Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forgotten Burial Mound: first tomb in France

JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
I discovered something about this tomb tonight and figured something out. Thought I might as well share it, even when many of you may be aware of this already :blush:
  • The thing I discovered (jaw drop) is that there's an entire floor beneath the one with the labyrinth you explore to find the baseball :o I found that out when I cheated my way into building mode due to a strange glitch (the whole tomb resetted while my sim was sleeping in the tent in there). Turns out the tomb has two other entrances I have been completely missing for more than nine years now!
  • And the second thing, while I was at it in build mode anyway, I figured I might as well improve something that has been bothering me ever since the first time I explored this tomb. In the room with the tent there's a sign saying something like "The stairs were closed behind me but fortunately I'm well prepared. I'm convinced one of these days I'll find the way out of this place". We all know the poor soul didn't manage, his skeleton is lying next to the tent. I've always been wondering whether they forgot to add the link to make the stairs actually disappear and sure enough there is a hidden floor panel directly down those stairs. It's linked to a torch that doesn't do anything though, I wonder if they made a mistake (rush rush rush ahem?). So, I fixed it and played it the way I think it was meant to be. The silly thing is that the other way out is very easy to find, stupid skeleton man, but that's a detail :p

The sign:

pDsoIQ8.png

Going down the stairs:

USiQWGm.png

I really think they meant this to happen when creating this tomb:

hNTC4lZ.png

Oh well, I had my fun with it ;)
5JZ57S6.png
Post edited by JoAnne65 on

Comments

• TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Silly explorer. He should have learned to teleport.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2019
    There really is no need to teleport :D There's an unlocked door leading to other stairs :p They could have made that a bit more difficult to find (the way they actually did in another tomb in France, the one in the museum). I suppose they didn't because it's the first tomb in France.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2019
    Someone is going to have to remind me, how do we know that the skeleton is that of the explorer who left the sign? There's all kinds of other scenarios coming to mind that could explain how it got to be there. Perhaps the explorer did find their way out and went on to live happily ever after without feeling the need to return and amend their last note. ;)

Edit: (strokes chin thoughtfully, turns to the players posting here) By the way, just where were you on Week 1, Day 6 of this game and can you prove it? :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    If I remember right, behind the entrance of this tomb is a boulder you can smash with Pangu's Axe, and find another area.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @igazor Indeed :D The question then is, who came first: skeleton man or the writer of the note? Might be interesting to run through the scenarios :mrgreen:

@KevinL5275 Yep. And there’s also a floor switch somewhere in the bushes. I seriously had no idea! Never came any further than the chamber where the baseball is hidden.
    5JZ57S6.png