Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Think we are getting news anytime soon?

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,402 Member
    The silence is ominous!

Right! On twitter a couple weeks ago some gurus were saying to each other, did you fix that bug yet? Can’t release redacted without fixing it. I hope the recent patch wasn’t what they were talking about but still, something would help.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    We just got free content. Really people - I would not call that a drought at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > We just got free content. Really people - I would not call that a drought at all.

We are talking about the drought of paid content. Free patches are nice and all, but simmers are waiting for new gameplay since Get Famous.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    We just got free content. Really people - I would not call that a drought at all.

Um, we mean news of upcoming PAID content... like SinaMegapolis said, free content is always nice but we want just SOME info on what's to come.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I have a feeling what’s coming is big, in the last stream they were asked what they enjoyed working on the most, and a couple of them made a comment like, “well, since I can’t talk about this- I enjoyed helping make X” which makes me think that the thing they’re working on now is major. Most likely UNI
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    > @Olivesplum06 said:
    > I have a feeling what’s coming is big, in the last stream they were asked what they enjoyed working on the most, and a couple of them made a comment like, “well, since I can’t talk about this- I enjoyed helping make X” which makes me think that the thing they’re working on now is major. Most likely UNI

I mean sure. It probably is UNI but i'm expecting to get a GP before UNI at the very least. am not happy with how they dedicated all their resources to Expansion Packs and hid GPs and SPs under the blanket
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2019
    I think we will get an announcement end of February for a GP or EP for end of March release. I know it would be crazy for another EP but for some reason I feel it might happen. We are definitely getting witches and university this year.

I'm antsy for news too. Even though it sounds like everyone is complaining, it's really impressive how many people love this game so much we come here to complain we want more. It can be seen as a compliment. I definitely want more.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited February 2019
    This type of silence is nowhere near golden
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    I think we will get an announcement end of February for a GP or EP for end of March release. I know it would be crazy for another EP but for some reason I feel it might happen. We are definitely getting witches and university this year.

When was that confirmed?
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    We are definitely getting witches and university this year.

I pray to the god of witchcraft that you are right! I'm already making big plans in my head about how I'm going to make a new save and split Windenburg into five magic districts, one for witches, one for vampires, one for "magic through knowledge" (aliens, scientists, graduates)... And I can't wait to start working on that project, all I still need to make it a reality is witches! (And university, technically, but that can come later.)

So even if I sound like a broken record, please give me witches!! :s
  • VaidaVaida Posts: 35 Member
    They really would need to make the supernatural expansion interesting and unique for me to buy it. The EP for TS3 was boring as hell for me, so I guess it's even longer wait for me if Supernatural comes before Uni. Shame :(.
    Nice pants.
    P6Ps.gif
  • RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    edited February 2019
    Usually I'm always looking for information. I've heard that they've changed the way they do their announcements of new packs and content. I think the new system really stinks! One thing that made me get through the year was knowing in my mind that 'There will be xyz stuff pack coming in xyz days, minutes, seconds!'. Sad that it's came to that but to be honest, as someone who loves all things The Sims (and has since the release of the first game, when I was like 9 years old), this is nostalgia for me!

I love this game and even as a adult, will continue to buy the game. It's sad that we've lost that bit of a count down until the release of a pack. I know look forward to other games and then randomly stumble upon a Sims 4 update. Which personally for me isn't good enough.

I dig that countdown! Surely I'm not the only one.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    it probably is uni I have aspirations of turning Newcrest into a student area with an SU bar and hall perhaps a refectory and if we can do it lecture halls and classrooms. Welcome to U.O.S Newcrest campus
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Perhaps March? EA is ending their Fiscal year at April, and I think having a pack this quarter to add to final profit might be a good move.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Maybe EA are concentrating at the moment on releasing Apex Legends and Anthem which I think goes public on 22nd February. I hope they are both huge successes as it might give EA more confidence to carry on with the Sims games and leave Maxis to develop the game without too much interference!

Already Apex Legends has had 25 million players in the first week and players begging EA to leave Respawn alone to go on developing it in it's own way!
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2019

When was that confirmed?

It's not confirmed by gurus it's just an educated guess. I also firmly believe we will see cars this year.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2019
    I have got to admit, this drought of no info is getting a bit annoying it's almost the middle of Feb. and we haven't heard ANYTHING of future content...I thought for sure they would have at least announced something that was upcoming by now. Sorry if I sound impatient or rude, but my fun I had with Get Famous has grown dry and now I hardly don't play (ONCE again for the 1000th time with this game) , but I am now I am now rely on mods and CC to spice up my game (big major thank you to modders for creating amazing content)...and honesty..that's just kinda sad.

I wonder why the new wears off so fast on everything Maxis sells to their fans. It probably won't be until April if I had to guess, they've got to hold to that 20 drops of DLC across all platforms starting in April, and besides you guys just got that music/trivia app on Alexa, and that thing where your Sims answer trivia in their homes, and GF isn't even six months old. It's all built to make you keep buying out of boredom. (And free CAS stuff) geez, TS4 is boring to have to keep plying it with more and more stuff every week let alone every six months.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I have got to admit, this drought of no info is getting a bit annoying it's almost the middle of Feb. and we haven't heard ANYTHING of future content...I thought for sure they would have at least announced something that was upcoming by now. Sorry if I sound impatient or rude, but my fun I had with Get Famous has grown dry and now I hardly don't play (ONCE again for the 1000th time with this game) , but I am now I am now rely on mods and CC to spice up my game (big major thank you to modders for creating amazing content)...and honesty..that's just kinda sad.

I wonder why the new wears off so fast on everything Maxis sells to their fans. It probably won't be until April if I had to guess, they've got to hold to that 20 drops of DLC across all platforms starting in April, and besides you guys just got that music/trivia app on Alexa, and that thing where your Sims answer trivia in their homes, and GF isn't even six months old. It's all built to make you keep buying out of boredom. (And free CAS stuff) geez, TS4 is boring to have to keep plying it with more and more stuff every week let alone every six months.

Because literally everything they have done has been done before, and more often than not when it was done in the past it had more options for the player and less endless chatter pertaining to why they made whatever arcane creative decision players do not like.

I think it’s funny that things wear off so quickly. This is 110% what EA wanted when the game was online and fully set to have a subscription service and a hell lot of DLC packs. They made a game that is so empty, boring, and lifeless that people were literally asking for DLC on day 1! Well long story short Maxis did an awful job selling people on the base game, they made it abundantly clear that there were major issues when developing the game and that the game was very much lacking compared to other base releases and as a result EA canned all of those plans in favor of bottom barrel funding with massive mark ups on the tiny packs they release.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    They teased us about "Super secret thing" afaik that 'thing' is have yet to be announced, I would guess they would announce it in a couple of weeks or maybe next month.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    izecson wrote: »
    They teased us about "Super secret thing" afaik that 'thing' is have yet to be announced, I would guess they would announce it in a couple of weeks or maybe next month.

First person camera was a super secret thing. The Alexa app was a secret little thing. Their communication strategy is built on the foundation of generating outrageous hype regardless of what is actually being released and then acting surprised when players feel they’ve been given the bait and switch.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

First person camera was a super secret thing. The Alexa app was a secret little thing. Their communication strategy is built on the foundation of generating outrageous hype regardless of what is actually being released and then acting surprised when players feel they’ve been given the bait and switch.

Really? Man I'm dissapointed..
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    edited February 2019

The first person camera was hyped by some players who went to one of the game conventions. The gurus(Kate and Grant)were saying it’s fun, but not big,not to get too excited. Players were given the bait from the streamers not them.

Really? Man I'm dissapointed..

Don’t be disappointed yet. I don’t know what they’re making, but surely it will not be anything with the wow factor. You may end up liking it, but I personally keep my expectations low because they’ve only really met my expectations a few times (toddlers and seasons).
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2019

The first person camera was hyped by some players who went to one of the game conventions. The gurus(Kate and Grant)were saying it’s fun, but not big,not to get too excited. Players were given the bait from the streamers not them.

It doesn't matter if we liked it or not. It still counted toward that free content count so they can show the bosses they are keeping players engaged with that live service mumbo jumbo.
    Cinebar wrote: »

It doesn't matter if we liked it or not. It still counted toward that free content count so they can show the bosses they are keeping players engaged with that live service mumbo jumbo.
    Not when a dev developed it in their freetime.