Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA to release 20 new content drops and Expansions in fiscal 2020

Comments

• Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    While I like to hear it's getting more content, I am very worried that since they are making so much that they will pretty much be half-baked as the rest of the stuff...

I agree. New, usable content is good. More bugs on top of more bugs, reskinned fluff, or clutter items to filter through is not.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Honestly, instead of dropping free content, I'd rather they drop a beautiful magic EP on us. And soon. ;)

No jk, I'm actually having fun with the game when I do get around to playing it, but seriously though, without the SP/GP crowd, it does kinda feel like we're just gonna have to wait it out til the next EP drops to get real gameplay additions. Not that I mind having 2 EPs a year, and far less of the rest, but I would have also been fine with two EPs and two GPs a year :joy:
  • awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    Everyone always complains that the sims isnt like an older sims. The whole point of making a new sims is to make it different!
    Yeah, some things are cool to have forwarded to a new game like cars and such, but not everything. May as well play the old sims games if that's the case!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited February 2019
    awlchick wrote: »
    Everyone always complains that the sims isnt like an older sims. The whole point of making a new sims is to make it different!
    Yeah, some things are cool to have forwarded to a new game like cars and such, but not everything. May as well play the old sims games if that's the case!

While I agree that no game is the same, I also think ''Never change a winning team''.

Also, The Sims 4 is supposed to be a sequel

''A sequel is a literature, film, theatre, television, music or video game that continues the story of, or expands upon, some earlier work.''

And with The Sims 4, in my opinion they didn't expand upon anything, they only took away the good stuff because they wanted to make this game Online and had little to no time left to turn it around to a fully amazing offline Sims game.

When the foundation is broken they can only do so much to ''fix'' it. So far the only thing I see happening is they keep adding more fluff to the game in the form of objects, but the core of the game, the part where the problems are, they are unable or unwilling to fix.
    Post edited by rudy8292 on
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    While I like to hear it's getting more content, I am very worried that since they are making so much that they will pretty much be half-baked as the rest of the stuff...

I agree. New, usable content is good. More bugs on top of more bugs, reskinned fluff, or clutter items to filter through is not.

Rushjob packs are also not good.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited February 2019
    Keep in mind this announcement is for the investors, it's only in order to encourage them to keep on supporting EA.
    There is no gain to worry the investors.

That is only an Illusion Show.
    I wonder what percentage of the content drops will be EPs though.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2019
    Meh, I hope this is their "TS3 in 2012", where they just release a ton of content before pretty much wrapping up the iteration.

It's hard to play any Sims game for me, personally. TS2 is wonderful in virtually every way, but I've played it so much since 2005. TS3, I've played a ton too, but it doesn't perform too great due to poor optimization. And then you have TS4 which somehow still performs poorly despite having the least amount of content. There is also the fact it doesn't feel like a challenging simulator game at all, and lacks actual game design.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Shame it is not TS5 really. I mean by next year TS4 would be 5 years old and well, still not got your cars, Open World, proper teenagers, life like babies or even CASt. That is appalling :(

It does seem that they are moving away from TS4 though in the number of content coming for it.

Open world was never meant to be a part of this iteration...
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

And with The Sims 4, in my opinion they didn't expand upon anything, they only took away the good stuff because they wanted to make this game Online and had little to no time left to turn it around to a fully amazing offline Sims game.

See this is why I want a new base game I think Maxis we’re kinda forced by the powers that be to make an online game as at that time EA had this idea that all games should be online and then the company line changed and suddenly the sims 4 is going to be a single player game and because they already had the engine for this online game and it was so far in development they had to release it.

I want the Sims 5 so that we get the game that the devs wanted to make and I just don’t think that’s the Sims 4
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    CK213 wrote: »
    University
    Witches
    Farming
    Tropical Vacation
    Future Technology
    Something entirely new.

This is what I would like for the completion of this series.
    I would love to see University and Witches this year.
    I have no idea what EA is doing and what we can expect. I just play other game and check in from time to time.
    I start playing again when something new drops... for about 4-6 weeks.

I don't want a Future EP again.

And your list leaves a lot of stuff out. I would like another vacation EP, not just another vacation GP, with more than one vacation world but that might not happen sadly. And I would like a Freetime EP too. Also kind of sad that other iterations had many lifestates but TS4 only has 3 (ghost, alien, vampire) plus 2 temporary ones (plantsims and skeletons) .
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    mika wrote: »
    Shame it is not TS5 really. I mean by next year TS4 would be 5 years old and well, still not got your cars, Open World, proper teenagers, life like babies or even CASt. That is appalling :(

It does seem that they are moving away from TS4 though in the number of content coming for it.

Open world was never meant to be a part of this iteration...

Yes, open world is never coming to TS4 nor open neighborhoods, that has already been disclosed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Keep in mind this announcement is for the investors, it's only in order to encourage them to keep on supporting EA.
    There is no gain to worry the investors.

That is only an Illusion Show.

Yeah, and as someone just pointed out this also sounds like when they told us how many packs would be released the last year of TS3. They went ahead and told us everything. We knew a sequel was coming and the investors knew there was a sequel coming and how many things would be released before they wrapped it up.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    If TS4 was this rushed, I don't see any incentive for EA to make TS5 any better.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member

Well, you think it would be cool to have "cars and such" forwarded. Someone else might enjoy such and such forwarded, this person over here likes these things forwarded, that person over there a whole other set of content forwarded...
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Please don’t say you all. I actually enjoyed getting a stuff pack each month they didn’t have an expansion or game pack.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    As long as we get 2 expansions and at least 1 game pack that's not witches I will be happy I'm fine losing stuff packs even though I don't believe they are done with them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Doesn't sound good for Game and Stuffpacks cause they weren't mentioned.

They mentioned this before in their financial reports, but every piece of DLC are ''Expansion Packs'' to them.

No way they are going to release a ton of (real) EP's in 1 year of time. 2, MAYBE 3 at most.
    I think what it meant are 2 EPs and 20 free content drops.

Thet probably doesn't mean the whole PC. They have a console, and mobile. For stuff packs, it won't surprise me they stop doing them entirely. Some were interesting, but a lot of them were meh.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    beville wrote: »
    So it's been a whole year now since we seen a game and stuff pack, are we not getting them any more? Because I was hoping for witches and I know they're not coming in no free content. ;) Are they still or are they not making any more game and stuff pack ? That is the question. Cuz these free content they're not cutting it.

I think they've been re-evaluating SPs after the MFP debacle. I enjoy the pack but I can see where it was controversial for those who didn't have or want C&D to be paying for unusable content. When they return they'll be stronger and no "DLC for DLC" aspects (maybe rhere'll be items that work with existing content, the way Get Famous ties in well with Vintage Glamour but you can play one without the other perfectly well). SimGuruKate on Twitter stated that both SPs and GPs are still A Thing.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

While I agree that no game is the same, I also think ''Never change a winning team''.

Also, The Sims 4 is supposed to be a sequel

''A sequel is a literature, film, theatre, television, music or video game that continues the story of, or expands upon, some earlier work.''

When the foundation is broken they can only do so much to ''fix'' it. So far the only thing I see happening is they keep adding more fluff to the game in the form of objects, but the core of the game, the part where the problems are, they are unable or unwilling to fix.

Seems like from that standpoint, none of the Sims series have been a sequel. All have differed in some way with the exception of having the Goths in some shape or form.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • kittenwalruskittenwalrus Posts: 25 Member
    > @TheGreatGorlon said:
    > @Anmirla That's what I would assume. I think 20 is a very generous estimate if it was instances of brand new generated content, and EXTREMELY generous if it's free content via patches (this IS EA we're talking about here, and "free" is a bit of a dirty word there), so I think that 20 includes patch content and packs for PC and consoles. It depends on whether they qualify Mobile as one of their content platforms, and also whether they consider XBoxOne and PS4 as separate content drops. So in reality, it could actually be a fancy way for them to inflate their numbers without actually releasing an overwhelming amount of new content.

It does say across mobile, PC, and console so I doubt we're getting a lot.
  • kittenwalruskittenwalrus Posts: 25 Member
    > @awlchick said:
    > Everyone always complains that the sims isnt like an older sims. The whole point of making a new sims is to make it different!
    > Yeah, some things are cool to have forwarded to a new game like cars and such, but not everything. May as well play the old sims games if that's the case!

A lot of people (like myself) can't play older games on newer computers, unfortunately.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Doesn't sound good for Game and Stuffpacks cause they weren't mentioned.

They mentioned this before in their financial reports, but every piece of DLC are ''Expansion Packs'' to them.

No way they are going to release a ton of (real) EP's in 1 year of time. 2, MAYBE 3 at most.
    I think what it meant are 2 EPs and 20 free content drops.

Thet probably doesn't mean the whole PC. They have a console, and mobile. For stuff packs, it won't surprise me they stop doing them entirely. Some were interesting, but a lot of them were meh.

Kate said stuffpacks weren't off the table yet.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I'm not really sure what this means, all I know is that one of those 20 content drops better be some improved babies.

Ya toppdogg. You tell em cause I want this badly too.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hope it will include better personalities, cars, updated babies, university, tropical vacation, NPC's etc.
    Lu4ERme.gif