Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Started this topic because the support site didn't help at all

After I patched my game past 1.7.9 none of my store content simspacks will install nor show up in-game. If this was on the support site, I missed it because of the poor set-up and technical language. I may be generation Y but that doesn't automatically make me knowledgeable of this stuff. My Sims 3 problems are frustrating especially because I cannot find any solution on the support site. I need someone to explain a solution to me in plain, "stupid" language please. Just... someone help, please.

Comments

• PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited May 2010
    A lot of people were having this problem when this patch came out. People on the forums suspected it was because EA was trying to stop people from using pirated Store content, but the EA employee responsible for making the patch ended up messing up legitimate, paid-for Store content as well. (Just a theory that was being tossed around the forums. ... Don't know whether it's true.)

You'll have to re-download EVERYTHING again directly from the Sims 3 Store. If you've already tried this, then I can't help you. I'm very sorry. At least my response will bump this thread so other people can help you.
  • onebadman1967onebadman1967 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm guessing I'ma gonna need your help getting this out there,B/c I can't seem how to find the place to start a Thread. So I am going to do something I (normally) would not do and that is rely upon the Gratuities of my fellow persons. (so here it is) WRITTEN BY ONEBADMAN1967: (SIMS 4 X-bOX ONE) Do you want Onions,Strawberries,Tomatoes, OR FLOWERS FOR FREE? Ok...How about fossils? or Frogs? and yes even Time capsules! THEN READ THIS! The solution is going to anger A LOT of you but here it is TAKE A WALK! go to the places on your board that DOES NOT require travel by car. YOU WILL FIND IT ALL! Even new Fishing spots where all of the seafood is available. IT GETS BETTER! I even found plants that can be used for FERTILIZER for your garden boxes/planters. Was going NUTS,SPENDING HUGE AMOUNTS OF SIMOLEONS on seed packets(5 n 6) at a time to get these,BUT NO MORE! (haven't found Potatoes)... YET, But they GOTTA be out there some place. Hope this HELPS you all. HAPPY HUNTING!!! NOTE: This activity Will STRESS YOUR SIM AND PULL YOU OFF OF YOUR SIMS JOB REQUIREMENT SCHEDULE! None the less worth it.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    @onebadman1967 This is not where you should be posting your own topic. You can click the "New Discussion" button in the top corner of the main page. However, if your account is too young, or you haven't participated enough in the forums, you will be unable to do this until you hit a certain usage amount to level up your account to make threads. But you shouldn't be hijacking 9 year old threads for this purpose.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey folks, I am going to be closing this as it is a super old thread - if you're having issues or have suggestions, that's okay and/or awesome but please be mindful of when a thread was last active. Also please be mindful of which title's category you're in, this is a thread for The Sims 3, not 4.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top