Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's something you wish was overhauled?

Comments

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Costumes. I want costumes as a separate outfit category that I can pick, instead of some being available for a certain kind of party if you have a certain stuff pack, and others being available on a certain holiday if you have a certain expansion pack, and a bunch of others sitting in the outfits never being used. I want venues and party types where the default dress code is costumes. Not a big thing, but it would make me happy.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited February 2019
    that's just me but there conten I find very useless in the game and that's just my opinion its ghost and the nude1 outfit those should be replace by more useful content Typo correcting a mistake
    Post edited by friendlysimmers on
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2019
    Trait, Trait and Trait, the traits in sims 4 are too shallow, sims dont have personality in the game except for a few traits such as slob and glutton, just compare genius trait in sims 3 vs in sims 4

Sims 3 version :
    Geniuses will perform better in the law enforcement, science and medical careers.
    Geniuses can create pixelized paintings using Paint Stylized Still-Life.
    Geniuses will praise their children more often for doing their homework, much like family-oriented Sims.
    This trait will provide a bonus to Sims writing in the science fiction genre.
    This trait will provide a bonus to Sims writing in the mystery genre.
    Geniuses prefer watching the history channel on the television.

Sims 4 Version :
    Genius Sims will randomly get the "Feeling Focused" moodlet.
    Genius Sims will get the "Unchallenged" moodlet if they haven't used mentally-stimulating interactions.
    Genius Sims can "Share Brilliant Ideas" and "Reveal Brilliant Invention" to other Sims.

lol.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    the hysteria death please! remove or make it harder to get! it is way too easy to get this atm. almost lost my 5 star musician three times because of the 5 star career perk because she keeps getting the playful moodlet, and i already avoid any form of playful mood or the joker trait atm because of this nonsense.

i also agree with the fellow above me: the traits are way too shallow and meaningless atm... well maybe not if autonomy is enabled but i grew tired of the sims unhealthy obsession with the computer and the sink so i disable autonomy pretty much all the times
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Traits and whims.
    I feel like they have been given shallow treatment over emotions.
    Sims had more distinct personalities in the other games. I loved that my couch potatoes loved to sit on the couch or kick back on the bed and watch TV. You could tell that it was their favorite thing to do. You could tell when sims had incompatible traits just by watching. Heck, you could tell their traits just by watching them.

As for their whims, I wish their personalities would also show through for the the things that they wish to do.

Oh and drama.
    It was always funny that enemies of your sim would steal their newspaper, gnome, or kick over their trash to get back at them.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    And for heaven's sake: REDUCE the urge of sims to continuously spam the weather talk socials! because if left alone sims will usually complain about the weather multiple times in a row to the point where even i as a spectator grow tired of it. nothing is as boring as people who talk about the ffing weather all the time! especially when on a date and it Always ruins the mood, even for me!
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    The entire game code. For bugs and issues. The more I play the more I come across issues. #sloppy
  • IiyonceIiyonce Posts: 32 Member
    I want the whole personality system overhaul. I miss the chemistry system from TS2 and having only a few points to choose traits made me feel like sims were different. I also miss having 5 personality traits and picking your favorite food and music.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2019
    I would definitely love to see a personality overhaul. Aspirations, traits, better whims, likes/dislikes... For me, TS4 Sims are appealing in appearance only. They're good for creating nice pictures. However, I would like so much more than nice aesthetics.

Sims in the other games always surprise me, it's as if they have little lives of their own. TS4 Sims are regrettably predictable and ultimately boring. However, since TS4 doesn't seem to be ending any time soon, I'm hoping that a future personality patch will surprise us all in the same way that toddlers did.

TS4 is already in its fifth year. Still, I always feel as if I'm waiting for the game to truly begin.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • The_RatticatorThe_Ratticator Posts: 28 Member
    edited February 2019
    As stated before in a thread of mine, I do think that the favorites need an overhaul. Here's how I would handle them:
    • We can choose our Sims' favorites. Like the option to declare a favorite movie genre, I think we should be able to declare their favorite drinks, foods, music genres, video games, TV channels, etc.
    • Whenever our Sims drink their favorite drinks, eat their favorite foods, play their favorite video game, watch their favorite TV channel, watch movies of their favorite genre, or listen to music of their favorite genre, they get a strong happy moodlet from doing so. Conversely, should Sims eat their favorite food when it's poor quality, same with drinking their favorite drink when it's poor quality, they'll get a stronger uncomfortable moodlet from it than normal.
    • Favorites affect autonomy. Sims will be more likely to autonomously tune in to their favorite TV channel, play their favorite video game, put on movies of their favorite genre, or listen to their favorite music genre. When Sims have a favorite drink, that will usually be the drink that they decide to autonomously order from bars, and the drink that they will often make if they have their own bar at home. If their favorite drink happens to be water, orange juice, or milk, they'll often grab said drink from the sink or fridge when they get hungry. When hungry, they will also often choose to autonomously make their favorite food. If it happens to be a quick meal, they'll just grab it from the fridge.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I would definitely love to see a personality overhaul. Aspirations, traits, better whims, likes/dislikes... For me, TS4 Sims are appealing in appearance only. They're good for creating nice pictures. However, I would like so much more than nice aesthetics.

Sims in the other games always surprise me, it's as if they have little lives of their own. TS4 Sims are regrettably predictable and ultimately boring. However, since TS4 doesn't seem to be ending any time soon, I'm hoping that a future personality patch will surprise us all in the same way that toddlers did.

TS4 is already in its fifth year. Still, I always feel as if I'm waiting for the game to truly begin.

Thank's god, me too I need an overhaul on personalities.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    The comedy skill. I'm so tired of selecting friendly introduction and learning the comedy skill. Make it so we have to select 'tell a joke' to learn the skill.
  • FifinezFifinez Posts: 59 Member
    So many good suggestions in this thread! Here are some from the top of my head:
    • The memory system. I honestly have no idea what was going through the devs' heads when they decided to "update" it. Removing the ability to choose the emotion associated with a memory in favor of the game assigning it was a really bad move. On top of that, the current image manager is unorganized and tedious to scroll through. The whole system seemed like a cool feature at first, but after they ruined it I just quit using it entirely. I would also like to see something similar to TS2 memories, like some kind of record of all the major events in a sim's life. I like how in TS2, I can just open their memories panel and look back on their entire life story.
    • Like many of you have already said, the illness system. Right now it's... just useless and adds no drama to the game. Illnesses should be more consistent and potentially dangerous, not just a silly rash and a mild moodlet to go with it. I also hate how the game doesn't recognize the sim as sick when there is no illness moodlet in play. Also, let our sims visit the hospital!
    • Stronger moodlets! Important, negative moodlets are just too easily overridden by nice decor and a good meal. There could be primary emotions, with such a high value (like sleeping) that it would be impossible to override or ignore them. For example: when your sim's spouse dies, they will be sad +1000 for 4 days, a sick sim will be dazed or uncomfortable +1000 for 24 hours, etc. That would add more realism. On a side note, the dazed emotion could be expanded a little, currently it doesn't do much. Maybe more actions could be disabled, sims could be stumbling or passing out, etc. I just love seeing my sims struggle. >:)
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    gnelso1239 wrote: »
    The entire game code. For bugs and issues. The more I play the more I come across issues. #sloppy

+1

Example 1. The shower from get famous = tell your sim to take a shower, sim stands in front of shower and changes their clothes so you have to tell the sim to take a shower again.

Example 2. Vlad knocking at the door when sim is sleeping in the daytime = Vlad stands at the door in the sun until he burns to death.

Example 3. sim using the sleep pod and getting stuck when exiting = only way to get sim to move again is go jogging or travel.
  • Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    This thread shows how desperately lacking traits, emotions and whims truly are. Every sim feels the same, no matter how different they look or the traits they have.

Likes/dislikes
    Relevant whims not random stuff
    Dating compatibility system
    More traits and trait slots
    Fears and a fear emotion
    Favourite foods or whatever as long as we can choose

I sound like a broken record, but if we don't say something nothing will change.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    This thread shows how desperately lacking traits, emotions and whims truly are. Every sim feels the same, no matter how different they look or the traits they have.

Likes/dislikes
    Relevant whims not random stuff
    Dating compatibility system
    More traits and trait slots
    Fears and a fear emotion
    Favourite foods or whatever as long as we can choose

I sound like a broken record, but if we don't say something nothing will change.

Same, I will repeat it as much as I can, we need proper personalities! Better whims, impactful traits, likes/dislikes on activities, memory, attraction system and all the rest in the other threads about better personalities.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    1. Personalities/traits (make traits have more impact)
    2. Aliens (make them work similar to vampires)
    3. Plantsims (see #2)
    4. Babies (mainly I just want them to be able to leave the bassinet and crawl bc toddlers are quite old since they can walk)
    5. Whims (I know they can be turned off but I'd actually like to use them if they have real positive and negative impacts, not just wanting to buy a pool ladder)
    6. Emotions (they cycle through too quickly, they overtake personalities because traits are weak, so everyone acts the same. Moodlet stacking I HATE. I wish moodlets had never been a thing, but they are. It's what makes emotions irrelevant, because of stacking)
    7. Multitasking is the opposite of what it should be, and everything takes twice as long
    8. GTW and other older packs keep getting shafted and buggy everytime there's a new pack. Please just take care of GTW it has so many problems (scientist career is super mega broken in like three different ways at least that I know of, and retail is impossible when all the Sims stand around in a gossip circle never buying anything, ever) but I love it and want it to be better ♥️
    9. Everything else mentioned in above responses: why can't sick Sims go to the hospital, memories, game bugs, etc...
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    with regards to the traits i find it preposterous that an active sim does not gain fun from exercising unless we buy the gym rat trait. as it stands now, all the active trait does is give a random tense or energised moodlet depending on when they last exercised. thats just one example to add to the ever expanding need for traits to mean something in sims 4. they may as well get rid of the lot given how little they add to the game right now
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited March 2019
    Oh, so many things...

*Traits/Personalities/Whims/Emotions. I find it amusing that they couldn't figure out how to fix whims, so they just turned them off by default. The Emotions overpower the traits and even then the traits don't add much to the game. I could go on and on about this.

*Reactions, which probably goes back into traits/personality. There's only a few ways a sim can react to things that I don't think tie in to traits at all, but sometimes they don't react to things at all.

*Life stages that aren't Young Adult need more life to them. I was thinking that Adult was like a Middle Aged sort of thing, but it's actually not...so what's the point of it? Does it really need to be the same number of days as YA when it adds nothing new to gameplay? (And of course, Baby, Child, Teen and Elder are missing a ton of things...)

*Interactions and animations with things. Which, again, probably goes back into traits/personality/emotions. The animations are mostly based on emotion and not trait and the traits only exist to power emotions. It's hard for me to put this one into words, but I know something's wrong with this.

*Death...I hate when I can't find my sim's parents graves because they died on a different lot. I hate when a dead sim invites me to hang out. I hate when a dead sim invites me to go to their house when we live on the same lot. The last two were probably intended and aren't too bad, I just don't like it haha. The first one is purely frustrating.

*Piggybacking off the last one, text messages. Shouldn't you only get texts from people you know? Why does Vlad have my number? They happen too frequently and it's always someone inviting me out. Doesn't anyone ever call just to chat? Silencing the phone doesn't stop the texts, they just stop the sound. Also, isn't there an interaction called 'Exchange Phone Numbers'? What does that even mean?

And that's some of my overhaul list. This doesn't even include things that should be added to the game to give it more life like favorites, chemistry, memories, etc.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2019
    The Scientist Career, expand it to include Supernatural Life States too, and have experiments relating to them.
    More experiments and things to invent in general. same with Woodworking/Handiness
    Could be Small and Big Things: The wheel, The Light Bulb, The Camera, The Phone, The Internet so many things.

The Retail, Restaurant, Butler Employment.
    Being able to Hire anyone you want, Friends, Family, played Household or Not.
    I'm very particular when it comes to my characters, when I play I want to see familiar faces, my sims, not randomized game generated sims. It's sad that I created sims to fulfill a certain role, but they can't.

Reform, the Detective Career too, more so adding things to do at work.
    Doing a graveyard shift at a Museum, Being a Security Guard to an Event.
    More break ins with more serious scenarios.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Man, I miss the wants and fears system of TS2. It was such a solid feature, not just a "oh, let me meet a new sim to get 25 reward points". Also the aspiration rewards, they were so much fun. TS3 and TS4 went backwards on such a solid system.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2019
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I like all of the suggestions mentioned above! I'd also add an overhaul to the idle animations, they take away so much time out of Sims' day. The most irritating for me are in relation to cooking and eating. It's cool my Sim has leveled up in cooking and has all these added things they can do such as; throwing knives/bowls around, rolling bowls on their shoulders, spinning a bowl with their spoon, tapping the pot after flinging it around by the handle, holstering spices like a gunslinger and stuff.

That alone takes so much time, but do they then have to stop inbetween each one of these added animations to stand with fists on their hips and look all confident and obnoxious and/or laugh too? Or just stand and stare for awhile at the bowl, the wall, a painting, etc.? And when they eat they do the same thing, stop eating, look around, laugh at nothing, take a bite, lather, rinse and repeat. Just eat for God's sake! lol

Yeah those slow idle animations and Sims just standing around doing nothing/ giggling in between are also annoying me.
    It consumes so much time!
    a256aFi.gif
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    Overhaul the length of time it takes the sims to do anything
    Get rid of the stand and stare into space animation
    Stop putting my sims into random outfits with stupid hats when i am not playing that family
    Totally overhaul the dating , so we can have couples dancing , romantic meals where they can sit together and cuddle or feed each other , or like earlier versions even throw food at each other
    Overhaul the eating to stop sims going up three floors to eat sat on the bed because the toddler is asleep in it
    Proper plantsims without the need for that huge tree stuck on your lots to get the seed ( make it a normal size tree )
    Fix the gardening properly ( especially the plants at the science lab , they never ever need tending or grow fruit or flowers )
    Stop having random unwanted townies knocking at your door at all times of day or night
    The chance cards are a total waste after you have seen them before the answer is always the same
    Stop sims who dont know mine ringing up to say i see you became friends with x , y or z , how the hell did they get my sims mobile phone number
    i said it before probabely, but i really want this aggrevating mechanic where you are constantly forced to watch celebrities perform or dance GONE!! i want it totally removed from the game because it is extremely annoying. sure i can cancel and move on, but this crud just never ffing stops and there is absolutely no point to this at all: the celeb gains nothing but a bunch of id10ts standing around them (no fame points or even some moodlet) and the ones who watch also gain nothing at all, not even fun, and it often gets sims stuck in this as well even when the celeb isn't even there anymore. lounges and nightclubs are a nightmare atm because of this nonsense.
  • KeturahKittyKeturahKitty Posts: 22 Member
    I would love to see an overhaul of all things Toddler related. Toddlers shouldn't be able to control the autonomous actions of adult Sims. For example: demanding to be let out of the highchair. They sit there while my Sim makes food, but then their highchair time is up and I can't feed them without them demanding to be let out all the time. Really, the toddler thing is frustrating and I stop playing every time. Yes, I know I don't have to use the high chair, but the whole toddler's having to find a seat to sit on to eat, rather than just on the floor like a real toddler would, is also frustrating. And waiting for them to put every.single.thing.down on the FARTHEST surface area is also frustrating.
    If you can't tell, I've been doing the 100 baby challenge haha. Also, I wish there was an option to disable the monster under the bed thing. It occurs way too often. PLEASE SAVE ME MY TODDLERS HAVE TOO MUCH CONTROL!

In general, I'd like an autonomy overhaul. I'd also love to see, like many here, an overhaul of the emotions in the game. It's too easy for my Sim to die from being too 'Playful' or angry and etc. Also, it'd be great if cell phones were optional and not automatically given to each sim.
    The option to build up your neighborhood before you start a new game would also be nice. Maybe I like where the Landgraab's live and want to grab their land (haha).

Also, I wish there was an option to disable the monster under the bed thing. It occurs way too often.