Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA to release 20 new content drops and Expansions in fiscal 2020

Comments

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I said it in another topic, but I personally hope we will get University, Island Paradise, and some kind of a romance pack. Also, some interactions I would like to see are tag (from TS3) and slow dancing.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hope it will include better personalities, cars, updated babies, university, tropical vacation, NPC's etc.

I don't see them overhauling personalities. So, throw that one out, because it probably won't happen. Updated babies probably won't happen because the point is to make money, so, can't think of a pack where they would free babies from that object and stop putting them in inventory.
    Cars...probably not, unless it's some sort of check list of your Sim going to different places inorder to level up on something. Maybe a picture of a car in a loading screen. Seriously, I think that.

University, maybe, but again more check lists on the good ol' pc, but this time housed in some dorm. Probably using the same objects from the GTW pack (like festivals use the base game objects) for science or math or whatever.

Tropical vacation, maybe, but they still won't work out your guest leaving the lot and going back home. I doubt we see swimming in oceans, but more collecting. Collect seashells....Yay... :s Probably a contest to see how many your Sim got and that freaking woman who shows up to give you something. lol

NPCs, of course, ones I never heard of. Looks like an exciting year doesn't it? Not.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Hope it will include better personalities, cars, updated babies, university, tropical vacation, NPC's etc.

I don't see them overhauling personalities. So, throw that one out, because it probably won't happen. Updated babies probably won't happen because the point is to make money, so, can't think of a pack where they would free babies from that object and stop putting them in inventory.
    Cars...probably not, unless it's some sort of check list of your Sim going to different places inorder to level up on something. Maybe a picture of a car in a loading screen. Seriously, I think that.

University, maybe, but again more check lists on the good ol' pc, but this time housed in some dorm. Probably using the same objects from the GTW pack (like festivals use the base game objects) for science or math or whatever.

Tropical vacation, maybe, but they still won't work out your guest leaving the lot and going back home. I doubt we see swimming in oceans, but more collecting. Collect seashells....Yay... :s Probably a contest to see how many your Sim got and that freaking woman who shows up to give you something. lol

NPCs, of course, ones I never heard of. Looks like an exciting year doesn't it? Not.

Well we know nothing about the Sims 4 excites you but I'm looking forward to a year of awesome content! :p
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Glad I hope they do stop sutff or what ever I get mine from TSR and other sites and it is all free.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Content is content, free or not, we'll be getting content this year, just like last year. What I'M more interested in knowing is which bugs will be fixed this year that haven't been fixed last year, or maybe even the year before that. I was told good things come to those who wait, and I've beeeen waiting, so fingers crossed!
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    but when you have CEO's taking 5 grand a month of salary

Where did you hear *that*?
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    What i want to know more than any other thing here is... are we going to get a new pack before the new fiscal year?
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member

Whoa, I missed that bit. Umm...that's quite low for a CEO salary.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    > @TheGreatGorlon said:
    > @Anmirla That's what I would assume. I think 20 is a very generous estimate if it was instances of brand new generated content, and EXTREMELY generous if it's free content via patches (this IS EA we're talking about here, and "free" is a bit of a dirty word there), so I think that 20 includes patch content and packs for PC and consoles. It depends on whether they qualify Mobile as one of their content platforms, and also whether they consider XBoxOne and PS4 as separate content drops. So in reality, it could actually be a fancy way for them to inflate their numbers without actually releasing an overwhelming amount of new content.

It does say across mobile, PC, and console so I doubt we're getting a lot.

It depends if they consider release of content for console after the same content releases on PC as two separate releases. Technically, when they release a pack on console even if it's been out for a while for PC (like Movie Hangout Stuff) it's new for that platform so it probably counts. Free Play wouldn't count though since it's technically not an EA product; it's just licensed to use the name The Sims.

I don't think anyone expects to see 20 paid content packs for The Sims 4 in FY 2020. But if we get a couple of SPs, a couple of GPs, and maybe up to two EPs in the next FY I'll be content (and so will my budget).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2019

You don't know. If toddlers weren't there and I would have mention them you would have say this too, same with terrain tools. Why couldn't they do overhaul all these stuffs? They overhauled a lot of stuffs. That's not because you don't have any hopes in TS4 that I should to.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Well we know nothing about the Sims 4 excites you but I'm looking forward to a year of awesome content! :p

Thank's god, me too.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

No kidding. That's $60,000 a year. Mid-level managers make more than that. I'd expect the developers make quite a bit more than that.
    I just want things to match. :'(

That's absolutely not true. Toddlers were the best in the series. Vampires was an amazing pack and I loved it. Dine Out was a lot of fun for me, I ran and or visited them all the time in TS4. But their A game was almost two years ago, other things they have released has been very much Meh, and ridden with bugs even for the main features of a pack. They have slid backwards and not worked in as much detail or depth as those things I just listed and we all know it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited February 2019

No kidding. That's $60,000 a year. Mid-level managers make more than that. I'd expect the developers make quite a bit more than that.

That's entry-level. And also is definitely not the actual CEO salary. His total compensation is a more typical $35 million annually. Not sure how that breaks down into cash vs. stock etc.

edit. Aha! found that. $60,000 is approximately his total "other compensation" per year. Most of his compensation is in stock. Total cash compensation is about 3.6 million, of which $1.1 million is base pay. So, your basic CEO deal.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

That's absolutely not true. Toddlers were the best in the series. Vampires was an amazing pack and I loved it. Dine Out was a lot of fun for me, I ran and or visited them all the time in TS4. But their A game was almost two years ago, other things they have released has been very much Meh, and ridden with bugs even for the main features of a pack. They have slid backwards and not worked in as much detail or depth as those things I just listed and we all know it.

I'm talking about currently. Toddlers were released January 2017, 2 years ago. Vampires was released January 24, 2017. 2 years ago. Dine Out was released June 7, 2016. Almost 3 years ago. I'm still having fun with those features and filled with anticipation for the year ahead.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Quite a few CEOs take the bulk of their salary in stock options and such these days -- lower base salary means lower taxes, and they can sell off the stock when it gets to a higher point and treat the money as capital gains (which are handled differently), maybe even wait till they retire. The late Steve Jobs when he returned to Apple took only $1/year salary, but he had a boatload of Apple stock (cheap when he started, but was way up there when he passed away), so he got dividends paid out as well. It's been a while since I took tax accounting but I believe dividend income is taxed differently (different rate structure) than income from actually working.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I note 'mobile' is included in there very quietly. So, 20 divided by three is 6 and a bit, but we don't actually know anything much.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm not enthusiast or disappointed by this announcement because it means nothing and just it's a marketing argument.
  • leave_blank77leave_blank77 Posts: 26 Member
    I can see it now, every couple of weeks we'll get a new silly costume for our townies to wear. The townie fashion threads are going to be glorious.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    Doesn't sound good for Game and Stuffpacks cause they weren't mentioned. It sounds like Gamepacks and Stuffpacks are being replaced by free content drops.

So now it makes sense why they're saying they've got at least 3 more years of content...because we'll only get a very little bit here and there and maybe 1 or 2 expansion packs a year. I find this VERY unacceptable. I want stuff and game packs!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!

I'm talking about currently. Toddlers were released January 2017, 2 years ago. Vampires was released January 24, 2017. 2 years ago. Dine Out was released June 7, 2016. Almost 3 years ago. I'm still having fun with those features and filled with anticipation for the year ahead.

I think you just made my point for me, didn't you? Look at everything else released since 2017. Flawed by design or bugs and glitches. Look at C&D, flawed with how strays are handled, with illness and hunger. Flawed Vet Career (one of the main features) riddled with bugs. Doesn't even work correctly. Look at Seasons, flawed by design, or bugs, umbrellas don't even work correctly, outfits are now flawed more than ever, (one of the main features) weather is flawed, and by design players can't even pick the weather they want or season across all worlds. And then there are bugs that afflict the main features of the EP. Then there is GF it has one career and it's flawed and riddled with bugs.

That's the whole point of my statements, everything they released since 2017 has been bugged, flawed by design, or not very logical with how things work, half baked, poor product implementation and it's no wonder I'm not excited to pay out more for flawed packs with bugs affecting even the main features of a pack and or design flawedness which makes no sense to a player.
    Loanet wrote: »
    I note 'mobile' is included in there very quietly. So, 20 divided by three is 6 and a bit, but we don't actually know anything much.

I think the same thing. I wonder if anyone will keep a tally to see if they tell the truth starting in April. lol
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    I believe they are gearing up for Sims 5. The drops are the final stop gaps to Sims 4.

This is my thought exactly. Too bad, because as much as people wanted to have hope and hang on to the notion that Sims 4 would surprise/shock/delight us all by producing some of the best EP's and new gameplay than previous iterations, this doesn't appear to be reality anymore. I really think this is as far as we get with Sims 4. I could be very wrong, and that would be a delight, but I don't think so.

So, truth be told, I'm somewhat over Sims 4 and basically looking forward to sims 5, which it seems like this is more in the works than let on. Think to other iterations, basically whenever the latest game is a done deal, very little content comes and its few and far at that. Just saying.
    I believe they are gearing up for Sims 5. The drops are the final stop gaps to Sims 4.

This is my thought exactly. Too bad, because as much as people wanted to have hope and hang on to the notion that Sims 4 would surprise/shock/delight us all by producing some of the best EP's and new gameplay than previous iterations, this doesn't appear to be reality anymore. I really think this is as far as we get with Sims 4. I could be very wrong, and that would be a delight, but I don't think so.

So, truth be told, I'm somewhat over Sims 4 and basically looking forward to sims 5, which it seems like this is more in the works than let on. Think to other iterations, basically whenever the latest game is a done deal, very little content comes and its few and far at that. Just saying.

I hope TS5 will truly be an amazing game. I look at everything TS4 has released and I can't really say there has been any amazings pack that we haven't seen before, and sometimes a lot less, and sometimes not as impressive as a previous EP of an older version. If you think about the older games, there was a lot to amaze us, at least to me, like first time building porches, generations, deep basements, (not black pits), swimable lakes, swimming in oceans and streams, seven levels, terrain tools, houseboats, roller coasters, boardwalks, supernaturals, amazing magic duels, weather that made it almost impossible to get back in the door of the house (snow), some amazing storms, fireballs from the sky, burning up everything they hit, a well thought out studio and acting, modeling, singer, comedian career. Bands, amazing dorms, amazing apartment building and designs, including duplexes, condos, boarding houses, mobile home parks, anything we could think of. Amazing supernatural creatures with powers, magic tricks that could turn others into frogs, or whatever, amazing animals like horses, and riding horses, amazing fast cars, indepth romantic interactions. Mail, love letters, coupons, invites, post cards, pen pals, etc. etc. And I haven't even touched some amazing packs in the other games or the base games. I don't know, TS4 hasn't proven to me it can top any of that. It did a few times with the best toddlers ever, and yes, best Vamps ever, but that's about it.
    edited February 2019
    I look at everything TS4 has released and I can't really say there has been any amazings pack that we haven't seen before

But we have a few more years. There's plenty of time for something new and amazing. :)