Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some good hashtags to use in the search on the gallery?

I have been giving the homes in my game save a makeover, mostly using nice homes in the gallery. But I have noticed that most of those homes are quite expensive for a sim to move in. This makes it impossible for me to move a sim in without using a money cheat of some type or another. I'm wanting to revamp some of those lots so there will be more options for any sim to move in, mainly the ones that I am playing. What are some good hashtags to use in the search in the gallery?

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I tend to use and look up residential lots that have #starterhome #singlesimhome. Though I also use the filter for lots under 20k. Some of the tiny home builds for a single sim is pretty nice too.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Use the provided filters. There are plenty if you filter the lot size and price range. The only other keywords or hashtags that I may use to search are the number of desired bedrooms.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    You could also try the combination of filtering for homes under 20k, and searching the hashtag #furnished, so you won't end up with a home in starter price range that is otherwise empty.
    I never really search for houses on the gallery, as I always build my home, but I do always use hashtags to indicate whether or not my lots are furnished, what the general price range is and how many bedrooms and bathrooms they have. Problem is, you can only search for one hashtag at the same time, so that kind of limits the usabilty of the feature.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    You could also look for homes just outside the starter home range and place them as unfurnished then furnish them yourself while staying within the budget; that can add the challenge of gradually upgrading the items for better quality/comfort/etc. Do you get the better fridge so you don’t get the bad taste, or get a better bed to avoid sore back?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    When I'm on the search for a house on the gallery, I always look up a hashtag to how many bedrooms it is. #4bedroom #2bedroom

I wish there was a way to filter it out by how many bedrooms it has, but at least a good amount of people use the bedroom hashtags and with the cash filters, I usually don't have a hard time finding something I like.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    I rarely use hashtags because it seems everyone adds as many as they can think of so their builds will pop up. Some of them have nothing at all to do with the particular hashtag. :p Never thought to search for number of bedrooms. Will try that next time.
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    I like to look at #playertested for lots. I use to download homes and found my Sims could not easily move around in from too much clutter or other factors. I know this is used for players who actually use the homes they made to make sure they are livable.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2019
    #Starter is a good hashtag, though remember to check the lot price/capacity because it might not actually be affordable on starting cash. (You get 20k + 2k per additional sim + have to subtract the price of the empty lot too)

#Familyof3/#Familyof5 are ones I use alond with #2bed/#3bed etc. because It might only have 3 bedrooms, but could hold 6 sims (double+2 twin rooms).

I use the word #budget or #under10k in the starter for houses that leave a good chunk of starting cash (e.g. for if you wanted to buy a business right off)

Other good hashtags are style related or location based. #desert #WillowCreek #coast #rural #suburban #industrial #modern etc. Oiginal lot names like #ComfyCubby or #18Culpepper if you are looking for something designed for that lot. (Apartments are shared as rooms)

There are also loads of lots with the #BuildNewcrest hashtag from the challnege based on filling that world.
  • mrsr99tsomrsr99tso Posts: 219 Member
    If you go to upload an item to the gallery and a #(insert name here) is already there and I didn't add it what does that mean? Is it because it's trending?
  • Walrus2096Walrus2096 Posts: 89 Member
    I find hashtags very useful when looking for things on the gallery, but I know there are very few people who use that feature as much as me, haha. If I want to find something in a modern style, I'll search #modern. If I want a farmhouse, I'll try #farm, #farmhouse, #barn, etc. This helps me find things that would otherwise be buried in the mess of the gallery.

I hate that you can only search by "Most Popular" and "Popular Now," because I prefer to download newer things (within the last year or so), but not necessarily within the one week time-frame included in Popular Now. Hashtagging effectively helps people like me find those diamonds in the rough :) One thing I've done before is searching for #glassroof and #skylight/#skylights, because that ruled out most things that came before the Seasons update!

It's true that people use waaay too many irrelevant hashtags--especially for sims, I've found. Obviously, using ones that don't apply is blatantly self-serving, but there's nothing wrong with a long list, IMO! You never know how other people's brains are going to work in terms of the word they decide to search, but if you enjoy sharing your creations, it's probably best to think of as many as you can that make your build unique :) Is there a greenhouse? A pool? An art studio? Sometimes I use hashtags like that in my builds in case someone is looking for a home with a specific feature, but isn't as tied to the style. Just some thoughts; obviously, do whatever works best for you!
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    > @mrsr99tso said:
    > If you go to upload an item to the gallery and a #(insert name here) is already there and I didn't add it what does that mean? Is it because it's trending?

It's just preprogrammed into the game. I find that the breeds in Cats and Dogs do that. You can delete it and make your own. It doens't mean its trending. Go to News and then the bottom right pane will show you what's trending.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I would love if people included more tags to describe the style of their build. Not just "starter" but "colonial" "porch" "dutch" "Tudor" "plantation" etc. A tag with the number of bathrooms and beds could be useful too when trying to find a specific fams house e.g. #2BA (bath) #3BE(bed).

I also wish people used #starter and #budget properly. I'd expect houses with that tag to actually be within the budget of a fresh cas family but find several that aren't. Ones that aren't budget and require some extra cash should be #affordable or something.

For sims themselves I like differentiation in #family #single #roomies and then their job if they have themed outfits (detective clothes, athlete)
    caitytrina.png
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I have a save where I am creating a world replacing all Sims and many lots, with new ones. To do this, I have to use cheats for the wealthier Sims in the world. Now that I have an open gallery I have lot more flexibility. I also have a no cheat save and since I am not a good builder I have a lot more lots to choose from.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I rarely use hashtags because it seems everyone adds as many as they can think of so their builds will pop up. Some of them have nothing at all to do with the particular hashtag. :p Never thought to search for number of bedrooms. Will try that next time.

The amount of times I have searched #vampire only to find a load of plain old sims tagged with that!

My personal struggle is finding a good hashtag to filter for males only.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    When I search a new home for my Sims I usually filter residential lots, the price range, maybe a lot size if I have a specific lot in mind and I use hashtag #playtested.
    If I'm looking for a cheap starter home I don't need to use the hashtag because I can usually see on the gallery pics already if there is too much clutter that's going to cause problems, but looking for bigger homes #playtested hashtag is a must.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I love using hastags in my searches and in lot descriptions as well. Makes things essier to find. It was already mentioned but one of my favourites is to search by the original lot name. Sometimes people have made the landscaping so that it fits best for that particular lot. I usually check the lot names online.