Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to read the bio of a dead sim?

As far as I know, the only way to read a bio of a sim who has died is to resurrect the sim and then read their bio. Is there a cheat to read the bio of a dead sim?
It might seem like a weird question, but the reason I'm asking is that I'm working on a town that has a bit of a mysterious past. There are a few clues but so far, the only way to solve the mystery completely is to read the bios of the sims who are now dead.
Thanks for any answers!

Comments

• Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Since you don't mind cheating, as soon as you see the ghost around, you can click on them (left-clicking with testingcheatenabled or master controller) to edit them in CAS. This way, I believe you'll have access to their bio. I've never tested, though. It's just a theory.
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Since you don't mind cheating, as soon as you see the ghost around, you can click on them (left-clicking with testingcheatenabled or master controller) to edit them in CAS. This way, I believe you'll have access to their bio. I've never tested, though. It's just a theory.

I wouldn't advise dragging a pre-made ghost into CAS unless you want to break things they have a glitch in their genetics that can cause them to break. CAS made ghosts and those that pop up later like those born, or newly deceased sims don't have that problem.

But anyway you won't get access to their Bio that way you have to resurrect them.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Are these EA premade ghosts? If so, they are easily looked up on The Sims Wiki.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    I wouldn't advise dragging a pre-made ghost into CAS unless you want to break things they have a glitch in their genetics that can cause them to break. CAS made ghosts and those that pop up later like those born, or newly deceased sims don't have that problem.

@ScottDemon It's good to know, even though I don't intend to do it.
    Would it break the game even if I cancel the CAS interaction after checking the ghost?

• Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    As an alternative to accessing a ghost Sim’s bio for the necessary clues, would it be possible to engrave them as an epitaph on their tombstone instead? Not sure how much room your clues need though, and epitaphs are limited to 50 characters/spaces.
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    If it’s an EA premade sim you can find the bio here . I don’t know how to sort by game so this is all games.
  • Options
    EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Thank you everyone. Yes, Thuggishsplicer is right, you can read the bio of a dead sim by clicking on the sim and editing the sim in CAS, and it didn't break my game. Thanks!
  • Options
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2019
    “Do it with caution” for me means: save my game, use whatever I want to try to check on something, then close without saving. Better safe than sorry ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Would it break the game even if I cancel the CAS interaction after checking the ghost?
    I wouldn't drag a graveyard ghost or inactive playable ghost in at all as the risk of game corruption is not worth it unless your just going to exit the game to the desktop after you're done checking what you wanted to check. Active ghosts your playing are different but I would recommend using Nraas Master Controller.
    Earcat wrote: »
    Thank you everyone. Yes, Thuggishsplicer is right, you can read the bio of a dead sim by clicking on the sim and editing the sim in CAS, and it didn't break my game. Thanks!
    When an experienced modder of 7 yrs says something shouldn't be done they mean it we're not just saying something to hear ourselves talk. The risk of breaking the sim and game corruption is not something to take lightly or worth the risk. It's been well known that dragging certain types of occults into CAS using testingcheats is not safe and even though using Nraas Master Controller is safe to use to drag occult sims into CAS. Ghosts are the exception unless they are part of your active household.

*Edit*
    I don't know what you were looking at or where you saw their Bio as I dragged a few into CAS and the only thing I saw was the normal CAS options. Unless you're referring to their Traits, Astro Sign, LTW etc.. that's not their Bio.

Post edited by ScottDemon on
  • Options
    edited February 2019

But before I forget you can with inactive playable ghosts drag them into CAS with Master Controller and save a copy of them in CAS for later use just remember to exit to the desktop after you save your copies. When you go look that copy later in CAS their thumbnail will have that ghostly look but when you click on it to call them up they will be a normal sim and it is perfectly safe to then edit them and use them in your game.
    Never tried with a graveyard ghost as I can never catch one in time.
  • Options
    EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Actually, I went to Prosperity Point, where all of the dead sims in the graveyard have a bio. When one of the ghosts appeared, I edited him in CAS and was able to read his bio. Since editing a dead sim in CAS might not be a good thing, I'll have to think of something else, or if someone actually wants to know, I could just tell them.
    Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Earcat wrote: »
    Actually, I went to Prosperity Point, where all of the dead sims in the graveyard have a bio. When one of the ghosts appeared, I edited him in CAS and was able to read his bio. Since editing a dead sim in CAS might not be a good thing, I'll have to think of something else, or if someone actually wants to know, I could just tell them.
    Thanks for your help.
    Makes me wonder if you have another mod that makes it possible to see the Bio.
    But admittedly I don't spend a lot of time in CAS the CAS music makes me want to pull my hair out so I just make my sims and leave as fast as I can. If it wasn't for Twoftmama at Sims Asylum and her No CAS Music mod I'd have no hair at all.
    Well I don't really have any hair left unless you count the small strip in the center of my head cause I pulled the rest out a long time ago thanks CAS music :D
  • Options
    LOL Mine has fallen but because of other reasons.

That reminds me that I should work more on the bio of my sims. I find that detail so cute.