Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mourning

Someone for the love of all that is Holy please tell me there is a mod or a cheat out there to turn off or customize this dang mourning. I am so sick of my Sim constantly in mourning. Sims die!!!! I get it but why does my Sim forever need to be in mourning. It messes up everything. She doesn't want to perform half of the actions because of her mood. This should of been fixed by now. Ruining my gameplay.

Origin ID: cherrylush
srLMvZf.gif

Comments

• DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    I know what you mean. Once my Sims' friends start dying from old age, they're all dying one after the other, and then my Sim is very sad ALL OF THE TIME! Like... after so long I'm surprised the Sim doesn't die from depression or something honestly.
  • Suffice123Suffice123 Posts: 214 Member
    I know what you mean. Once my Sims' friends start dying from old age, they're all dying one after the other, and then my Sim is very sad ALL OF THE TIME! Like... after so long I'm surprised the Sim doesn't die from depression or something honestly.

Seriously! One after the other. I had one die a few days ago. Another today while she was on set. Then maybe six hours later she literally got 4 different calls for someones death. I should be able to customize who I mourn over and for how long. Why would I be mourning over someone I spoke to once? Makes no sense.

srLMvZf.gif

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Features just seem to be thrown into the game without undergoing any adjustment to make the gameplay balanced.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    There’s a mod called UI Cheats Extension that allows you to delete moodlets with a click of the mouse. Very useful. I downloaded it for this exact reason.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I thought they edited it to make it better in the November 13 patch?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I don't think Snaitif's mod for disabling mourning entirely works anymore. So your best bet is to take @AfterMidnight suggestion or you can go to MC tuner in MCCC to disable specific autonous actions with sims as well.

Thought the mourning got better since my sim had a pet that died but she only ever mourns at it once every two days or so.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I've had some npc deaths in my game recently, and my active sim only mourned his friends and not sims that had the relationship bar just below friendship level. So for me it works out quite alright.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    or simple just turn off aging fully and disable death in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I thought they edited it to make it better in the November 13 patch?

Well if they did it didn't work.

srLMvZf.gif

EmmaVane wrote: »

Ugh!! Thank you! I'm about to try it out right now. Cause it was driving me crazy.

srLMvZf.gif

Eh...Makes the gameplay boring. I like different Sims. I don't want my kids and grandkids dating the same Sims that I did lol

srLMvZf.gif

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Suffice123 wrote: »

Eh...Makes the gameplay boring. I like different Sims. I don't want my kids and grandkids dating the same Sims that I did lol

Yeah, I enjoy watching the generations develop and seeing sims go through the life cycle. I don't want to have to manually age them up every time. When I'm in the mood for an immortal sim, I make a vampire.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    EmmaVane wrote: »

It worked! A good friend just passed away and the mourning is only for four hours and it didn't completely take over her mood. Thanks so much!

srLMvZf.gif

Yeah, I enjoy watching the generations develop and seeing sims go through the life cycle. I don't want to have to manually age them up every time. When I'm in the mood for an immortal sim, I make a vampire.

Agreed. And especially with Get Famous. I'm seeing a lot of Sims that are normally single now in relationships with kids. I also have a foster kid mod so I get notifications when families adopt kids. I also spotted a new Landgrabb child, a female. So I like to see new Sims and stuff. Makes it more interesting and it gives more options for relationships.

srLMvZf.gif

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Someone for the love of all that is Holy please tell me there is a mod or a cheat out there to turn off or customize this dang mourning. I am so sick of my Sim constantly in mourning. Sims die!!!! I get it but why does my Sim forever need to be in mourning. It messes up everything. She doesn't want to perform half of the actions because of her mood. This should of been fixed by now. Ruining my gameplay.

Agreed. My sim is frequently in mourning for sims she's either never, or barely ever, even met! I get that death is sad, but I don't pick up the Obituaries page every morning and go into mourning for random people I've never met before. I feel bad for them and their families, but not personal grief...
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

Agreed. My sim is frequently in mourning for sims she's either never, or barely ever, even met! I get that death is sad, but I don't pick up the Obituaries page every morning and go into mourning for random people I've never met before. I feel bad for them and their families, but not personal grief...

If you scroll up and download that mod EmmaVane posted its been working for me. I really dont mind so much that they mourn i just hate when it takes over my whole Sim and they wont do a lot of options because of their mood. But the mod works well. I've posted about this before and there was no solution. Im glad Emma saw it cause it was getting on my nerves and continuously buying a mood stabilizer with inspiration points was a complete waste.

srLMvZf.gif