Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stalls need vendors on public lots

It looks like when I place a food stall on a public lot, it is not automatically populated by a NPC. Instead I am required to hire the person for $100. I was in the middle of building a nice shopping center when I got the suspicion that it would not work. I was right. It doesn't make sense for my sim to hire a person for $100 when it is a public lot.

Food stalls seem to populate when they are placed in common areas in the neighborhood. Do I need to assign the lot as lounge or something? Right now it is generic lot. Bars seem to auto-populate when I place it in a lounge or restaurant.

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I gave up trying to use food stalls on my Lots. Very sad.

I hope someone can come in and tell us how to make them work without needing the hire.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Exactly. Having to hire venders seems weird and they should come automatically with the stall.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think that littlemssam has mod that calls vendors to the food stands and you don't have to pay for them. https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175407521658/free-staff-and-no-phone-call-animation-for
    I do hope that the devs are working on it -- it's not an actual bug just functionality they overlooked.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I'm also hoping for an update like that. Food stands and also bars should be tended on all public lots. I understand having different community lot types but these objects should function on all of them.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I think littlemssams has a mod to assign npc automatically for cafe, instrument and vendor etc, just downloaded mine few days ago but i have yet to play regularly these past few days so i cannot check if it really works
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yeah, ah so many things to improve in this game.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    We definitely need NPCs to automatically man the stlalls. They do it at festivals so why not any other time you place one?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    We definitely need NPCs to automatically man the stlalls. They do it at festivals so why not any other time you place one?

I have a feeling it is because we can place them and with the festivale - the game places them.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I have a feeling it is because we can place them and with the festivale - the game places them.

Maybe. I wish it was automatic though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    i saw a few but in the weirdest spots it won't be not in a parks but like in gardens area or be cross the street from my sims house..i found strange but unno why either i have put in a park but do i agree why should we maybe it should be automatic.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    i definitely agree that a vendor should automatically man a stall placed on a public lot. i fully expected it to work when i placed a stall on one of my public lots a while back, because why shouldn't it? i hope this can be fixed in an update soon
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Maybe. I wish it was automatic though.

Agree - it should be especially when we place in a public area.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2019
    How come this game doesn't have NPC place holders to add them to any community lot where the objects are placed? It's something modders did many years ago. (For things not in the game but required a NPC). Older games had place holders to add the clerk, etc. It's not that hard, is it?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    What I usually do is hire a vendor and then use UI cheats to add the $100 back to household funds. Not perfect but but a work-around if you don't mind using a mod. And yeah, I know we shouldn't have to rely on a mod but it is what it is. For the time being. :)

I also use the UI mod to deduct funds whenever my sims visit a community lot that I think should have a cover charge or membership fee.
    What I usually do is hire a vendor and then use UI cheats to add the $100 back to household funds. Not perfect but but a work-around if you don't mind using a mod. And yeah, I know we shouldn't have to rely on a mod but it is what it is. For the time being. :)

I also use the UI mod to deduct funds whenever my sims visit a community lot that I think should have a cover charge or membership fee.

The problem with hiring a NPC to run a food cart or the other stuff before CL, is Sims on the lot don't use them as much as we would think and the only one eating from a cafe thing, is my Sim.
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Has this ever been fixed?
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Nope. I was just having this problem. Not only do I have to spend money to hire but they don't stay open long.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I think littlemssams has a mod to assign npc automatically for cafe, instrument and vendor etc, just downloaded mine few days ago but i have yet to play regularly these past few days so i cannot check if it really works

This mod works great for auto spawning bartenders and baristas but it does NOT work for food stalls even though it claims to. You still have to hire a food stall worker and pay and only one food stall worker will work at one time so having a food stall court will not work. So frustrating!
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited April 2020
    This has not had a new post in awhile but it is a relevant topic. If there is a better place for me to post suggestions please let me know. Not having auto spawn workers tied to objects needs to be addressed by EA. It makes it impossible to PLAY builds. Yes, we can build all the most gorgeous spots you can imagine but then what's the point when you can't play any of them??? You go to these awesome builds and there's nothing to do! EA make your game playable please!

Actually I finally got littleMSsams auto spawn workers functioning. I didnt realize you have to prompt them to arrive by clicking on a door. I thought having the lot trait was all that was needed. It works! You can have a fully functioning arts venue with live music, food stalls, baristas, bartenders etc...so very awesome!
    Post edited by soko37 on
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, it sucks. When I create a public lot, it's with the idea that it will be alive and functional as a public lot
  • love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    edited June 2020
    I came to the forum looking for this to see if it's a recent bug that was brought on by the recent EP! I've never added a food stall until today. I just go to the game festivals for them.

I've been playing a lot recently because I'm stuck at home because I have/had coronavirus. So I've really been into sprucing up the current public lots. So I changed one of the parks to make it a teenaged hangout spot. Of course they're going to get hungry so I added the American food stall. I send my twin girls there and no one came to open the stall so I clicked it and up pops hire vendor for $100. Like what.... it's a public lot. Why should they have to hire someone and on top of that pay for whatever food they order.

So I wanted to try something else. Will I have to hire a vendor everytime I send someone there? YES (pulls out hair) Really EA! You can't fix this. The modders sure knows how! I don't use mods, I always have the worst luck with them! UGH!!
  • RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    Yes, this is frustrating and disappointing. I don't remember this being a problem in TS3 or TS2. I hope they do a patch that fixes this. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but in TS2 or 3, when you built a community lot with a buffet table, and then your sims showed up to it, wasn't the buffet table already stocked with food for your sims to eat? Unlike now, where you have to stock it yourself. Similar kind of problem.
    edited June 2020
    This has been a request since GT, (cafe vendor) I assume they aren't ever going to change it. I had a very nice park with all sorts of things to do on it and had to hire workers so Sims could eat there. It's been years and still no attention to this request.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I read on the forum that they now work with the new community spaces lot type when it's set as a market. Haven't tried it my game yet.
  • bratt_sniperbratt_sniper Posts: 349 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I read on the forum that they now work with the new community spaces lot type when it's set as a market. Haven't tried it my game yet.

Hi! I couldn't find the option designated as market :(