Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outerwear In Seasons

So, I’ve noticed that each time I set an outerwear style for a sim and I leave that household to play another, when I see them walking around the neighborhood they’re wearing a COMPLETELY different outerwear outfit.

Is this a glitch?

It wouldn’t bother me as much if the randomized outfits didn’t look so ugly lol

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    It's not just outerwear.

Very annoying when you take the trouble to go in and edit other sims so they dont look ridiculous and the next time you spot them they are wearing an orange turban, purple skirt and green trainers.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    It's not just outerwear.

Very annoying when you take the trouble to go in and edit other sims so they dont look ridiculous and the next time you spot them they are wearing an orange turban, purple skirt and green trainers.

Aren't the random outfits tied to festival days with City Living? They are almost always a hideous mix though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It's not just outerwear.

Aren't the random outfits tied to festival days with City Living? They are almost always a hideous mix though.

Yes, but it's not only festivals. Random outfits are also called upon when sims are walking by on the street, or when it's raining out.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I've also had the case where I returned to a previously played household, and one of the sims there was suddenly wearing a new outfit that I certainly didn't put together, and that wasn't even in his outfit selection when I told him to change.

Oh, and the excessive use of accessories on randomly generated outfits has to stop. Everyone is dripping with jewellery, it's ridiculous! It's even worse with some of my downloaded CC, which includes weapons, but the creators forgot to not allow them for random, so now it's no longer unusual in my game to see the kind elderly lady next door run around with a shotgun...
  • Options
    JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    Oh, and the excessive use of accessories on randomly generated outfits has to stop. Everyone is dripping with jewellery, it's ridiculous!

OMG YES!

That’s what makes me so annoyed, the excessive use of jewelry. Sometimes Sims would be wearing sunglasses in the Winter time.

And after making all the effort to create well put together outfits, they still leave the house looking crazy.

There needs to be a patch that fixes this issue because it’s annoying.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I dont know why they felt the need to include accessories in the generated outfits anyway. I think majority of us would rather see no accessories than this horrific amount.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    I've also had the case where I returned to a previously played household, and one of the sims there was suddenly wearing a new outfit that I certainly didn't put together, and that wasn't even in his outfit selection when I told him to change.

I play rotationally and that happens to me every single time I switch houses and someone in that house is also always wearing the round holiday hat too which isn't in their selection either.

Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg