March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scared/ Fear Emotion

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
One missed opportunity is that they not implemented a Scared Emotion. The emotions are meant to be a main innovation of Sims 4.
If we get a Supernatural Expansion, we could get a Scared emotion.
The "Scared" emotion could have 3 different variants...
  • Scared
  • Very Scared
  • Terrified
Sims could even die from fear (like in Sims 2) if they get into the "Terrified" mood

Two new traits could be added: Coward and Brave.
Cowards are easily scared, but have the advantage of not dying from anything besides old age because the Grim Reaper feels sorry for them and thinks living is a greater punishment for them than death.
Brave Sims are never scared and have the advantage of autonomously putting out fires and fighting the Grim Reaper when another Sim died to save the Sim.
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited February 2019
    I agree with you. These features would be great.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Great ideas.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Sounds like a great idea to be released with a free update in preparation for a Supernaturals EP! (or a werewolves GP but that's unlikely)
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I agree completely. It doesn't make sense to me that some fear-based moodlets make the sims Uncomfortable the same way that being tired or nauseous does. I feel as though having its own emotion with an associated death would be much better than what we already have.
    Additionally, maybe instead of its own new category, "scared" and "terrified" could be additional stages of tense? I would possibly be easier to program for the devs as well.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes, except, Fear needs to be implemented in the base game, not in an EP. I think adding a new emotion has a butterfly effect that will impact so much more of the game than an EP is capable of. Kind of like how Hot/Cold clothing was implemented in the base game with the Season's patch, even for those who didn't have the EP.

However, I think fear needs to go like this:
    Anxious/Worried/Nervous (Whatever we call it, Stage 1 Fear)
    Scared (Stage 2 Fear)
    Terrified (Stage 3 Fear, Potential for Fatality)

I also really like the introduction of Cowardly and Brave traits. I'd change your Cowardly a little bit though, as I feel like the Grim Reaper's pity should be reserved for an Unlucky trait again like in TS3.

Cowardly - This Sim is easily startled by loud noises and darkness and becomes (Stage 1 Fear) easily. They will not die from being terrified, and will immediately flee when they see a fight.

I also think that your Brave Sims fighting the Grim Reaper for someone who saved them is oddly specific, as I'm not sure how that situation would ever come up in the game.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    That would be very nice indeed. And I agree with TheGreatGorlon, as that could allow for the stage 1 "fear" to be used for a greater variety of things. Like kids coming upon new experiences could sometimes be anxious about it.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    BridgetKV wrote: »
    I agree completely. It doesn't make sense to me that some fear-based moodlets make the sims Uncomfortable the same way that being tired or nauseous does. I feel as though having its own emotion with an associated death would be much better than what we already have.
    Additionally, maybe instead of its own new category, "scared" and "terrified" could be additional stages of tense? I would possibly be easier to program for the devs as well.

I'm not entirely certain how Tense could lead to terrified because Tense seems like dealing with everyday pressures of life while Fear is like dealing with unknown things that haven't happened to somebody before. As somebody with two anxiety disorders, those emotions just seem kinda different to me.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    This is great, and something I've wanted for a while.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • HeyitssmileHeyitssmile Posts: 45 Member
    Though the emotions might not be EP materiel due to the complications it might bring, but the traits could come with a Supernatural EP, like what SinaMegapolis suggested.
  • KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    @SimGuruKate Are we going to have this Fear emotion
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Yes! And if for some reason the game can't handle another one they should just replace "bored" with it. Got the right color to match it and its not like it does anything. Also I miss my coward sim fleeing the house in the middle of the night cause Bonehilda woke up to grab his dirty plate

Would have to tweak it though so sims don't get randomly "scared" from not being in a club or from watching the kids channel.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    It would be great to have fear emotion. I've been waiting for this for so long. Vampires would be a great pack to include fear emotion maybe. But a patch would be better of course.
    Fear is wanted and needed in the game. I hope we're gonna have it in game sometime soon.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited February 2019
    Vampris wrote: »
    Yes! And if for some reason the game can't handle another one they should just replace "bored" with it. Got the right color to match it and its not like it does anything. Also I miss my coward sim fleeing the house in the middle of the night cause Bonehilda woke up to grab his dirty plate

Would have to tweak it though so sims don't get randomly "scared" from not being in a club or from watching the kids channel.

Now I don't think we should use Fear to chuck out Bored. I think the Bored moodlets for young Sims could be a lot stronger since kids and teens get bored easily in real life. There's room for both emotions.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Thats the only emotion a can remember that I miss in the game
    I want the horror channel to be back soon
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't understand why is it not a feature.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I agree, the fear emotion is missing. It is one of the fundamentals and the closest we have is tense, which just isn't the same. I would prefer a neurotic/anxious trait to go with it though as well as brave.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I agree, the fear emotion is missing. It is one of the fundamentals and the closest we have is tense, which just isn't the same. I would prefer a neurotic/anxious trait to go with it though as well as brave.

the brave trait would work really well with Military/Firefighter careers
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I don't understand why is it not a feature.

Probably because they forgot it, but it was in Sims 2 (Sims could be scared to death) and kind of Sims 3 Supernatural
    a256aFi.gif
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I keep thinking the fear emotion exists and then keep remembering it's more or less been replaced by Tense. Which is similar but not entirely the same.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Good idea but I would change very scared to Terrified and Terrified to Petrified.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yeah, we need a Fear emotion. Tense isn't really quite the same.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I think we need this now more than ever with this new game pack, don't you think? ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    edited February 2019
    @paradiseplanet

Yes I think so too let me see.
    I think we need this now more than ever with this new game pack, don't you think? ;)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955777/what-tv-channel-you-like-to-add-on-strangerville-next-pack#latest

I have made a poll for you guys