Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After Witches

Comments

• Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Werewolves
    storyy wrote: »
    Avianator wrote: »
    Genies? Imaginary Friends? They could be fun once or twice but there's no way they could fill a pack on their own. Let's be honest.

The only supernaturals on this list that have the potential to justify their own pack are mermaids and fairies. But personally I doubt we will ever get another supernatural lifestate pack after witches. A general Supernatural pack including several lifestates is probabaly the only chance for them to ever make it into the game.

I mean the question was not asking what supernatural pack we'd like next, rather what life state we'd like to see, but I totally see your point! I voted for Imaginary Friends and you're absolutely right, there's no way that would be its own pack. Maybe they'd fit into a pack that focuses on the toddler/child life stages, but since we already have Parenthood (which arguably focuses on parenting I guess) I don't know if they'll ever make it into the game lol.

Genies would be awesome in a Middle Eastern pack (or a travel pack including Middle Eastern themed culture/locations). But I'm not sure that I would want them to be a playable life state. This is coming from someone though who doesn't care for playing supernaturals to begin with lol. Mermaids would be tight but they were so botched in TS3 they'd really need to make it something new for TS4 otherwise what's the point haha.

I don't even think witches would be introduced in their OWN pack. I feel like The Sims wouldn't release a title with "Witch" in any form. If they went the "Makin' Magic" title route, that could include witches, fairies, genies, maybe even mermaids. I think this game is geared to a wide fanbase, which includes (as you said) 13 year old girls. Imagine the uproar in our society today if 13 year old girls were asking their parents for The Sims 4 Witchcraft gamepack lol. I don't think that'd fly.

At this point maybe I've read too far into this but... it'd be fun to have a general supernatural pack with several life stages. I also agree with the werewolf thing - I don't see the appeal. They were annoying in previous games honestly.

I sort of disagree.
    Any given pack can only have so much money and time dedicated to it, and therefore, each pack is limited to how much you can put in it.
    That is why Aliens have so little Content compared to Vampires. If Vampires were added in Get Together, we wouldn't have all those vampire powers, the skill tree and so on.
    We'd have one Coffin, maybe a crib, three outfits, five to eight vampire powers from the tree added to every Vampire by default along with two or three of the weaknesses, and the plasma bags you can order via the computer. No Vampire Lore skill, no Garlic, and some Feature like the new dancing skill and the corresponding trait as well as some board games would be missing from GT as well.
    Witches, with their Spells and Brooms and potions and all that, would have to get the treatment Vampires got, with a Gamepack if not an entire Expansion Pack for themselves to do them justice.
    The times where you could put 3 or 4 occults in one pack, flesh them out and it ends up good have yet to come.
    In Sims 1 Makin Magic, Vampires and Werewolves were sort of added too, but only as a cosmetic thing, like all those furry suits now.
    The only playable life state, although not actually an occult life state, but more like a magic skill with a very interactive new town, was magic users. You may call them Sorcerers or Witches.
    In Sims 3 Supernatural, Werewolves were a disappointment, but they weren't ever really good in any Sims game yet, Fairies were boring (At least for me) and Vampires were... too "Twilighty" for me. And there are some complaints about the Witches, but in My opinion, they were the best Occults TS3 had and still has to offer. And Supernatural is still my favorite TS3 EP, hands down.
    It was the first I bought, I bought it together with the base game, and its the Reason I tried the Sims in the first place.
    Vampires Gamepack did a much better Job than Supernatural. No Idea about Makin Magic, as I don't own Sims 1, don't know how I could get my hands on it and highly doubt I would get it to run on my Computer.
    I hear and read a lot of good things about makin magic, and I'd very much like them to redo what they apparently did back then if that isn't all nostalgia goggles.
    But such a pack in TS4 would only include Witches or at least a magic skill like the Original, but wouldn't add Fairies, Genies, Mermaids, Goblins, Gorgons, Fauns, Centaurs, Pegasi, Hydras, Banshees, Chupacabras, or Ents, unless in the same form as Bees were added in Seasons or Skeletons in Djungle Adventure.
    Also, Genies or Djinn are very doubtful, as we already have the Wishing Well that already does the Wishing thing.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Werewolves
    While i doubt if a Werewolves GP will happen, i still want them the most after witches. and i don't even know why, there's just this urge i have to casually play as werewolves in ts4 (like i currently do with ts3) its so awkward :|
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Werewolves
    The thing is, i'm struggling trying to justify a whole GP for werewolves. One time i say to myself "EAxis can just take a lot of ideas from the community for such a pack" then i think "but it would only attract werewolf fans and new players wouldn't buy it so it isn't worth doing for EAxis".
    At this point, i'm not even sure if werewolves and occults other than witches are even coming to the game as separate GPs anymore. We have what, 2 years left of TS4's lifespan and simmers are asking so much content it will take EAxis 1 and half years to make them all before working on occults so either way it looks like a lose-lose unless they work on multiple packs and rush them which is worse.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Fairies
    It could be that it's not a witches pack coming but a general magic pack that has witches, faeries, and werewolves. (I can dream, right?)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Werewolves
    It could be that it's not a witches pack coming but a general magic pack that has witches, faeries, and werewolves. (I can dream, right?)

At this point, this could be a possibility after reading other threads. I don't think we are going to get too many more packs. It seems like there is no longer teams that work on each type of pack - it may be down to one team working on everything which would mean it may take longer to put out new substantial content.

I wouldn't mind this option as long as each Occult is thoroughly covered like Vampires were. They could make one big world with different sections for each Occult.
    It seems like a lot for one EP though. Yes, we can dream! ;)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Werewolves
    You got to have the triad. Witches, werewolves, and vamps just go together well for story driven gameplay. But please STOP there. I hate when there's too much. And yeah, I know, dont buy it if you dont like it, but I'm selfish and want them working on things I like. I'm begging the universe for NO zombies paaaleesssz
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Imaginary Friend
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I sort of disagree.
    Any given pack can only have so much money and time dedicated to it, and therefore, each pack is limited to how much you can put in it.
    That is why Aliens have so little Content compared to Vampires. If Vampires were added in Get Together, we wouldn't have all those vampire powers, the skill tree and so on.
    We'd have one Coffin, maybe a crib, three outfits, five to eight vampire powers from the tree added to every Vampire by default along with two or three of the weaknesses, and the plasma bags you can order via the computer. No Vampire Lore skill, no Garlic, and some Feature like the new dancing skill and the corresponding trait as well as some board games would be missing from GT as well.
    Witches, with their Spells and Brooms and potions and all that, would have to get the treatment Vampires got, with a Gamepack if not an entire Expansion Pack for themselves to do them justice.
    The times where you could put 3 or 4 occults in one pack, flesh them out and it ends up good have yet to come.
    In Sims 1 Makin Magic, Vampires and Werewolves were sort of added too, but only as a cosmetic thing, like all those furry suits now.
    The only playable life state, although not actually an occult life state, but more like a magic skill with a very interactive new town, was magic users. You may call them Sorcerers or Witches.
    In Sims 3 Supernatural, Werewolves were a disappointment, but they weren't ever really good in any Sims game yet, Fairies were boring (At least for me) and Vampires were... too "Twilighty" for me. And there are some complaints about the Witches, but in My opinion, they were the best Occults TS3 had and still has to offer. And Supernatural is still my favorite TS3 EP, hands down.
    It was the first I bought, I bought it together with the base game, and its the Reason I tried the Sims in the first place.
    Vampires Gamepack did a much better Job than Supernatural. No Idea about Makin Magic, as I don't own Sims 1, don't know how I could get my hands on it and highly doubt I would get it to run on my Computer.
    I hear and read a lot of good things about makin magic, and I'd very much like them to redo what they apparently did back then if that isn't all nostalgia goggles.
    But such a pack in TS4 would only include Witches or at least a magic skill like the Original, but wouldn't add Fairies, Genies, Mermaids, Goblins, Gorgons, Fauns, Centaurs, Pegasi, Hydras, Banshees, Chupacabras, or Ents, unless in the same form as Bees were added in Seasons or Skeletons in Djungle Adventure.
    Also, Genies or Djinn are very doubtful, as we already have the Wishing Well that already does the Wishing thing.
    I totally understand that! And wow, I appreciate such a thorough response. Clearly you have thought about this :) I guess I really just meant that I think two to three supernaturals could come in one pack, and by "pack" I meant ANY possible pack type. So if we had a Sims 4 Supernatural Expansion Pack, it could possibly include a full array of features for witches and say, fairies. Two occult options for magic that can have similar features with clear differences. Then possibly a third occult state that has less focus, like a genie. Personally, I've NEVER used the wishing well, as it does not fit in the look of my games typically. That's not to say I can't use it, but I just haven't taken advantage of it. There's something alluring to me about a magical item that has a genie inside of it! If that didn't fit, perhaps witches could have a game pack and fairies could have their own game pack. I agree with you, they did do a good job with Vampires as a Game Pack, which gave us a well thought out occult addition to the game.

Makin' Magic was much sillier and eccentric. Think Halloween Town from Disney Channel or something of the like. SUPER fun, but I don't think that fits what today's Simmers want. It seems like the focus is on more in depth and less cute/silly character creation and storytelling (but still with room for those things). That's also just my point of view, the audience for this game is so different per person. Just my observation of the part of the community that wants supernaturals so passionately.

I personally did not care for the werewolves in any of the games, and don't really see the appeal. But again, I have never liked many of the supernatural life states too much. Fairies I enjoyed because they could fly, mostly lol. I also enjoyed witches but they were very limited in terms of versatility in appearance and clothing. I would LOVE a sorcery pack that included some more "modern" types of witchy clothing and objects. It could also add recipes to the alchemy skill, flowers for gardening, etc. Maybe a shapeshifting/disguise feature?

Above all it's discussions like this that help me understand why others want things like supernatural, farming, etc. Not that it matters what I think, but it's cool to learn!
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Mermaids
    Mermaids, for the added bonus of underwater swimming.
    edited February 2019
    Werewolves
    storyy wrote: »
    I sort of disagree.
    I totally understand that! And wow, I appreciate such a thorough response. Clearly you have thought about this :) I guess I really just meant that I think two to three supernaturals could come in one pack, and by "pack" I meant ANY possible pack type. So if we had a Sims 4 Supernatural Expansion Pack, it could possibly include a full array of features for witches and say, fairies. Two occult options for magic that can have similar features with clear differences. Then possibly a third occult state that has less focus, like a genie. Personally, I've NEVER used the wishing well, as it does not fit in the look of my games typically. That's not to say I can't use it, but I just haven't taken advantage of it. There's something alluring to me about a magical item that has a genie inside of it! If that didn't fit, perhaps witches could have a game pack and fairies could have their own game pack. I agree with you, they did do a good job with Vampires as a Game Pack, which gave us a well thought out occult addition to the game.

Makin' Magic was much sillier and eccentric. Think Halloween Town from Disney Channel or something of the like. SUPER fun, but I don't think that fits what today's Simmers want. It seems like the focus is on more in depth and less cute/silly character creation and storytelling (but still with room for those things). That's also just my point of view, the audience for this game is so different per person. Just my observation of the part of the community that wants supernaturals so passionately.

I personally did not care for the werewolves in any of the games, and don't really see the appeal. But again, I have never liked many of the supernatural life states too much. Fairies I enjoyed because they could fly, mostly lol. I also enjoyed witches but they were very limited in terms of versatility in appearance and clothing. I would LOVE a sorcery pack that included some more "modern" types of witchy clothing and objects. It could also add recipes to the alchemy skill, flowers for gardening, etc. Maybe a shapeshifting/disguise feature?

Above all it's discussions like this that help me understand why others want things like supernatural, farming, etc. Not that it matters what I think, but it's cool to learn!

Sims 3 Supernatural had 4 Occults. Technically, at least. Vampires came already before that, and just got a small extension with it, but didn't require the City EP (Nightlife? Late Night? One of those. I keep mixing those two names up.) Zombies were only like a half Occult that was super annoying. And I already described how little depth each occult had in there. Witches had the most abilities and had the Alchemy Skill going for them. (I know everyone could use it, but as I understand Potions to be a Witch thing, I see and use it as a Witches thing exclusively)
    I doubt a Sims 4 EP with two and a half occults would grant both occults the full Vampire treatment. If it had one full and two half ones, perhaps. (Half ones like Patchy the Scarecrow or the Jungle Adventure Skeleton)
    Also, there is very little that the Fairies had I can't justify giving to Witches instead. Mainly the look with the wings and pointy ears.
    Witches can also (Sort of) fly with their brooms. And some mischief and gardening spells would have enhanced Witches a great deal. Even as they were and still are (In my opinion) the best Sims 3 has to offer, Occult wise.

Giving Witches full treatment, like they gave vampires, would not just mean more spells and potions, but also a wider variety of ways to make a Witch. Imagine being able to make them like Doctor Facilier from Princess and the frog, like those in Harry Potter, like those in the Wizard of Oz, like the one in Hänsel and Gretel, like in Sabrina (all versions), like the Addams Family, and like a modern Wiccan, or simply mix and match between all those have to offer.
    You can create any Vampire types that exist in Books, Movies, and Video games to this day in Sims 4 Vampires, except for a few specific ones, if they have very unique distinct traits. (Like sparkling in the Sun or turning into a 3-meter tall demon-bat-monster-thing)
    Fairies don't have that much variety going on. What could Fairies be like, other than human-sized Tinkerbell?
    But as I like Witches the most, I am very biased towards them. So please don't take that personally.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Imaginary Friend
    Giving Witches full treatment, like they gave vampires, would not just mean more spells and potions, but also a wider variety of ways to make a Witch. Imagine being able to make them like Doctor Facilier from Princess and the frog, like those in Harry Potter, like those in the Wizard of Oz, like the one in Hänsel and Gretel, like in Sabrina (all versions), like the Addams Family, and like a modern Wiccan, or simply mix and match between all those have to offer.
    You can create any Vampire types that exist in Books, Movies, and Video games to this day in Sims 4 Vampires, except for a few specific ones, if they have very unique distinct traits. (Like sparkling in the Sun or turning into a 3-meter tall demon-bat-monster-thing)

I definitely like the idea of witches getting that full game pack treatment. And you're right, if they had more than one I guess it'd probably be one full and two that are not as fleshed out. I would love to have any type of witch I could imagine, and I'd also probably be more inclined to play with them than I am vampires (solely because witches interest me more than vampires do in general). However I guess I'm learning more about myself in that I really like the idea of fairies making a full-fledged come back lol. Or perhaps an Aliens treatment - they could be an addition to an EP and have many features that are unique to them, but not full-on GP worthy. TBH I think I'm just dreaming, as witches (if done similarly to how you've described them) would get all that magic wrapped in their pack and who gives a plum about fairies after that lol.

Honestly I'll buy almost anything they're selling to me so fairies, genies, imaginary friends, or NOT (probably not), I'll most likely love what they decide to put out next.
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    Mermaids
    From a Magic Book found somewhere in the actual worlds and given by a witch, the sim could learn an underwater swimming skill and then read a spell and be transformed into a mermaid once they get to the ocean to visit a beautiful underwater world, with all kinds of underwater activities.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Mermaids
    I don't really want witches. I never really liked the supernaturals aside from vampires. I did however love the CAS & items that came with them. I loved the potion shop and went there every sim day to buy stuff. I loved the potions in S3 and took many best friend & energy when going on World Adventures and to University. Mermaids & robots sound remotely nice. Yeti, lockness monster, and bigfoot would be neat. Would be really cool to flesh out Grim with a house, stuff, interactions, graveyard, funerals ect. Out of the ones above though, mermaids. They are very cute.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Werewolves
    Witches always win the polls but that doesn't mean we're getting them next.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Werewolves
    Loanet wrote: »
    Witches always win the polls but that doesn't mean we're getting them next.

I don't think they're coming because they win all the polls.
    I think they're coming because they won one very specific poll. The Twitter Poll in Summer by the Devs. They won by a landslide.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Fairies
    I really hope we get witches. I like the idea of something a bit different. For me, and I appreciate I am in a small group with this opinion, another holiday world is not on my list, paradise beach or not. They have limited appeal to me.

However, that's the fun of The Sims, different things for different people with different tastes. I just hope whatever comes actually works and has some depth.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    I agree with friendlysimmers, if I can't have farming, I would like the beaches, hotels, where sims can work also, like in sims3, don't care for werewolves, or zombies, or mermaids, or sci-fi
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Fairies
    Fairies most of all but I do want robots and imaginary friends plus mermaids
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Werewolves
    There could be gameplay like Logan (from X-Men whose happens to be a werewolf) etc. So many different things can be added to them thats not from past games.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    Mermaids
    Mermaids.
    If only because unlike most other occults, their addition actually means quite nice things gameplay wise.
    Underwater exploration, diving, sailing, beaches... need I say more? These are paramount in a life sim game even for people who couldn't care any less about occults.

In the end, I don't think any other occult has the possibility of coming with so much non occult content that would entice others players.
  • ellipsismsellipsisms Posts: 9 New Member
    Mermaids
    I'd prefer either mermaids or robots, not much into werewolves....
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Werewolves
    I like all, but werewolf and zombies after magic would be a welcome. honestly wonder if they decide not to do most of these this time around
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Something New - Please comment
    For mythical, I would really like to see phoenixes. It would also be awesome if we could have them as pets!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    Werewolves
    rjssim wrote: »
    For mythical, I would really like to see phoenixes. It would also be awesome if we could have them as pets!
    Now that you mention it, I would love to see mythical pets again. Pets in Sims 4 have been pretty disappointing for me. I'd give my life to have the Sims 1 dragons come back.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • hipotonixhipotonix Posts: 58 Member
    Robots
    I'm definitely torn between werewolves and robots. I'd really enjoy if they made a pack with 2 or more supernaturals in one.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Mermaids
    I voted in this ages ago - I think I said fairies. Though it may have also been mermaids.

Either way, I really want witches, fairies, mermaids and hybrids! I really want to be able to have half vampire, half fairies, or half aliens with literally anything else. Even if it means when it comes to points they get the same number, but have to split them between both power point boards, so they have limited powers from both ends. Think a fairy vampire who can't turn other sims, but can fly. Or can fly, and has healing magic, can turn sims and woohoo as a bat, but cannot jinx anyone, cannot run fast, has no sun immunity and can't concoct potions. I feel like hybrids are more of what I'd like to see.