Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Night Ultimate Werewolf

ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
edited February 2019 in Off Topic Chat
Round 2 signups are open

Introduction
In One Night Ultimate Werewolf, each player takes on the role of a Villager, a Werewolf, or a special character. It’s your job to figure out who the Werewolves are and to kill at least one of them in order to win...unless you’ve become a Werewolf yourself!

Night Phase
There are several roles that are called on at night to do a night action, they will do this by sending their action to me through their role PM. However, players with a Villager, Tanner, or Hunter card never wake up at night.

Day Phase
After the night phase, players discuss amongst themselves who they believe the Werewolves are. All players may say anything. Werewolves might want to claim to be a different role so that they don’t die. Because certain roles change other players’ cards, some players will believe they are one role, when they are actually a different one. After the night phase, your role is the card that is currently in front of you, which may be different than your original role. No one but the Insomniac will be told what their role is when day comes around

Players may vote for each other at any point by saying Vote: Jello or VOTE: JELLY through PM. After just one night and one day the player(s) with the most votes will be lynched.
The village team wins if:
1) If at least one Werewolf dies. Even if one or more players who are not Werewolves die in addition to a Werewolf dying, everyone on the village team wins.
2) If no one is a Werewolf and no one dies. It is possible for no one to be a Werewolf if all Werewolf cards are in the center.

The werewolf team only wins if at least one player is a Werewolf and no Werewolves are killed.

The Roles
In every game, there will be three more cards than there are players, the cards that aren't dealt out get put in the "center" face down.
The Werewolves
8db2ecdf326d0fad735bb37fb10313c4--the-werewolf-one-night.jpg?b=t
At night, all Werewolves are told who the others are. Werewolves are on the werewolf team. If you are the only Werewolf you take a look at a single center card (specify 1-3)

The Villager
villager.jpg
The villagers have no special power except for their vote. They win if a Werewolf is killed

The Tanner
tanner.jpg
The tanner is unaligned with the Werewolves or Villagers. He wins if he is lynched

The Minion
minion.jpg
The Minion is aligned with the Werewolves. He is aware of who the Werewolves are but they don't know who he is, he wins if no werewolves are killed, regardless of whether he himself is alive

The Robber
robber.jpg
At night, the Robber may choose to rob a card from another player and place his Robber card where the other card was. Then the Robber looks at his new card. The player who receives the Robber card is on the village team. The Robber is on the team of the card he takes, however, he does not do the action of his new role at night

The Troublemaker
troublemaker.jpg
At night, the Troublemaker may switch the cards of two other players without looking at those cards. The players who receive a different card are now the role (and team) of their new card, even though they don’t know what role that is until the end of the game. The Troublemaker is on the village team.

The Seer
seer.jpg
At night, the Seer may look either at one other player’s card or at two of the center cards, but does not move them. The Seer is on the village team. If you look at two center cards please specify 1-3

The Witch
witch.jpg
You may look at one of the center cards. If you do, you must exchange that card with any player’s card, please specify which center card you would look at (1-3). My personal favorite role. Aligned with the village

The Paranormal Investigator
pi.jpg
You may look at up to two cards of other players. If you see a Werewolf or the Tanner, you must stop and you become a Werewolf or the Tanner. Please specify in which order you'd like to check the cards (Investigate Jelly first Investigate Jello second) Aligned with the village

The Insomniac
insomniac.jpg
The Insomniac is the only role who is allowed to look at their role come day time and know for certain what they are and if they were switched. Aligned with the village

The Hunter
hunter.jpg
If the Hunter dies, the player he is voting dies as well. Aligned with the village

More will be added later

Turn Order
Werewolves
Minion
Seer
Paranormal Investigator
Robber
Witch
Troublemaker

Rules and stuff
1. Copy+Pasting your role PM is forbidden
2. Unless you are in the game please refrain from talking on-topic
3. If you sign up, please make sure you are free to be active in both night and day phase
4. I will be hosting three rounds with 12 hour nights (shortened if I receive all night actions early) and 12+ hour days.
5. A round can have up to 9 players, if someone was unable to join the first round they will be put on a waiting list and be given a spot in the next one. If someone needs to step out to give more room please be understanding
6. Don't worry about asking questions if I explained anything poorly, it takes some time to get familiar with.
7. Follow the Sims forum rules as well as these.
unknown.png
Post edited by Zinniavanilla on

Comments

• ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    edited February 2019
    Playerlists
    Round 1 - Villagers Win X
    1. Icmnfish - Minion
    2. dk - Villager turned Werewolf
    3. Luva - Troublemaker turned Robber
    4. Aqua - Robber turned Troublemaker
    5. Bobbz - Hunter
    6. Lulu - Wolf turned Villager
    7. Skittlebowbow - Seer
    8. Cyti - Villager
    9. Charlescheesyburger - Werewolf
    Round 2 X
    1. Plumbubbz
    2. Tutu
    3. Cyti
    4. dk
    5. Bobbz
    Round 3 X
    Post edited by Zinniavanilla on
    unknown.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'll play the 1st round
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Town wins when one werewolf is killed?? :O It's my time to shine!!!

I'll join. The roles look fun too.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    The werewolves don't kill either. Everyone just does fancy stuff at night. And it's possible for an original werewolf to become a villager too
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    The werewolves don't kill either. Everyone just does fancy stuff at night. And it's possible for an original werewolf to become a villager too

Can you clarify what this means?

At night, all Werewolves are told who the others are. If no one else opens their eyes, the other Werewolves are in the center. Werewolves are on the werewolf team. If you are the only Werewolf you take a look at a single center card (specify 1-3)

Does that mean werewolves have a PM chat? Or werewolves know every single player's role? And what do you mean if no one opens their eyes (like in forum terms)?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

Can you clarify what this means?

At night, all Werewolves are told who the others are. If no one else opens their eyes, the other Werewolves are in the center. Werewolves are on the werewolf team. If you are the only Werewolf you take a look at a single center card (specify 1-3)

Does that mean werewolves have a PM chat? Or werewolves know every single player's role? And what do you mean if no one opens their eyes (like in forum terms)?

Uh. Yeah, I was just copy+pasting and editing off the rules so I forgot to edit that.

If you are the only Werewolf you look at a center card. Werewolves don't get a PM chat but they know who each other are, at least at the start of the game.
    unknown.png
    Okay.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    More roles have been added! This game works rather well with a low number of players too, so it's alright if there aren't many sign ups
    unknown.png
  • LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    I’ll play
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
    When would day start and when would night start, because I want to see how much time I have for each phase 🧐
  • AguaWaterAguaWater Posts: 194 Member
    Can I join?
    My mind has gone blank can’t think of a good signature. :)
    LluviaRain wrote: »
    When would day start and when would night start, because I want to see how much time I have for each phase 🧐

Say tomorrow at 7-8pm MST night starts, day will be 12 hours or whenever I am awake/get all actions.
    unknown.png
    LluviaRain wrote: »

Say tomorrow at 7-8pm MST night starts, day will be 12 hours or whenever I am awake/get all actions.

I might be on for less time in night, but I’ll try to be active for as long as I can (4 hours or so, maybe more)
    You just have to give me your action if you have one.
    unknown.png
  • AguaWaterAguaWater Posts: 194 Member
    I still don’t fully understand, I am a bit confused on why there are 3 people per round that would make a very quick game.
    My mind has gone blank can’t think of a good signature. :)
    Sorry, didn't see you sign up! There can be up to 9
    unknown.png
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Mereeeeeeee
    Oh hamburgers!
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    Mereeeeeeee

Make sure to read the rules carefully. This isn't standard Mafia
    unknown.png
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    Mereeeeeeee

Make sure to read the rules carefully. This isn't standard Mafia

I did. Sign me up
    Oh hamburgers!
    I read the rules/mechanics and I still don't understand it. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif

Glad I’m not the only one 😋

Just a summary:
    - The game starts at night
    - There are one or more werewolves (that don't kill, but if there's only one, s/he can peek at the deck), or none at all
    - Most of the other villagers have actions that can switch or peek at cards (roles)
    - When day arrives everyone discusses their claims and actions
    - From this information, the village has to decide whom to lynch by voting in private
    - If there is at least one werewolf, the village must lynch a werewolf to win. If there are none, the town must not lynch

Just a summary:
    - The game starts at night
    - There are one or more werewolves (that don't kill, but if there's only one, s/he can peek at the deck), or none at all
    - Most of the other villagers have actions that can switch or peek at cards (roles)
    - When day arrives everyone discusses their claims and actions
    - From this information, the village has to decide whom to lynch by voting in private
    - If there is at least one werewolf, the village must lynch a werewolf to win. If there are none, the town must not lynch

Wow, this is like totally different form what I "understood" from the OP. XD I better read again. LOL.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'll play
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

edited February 2019
    Okay, some questions from the dumb dumb here:

What does this mean?
    No one but the Insomniac will be told what their role is when day comes around.

Like do we not know our roles unless we are told to send in a night action? Of course, players might also include the chances of their card being switched on day phase, etc. Correct?

Edit: Never mind, I guess it just means we don't know our final role when day starts.

Also, I get that we vote thru PM. Can we change our vote or is it just a one time thing?
    FwDXXd5.gif