Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims bring home "0" dollars from work

I'm having an issue where I use a lot of modded careers and lately all of them have a glitch where, when my sim comes home, the notification reads something like 'Sabrina has brought home $0 and got a raise of $0 and a bonus of $300" Her pay and raise is always zero but the bonus is always an amount that goes into her bank account.

I did notice on one career mod that they said the script was fixed to fix the "0" dollar glitch and that was the first time I saw anyone say anything about that, I thought it was just in my game. Should I just take all my mods out? Is there a batch fix? It's messing with my game play as I have a couple of struggling families and they aren't making any money from their jobs so the challenge isn't really working how I want. Does anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Gunngirl wrote: »
    I'm having an issue where I use a lot of modded careers and lately all of them have a glitch where, when my sim comes home, the notification reads something like 'Sabrina has brought home $0 and got a raise of $0 and a bonus of $300" Her pay and raise is always zero but the bonus is always an amount that goes into her bank account.

I did notice on one career mod that they said the script was fixed to fix the "0" dollar glitch and that was the first time I saw anyone say anything about that, I thought it was just in my game. Should I just take all my mods out? Is there a batch fix? It's messing with my game play as I have a couple of struggling families and they aren't making any money from their jobs so the challenge isn't really working how I want. Does anyone else have this issue?

There is not a batch fix for careers. You need to update all of your career Mods. There was a patch in November that broke all Script Mods, the only way to fix it is with updated Mods. You can find a list of broken and updated Mods here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-famous-nov-18/p1
  • GunngirlGunngirl Posts: 32 Member
    Alright, thank you. I was about to take them all out and try to see if one was corrupting them all. But this makes sense. I will try this. Thank you for answering.
  • ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    Oh, I had the same problem with a mod that lowered salaries for more difficult/realistic gameplay. I think the creator is inactive now, though, serious bummer.