Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 vs Sims 4

191011121315...Next

Comments

• SimwatchSimwatch Posts: 6 New Member
    Sims 2 has a lot more charm than sims 4 in my opinon. Been playing it a lot lately and been living every minute of it.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Frankly, I love them both - 4 is really growing on me. I'll wait til 4 is complete before I compare. I skipped out on 3 entirely.
    From my OP:
    Comparing to that game, do you think Sims 4 is as good (comparing basegames of course), worse or better?

So, not the 'complete' games with all DLC, but purely the basegame. The frame so to speak, the rack. That's what I was wondering when I started this topic.

Oh do forgive me, but I can't remember what was in the base game of either at this point. I do know that I barely touched S4 until toddlers came out! So in order to compare, I have to go complete vs complete (or possibly almost complete) as it's just not something my memory wants to hold on to lol.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sims 2 is the far superior game at this point Sims 4 could have another 10 years and not come even close to the quality and details of Sims 2. What Sims 2 excelled at was detail everything we got was fleshed out and fun be it the Sims themselves retail which was so detailed even to the little things like sleeping where they would dream or cuddle they were not lifeless like now.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Frankly, I love them both - 4 is really growing on me. I'll wait til 4 is complete before I compare. I skipped out on 3 entirely.
    From my OP:
    Comparing to that game, do you think Sims 4 is as good (comparing basegames of course), worse or better?

So, not the 'complete' games with all DLC, but purely the basegame. The frame so to speak, the rack. That's what I was wondering when I started this topic.

Oh do forgive me, but I can't remember what was in the base game of either at this point. I do know that I barely touched S4 until toddlers came out! So in order to compare, I have to go complete vs complete (or possibly almost complete) as it's just not something my memory wants to hold on to lol.
    Yes, I understand that, same goes for me. When you play games long enough it all kind of merges, everything they add to it. Plus there's the question whether for instance toddlers should be considered basegame (some do) because they were patched in for free, but when I opened my topic no toddlers of course was a major part of why I was wondering how the two basegames compared, in September 2014. So before toddlers, before ghosts, before swimming pools.

I'd like to request to close this topic (@EA_Cian @EA_Lanna ), because it's clearly outdated, started in September 2014, and I'm not really interested anymore in receiving notifications for it. People could start a more updated similar topic if they want to? Thanks :)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The sims in TS2 got something a little weird, the therapist and the social bunny are things we will never see again in the series.

True, the games have become too politically correct to laugh at ourselves.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited February 2019
    I just went back to the Sims 2 and it is liberating!! This is how the Sims supposed to be!!
  • IndieblueIndieblue Posts: 29 Member
    I mean, ea wasnt greedy back then. In that respect sims2 is better because it is not a stripped off contents. And there was no dlc in dlc...