Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangetown or Veronaville

keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
I always end up playing Pleasantview because I love all the drama but I want to try another neighborhood. I am having a hard time deciding between Strangetown and Veronaville. If you vote for Strangetown, do you keep the weather summer all the time??

Strangetown or Veronaville 59 votes

Strangetown
59%
BluegayleLaBlue0314KariussaNadja55MagdaleenaRadioAChickenElokazagboorulesMsMidolUSAsikasika18duhboy2u2AceOfKnavesThe13thOneKurotardNinja-Dan22Sigzy05luxsylvanInternal_ChaossimsclutterMsReid113 35 votes
Veronaville
40%
Rflong7WedlxsrenickTheGreatGorlonSeabryzeJodieOddie97ClassicalSimLukeNathalieannaliese39M13VulpeculaCXonor13BridgetKVVines12EricasFreePlaysimlotteBusufudelicadomunroeleLaneBoy1995WildIrishBanshee 24 votes

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Veronaville
    Veronaville - that's Shakespear's town!
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    Veronaville
    I love the Tudor style of Veronaville. But if you do end up deciding to play Strangetown, I usually delete winter so that there only spring, summer, and autumn.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Thanks guys for the votes so far. I am going to let it run a day or two before I make a decision. @BridgetKV Thanks for the weather suggestion.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    Strangetown
    Strangetown because its just so dang strange. And yes I keep it as desert as possible. Although as it is strange then you could have it set any way you want. As I have been doing an Apocalypse Challenge I have had it set on all winter.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Veronaville
    I've didn't play much in Veronaville.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Veronaville
    Veronaville - my alltime go-to neighborhood. :) Especially interesting if you let the feud continue on. ;)
    Banner.png
  • Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    edited February 2019
    Veronaville
    I love Veronaville! I always switch between Veronaville and Pleasantview. I never played Strangetown much because I don't find it aesthetically pleasing. I usually set the season to summer or spring.
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    Veronaville
    Veronaville was my favourite town in Sims 2, I loved the Shakespeare theme and family drama!
  • PleasantSimsPleasantSims Posts: 32 Member
    Strangetown
    I like Strangetown the best after Pleasantview. I love the storyline and the Sims. I allow four seasons when I play. I live in the high desert and we have four seasons, so I don't feel it's unrealistic. I have rarely played Veronaville because I don't care for the Shakespearean theme, but that's just a personal preference.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Strangetown
    I love love love the architecture and Shakespeare theme of veronaville, but Strangetown will just always have a strange little place in my heart. I love the weird alien area 51 vibes and the crazy families...the Smiths, Spectres, Nervous Subject, the three brothers (can't remember their name rn for whatever reason but I blame lack of sleep). There are just so many different ways Strangetown can be played. I generally kept the weather desert-y and took winter out.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hmm...can't decide. Things were better when I played an uberhood, but everything went squirrely after I changed my vid card when some houses I had dl'd years ago seem to have caused some corruption and I ditched my save.

I like the look and feel of Veronaville, but I am forced to do something I don't normally do - marry townies. Can't have inbreeding!
    I actually like some of the families less in Strangetown than I do in Veronaville, but there is a larger gene pool. That's also the hood that Aliens fit the best in. Even though TS2 Aliens don't do anything special, they are my favorite version.

*I have my Strangetown seasons set as Summer, Summer, Fall, Winter. Spring seems to be the season that I simply can't justify there.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    wooo Veronaville is winning I am a little surprised..lol. Thanks all for your participation I was really having a hard time deciding. I am ending the poll tomorrow to allow for more votes. @Anmirla if Strangetown somehow makes a crazy comeback I think I am going with your weather idea. Summer summer fall winter.
    Thanks all for the VOTES :) Veronaville wins and that is where I will be starting my new game.
    Guys :(

With the recent announcement for sims 4, it made me want to play Strangetown more especially since it is very likely I am not picking up the gamepack until a sale.

I think I am swapping to Strangetown :o
  • Keasa123WoodKeasa123Wood Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm glad you're switching over to Strangetown! My favorite hood has always been that one and with the new Strangerville pack I've been remaking everyone in the Sims 4. It's a real weird little town, you won't regret playing it!
  • Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    Veronaville
    Hecate90 wrote: »
    I love Veronaville! I always switch between Veronaville and Pleasantview. I never played Strangetown much because I don't find it aesthetically pleasing. I usually set the season to summer or spring.

Okay I just need to update and say I played Strangetown for the past 4 days and omg I really enjoyed it! I've been making alien families and the alien babies are so cute. I still prefer Veronaville but I'm glad I eventually gave Strangetown a chance.

Okay I just need to update and say I played Strangetown for the past 4 days and omg I really enjoyed it! I've been making alien families and the alien babies are so cute. I still prefer Veronaville but I'm glad I eventually gave Strangetown a chance.

LOL YAY and I have been having fun there too. I never really played the with aliens much in sims 2. It has been loads of fun these past few days. I am still trying to get to know the premades there. I know the Pleasantview sims so well, it is so weird starting somewhere else and having to get to know these sims. The Grunt boys were fighting non-stop which was hilarious. It reminded me of Lilith and Angela Pleasant. One of the Curious brothers had an alien baby and the other is pregnant by an alien...lol The last brother is dating a human but he may have an alien baby too at some point. Nervous moved out but I think he is going back with his mother and have a happy life unless a ghost scares him to death. Maybe when Olive dies I will send all the gravestones to the new created graveyard.

Anyways I have been enjoying my time there. I will be playing veronaville as well soon...LOL
  • ElokaEloka Posts: 184 Member
    Strangetown
    I like both, but strangetown just has something about it.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Strangetown
    Veronaville is probably the base game town I’ve spent the least amount of time in.