Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about uni

DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 2
I have an elderly couple with a teen, the elderly couple is going to die soon leaving the teen living alone, when I send her to college and she later finishes, will she still live in the current home she is in when she is finished uni? Or will it put her back in the family bin with 20,000 simoleons as is she is a brand new sim.
I'm just wondering because there are sentimental items in my house hold the elderly couple created that I want to make sure I can keep.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

She will go to the Simbin with 20k but the elders won't die unless you play them while she's in Uni.
    Also, the items will remain on the lot (make sure to remove stuff from the elder's inventories before they die). If you want to play the elders in rotation, you can have someone move in while the teen is in Uni then move them out when they graduate and move back in.
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

She will go to the Simbin with 20k but the elders won't die unless you play them while she's in Uni.
    Also, the items will remain on the lot (make sure to remove stuff from the elder's inventories before they die). If you want to play the elders in rotation, you can have someone move in while the teen is in Uni then move them out when they graduate and move back in.

Thanks! I was planning on waiting until the elders die before sending her to college because I was trying to get her every scholarship (one of them is for if you have dead parents) so I'll have to use a placeholder in the house I guess. Do you know if I can use a pet instead of a sim to hold the house for her?
    No, the pet will be taken if it's left alone when they die.
    edited February 2019
    Okay, I tested this again.... if you have a pet on the lot and send the Sim to University in Neighborhood view (not by phone on the lot), They can move back to the lot. The pet will stand in for a Sim and keep the lot open for your Sim to move back in without having to buy the lot back. :)
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    Okay, I tested this again.... if you have a pet on the lot and send the Sim to University in Neighborhood view (not by phone on the lot), They can move back to the lot. The pet will stand in for a Sim and keep the lot open for your Sim to move back in without having to buy the lot back. :)

Thank you very much!
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,718 Member

Really? I should remember that, I could make use that trick too eventually. :) Thanks Rflong.
    Banner.png
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    wow i didnt think a pet could be a place holder. thats good to know
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
    edited February 2019
    It also works for toddlers.
    I did use that years ago while playing the Prosperity challenge. I had rolled a family with 1 teen and 2 toddlers.
    He wouldn't have made it very well without growing up. :)

*Not using the phone on the lot (other than to get any grants) but in neighborhood view or in University view.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    edited February 2019
    nevermind, I am in the wrong forum