to work) or very last option in the full body category:
    bff46e12e829fef7d1f6d6f01910c276.png

and the top is the very last option, even if you have all packs
    19262f3e598a0723e7ce827cd62f5877.png

and finally, just in case, the toddler hairstyle is the second to last option, next to the buzzed style:
    a5149588b028bad9a491e29cab4f1b3e.png

• mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    like the other times new clothing was added to the base game, they're not flagged as 'new' so you can't easily check that way. however, since they're newer than typical base game clothing, they'll be found higher up in each list, surrounded by clothing from whatever packs you've got. still tends to take a fair bit of scrolling, but knowing that helps make them easier to find

also, note that they're often not flagged for outfit sections like formal, party, hot, cold. so if you want them for those categories, you have to remove the category name from the search criteria

the male top can be found in the 'jackets' section, if you've got seasons, it's amidst jackets from there:
    bd4e0875aa966ba4948935c4fc222391.png

the adult dresses are both short dresses, so can be found in that section, right behind a dine out dress (if you don't have that but do have get famous, behind a set of dresses from that pack)
    7a105bd44e4317108efdc3f71e998848.png

earrings are fan-shaped and right next to the snowmen from seasons if you have that pack
    75e076a3274ae6bcf2fde7ef51e6fc10.png

the necklace can be found between one from get to work and the first of the luxury party ones
    6aebf95992b725758f7c23aa60295e5a.png

children's clothing is in similar locations:

the boy's jacket is in the jackets section, right after a few from get famous:
    1134f3e35131c14d2d77c0046dfdb092.png

girl's dress is also a short dress, found after one from dine out (or if you don't have that, get together)
    f84c9abf5bf25bfe7ca059632cf0435e.png

the necklace for kids is flagged as feminine, but this is it when you find it:
    248da28711c1b779ff0e9de3b16c9467.png

for toddlers:

the dress is either the second to last (if you have get to work) or very last option in the full body category:
    bff46e12e829fef7d1f6d6f01910c276.png

and the top is the very last option, even if you have all packs
    19262f3e598a0723e7ce827cd62f5877.png

and finally, just in case, the toddler hairstyle is the second to last option, next to the buzzed style:
    a5149588b028bad9a491e29cab4f1b3e.png

Lifesaver
    Oh hamburgers!
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I can't find the house that I thought they said was going to be in the gallery. I found the family, however.
    @TravisBlackfox the house is in the gallery (and has been since october, actually). it's not a maxis build, but something they found on the gallery:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955173/zhao-family-lot-feb-maxis-monthly (this simmer has a series of houses and households based on real world cultures, maxis picked the chinese house and replaced a few items with the lunar new year decor)
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    But i do love second dress sheer neck with red print at chest now my sims are wearing and male top is nice too.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    I also update my game and can't find the Lunar new year items
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
    if you're not seeing either the cas items like the thumbnails listed above, make sure you're not still using any outdated mods, especially ui mods (remember, any game update is likely to mess with mods)

also may want to try a 'repair game' since some people say that's worked for them
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Gosh, am I the only player who hasn't taken the time to check out this new stuff? Busy playing the game, I guess. But, thanks for the tips.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    this new stuff actually helps me with playing the game. i've got a chinese vampire and several chinese and chinese-american households that the clothing was perfect for, as well as a few korean sims some would look nice with and some american/european sims absolutely in love with anything asian that would wear the tops, at least, in a heartbeat

plus the new build mode items helped me get off my butt and redo my pan-asian restaurant that had been obsolete ever since seasons was introduced (other than the kitchen and bathrooms, the whole restaurant was outside). now it's very much got a chinese restaurant feel, but still serves all the asian foods from city living, the new lunar new year dishes, and other items that would fit (including indian recipes)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've been working on converting the build used in the MM stream into an Asian restaurant; the living room is the main dining room with some smaller tables, across the hall is the bar, and the bedrooms I've converted to private dining rooms for family dinners.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Watching a video on YouTube going through all the Chinese New Yea stuff added in the update. My game has two new items, that's it. Where's all the stuff in the video???

It's this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lFndfl1FME&t=301s
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    edited February 2019
    It's all base game stuff. Try filtering base game in buy/cas mode. The recipes are easy to find though. This is why they need to introduce a way to tag patch items.
  • AikeikoAikeiko Posts: 158 Member
    I patched my game days ago, and I've still yet to see any of the Lunar New Year items =(. I don't use mods in my game, I hardly ever use cheats unless I have to, which is extremely rare. Anyone else having this issue?
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Have you checked CAS through and through? I'm pretty sure they don't show up as "new" items like items that come with packs do, so they can be a bit hard to find. If you REALLY can't find them, I'd suggest checking Origin to make sure you've really updated.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • AikeikoAikeiko Posts: 158 Member
    That was it! I was thinking they would pop up as new like most other new items.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    For the Buy items, you can filter for Base Game then use rge search term “moon” and get the list of items; all of them have “moon” in the item title.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)