Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do we determine Maxis Faves?

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Didn't know or remember that using MOO would/could disqualify a build from being considered as Maxis favorite. I always put use MOO on my descriptions as I always use that cheat one way or the other but haven't ever deliberately tested does anything change with or without moo active. I always test play my builds and if I haven't, I'll write I haven't done so. I've noticed that sometimes the game remembers what cheats were active on previous day/build - I mean I've exited the game, logged out and shut origin and shut down the whole computer too but still on the next day when I turn computer on and start TS4 through origin and start to build, the MOO is still active even if I haven't activated it. Then there are times when the game turns MOO off on its own in middle of the build when I've been building several hours. Has anyone else had similar experiences?
  • Options
    gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    edited January 2019
    When I build I try to think how easy this lot or room would be for a new player to use. Does everything work, can Sims access every item, does it look glitchy? It's all well and good for a lot to LOOK amazing, but I want---and I'm sure most players---just want it to work.

My husband made his first Sim family recently, since we got a Shield for our tv and have been gaming a lot downstairs in our living room to spend more time together. Eight whole Sims. It was ambitious for sure, but he wanted to experience all the age groups etc, so I said nothing. He picked a house I had downloaded randomly and placed on a lot for future use because I casually just thought it was pretty. EVERY darn thing in that house seemed to not work. The pet food bowls, the toddler beds (which arguably can be a bit fickle,) the stove, etc etc. He didn't play for long, it was just for a little fun, but I'm not sure he'd have been able to function in that house at all if I hadn't been sitting beside him to tell him which shelves to delete etc etc to make the thing he was trying to use work. That's so frustrating, and so important.

AND, like a previous commenter said, I just try not to think about it that much. I make what I like, I share what I use myself, and I make sure that above all else I am having fun. Cuz it's a game :)

edit: I also am a sucker for my immersion. I am always ranting about my immersion :) I'm a pretty practical player, maybe because I'm getting old, so I like realistic rooms/buildings etc. Is this a room/lot I will actually use? etc... And if someone uses an odd object to represent something it's not (ie. a wall light fixture to look like a shower head,) while I appreciate their creativity, I would never actually use that in my playtime and it unreasonably triggers me. Even when I used to play with CC in my game, I was super picky about that even. Maxis Match or nothing. I want everything to look like it belongs there, for the art styles to match. I don't want English words in my wall art or imagery that isn't a part of the Sims' world, and you have to think that a lot of Simmers also probably play like that and whoever curates does too. But that's just an assumption, I definitely have no data on that makes that a factual statement.
    Post edited by gladlypants on
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    @Gwiniel I have had times where it seemed to still be on so I always de-activate it and deactivate testing cheats and save then exit the game and save as my way of turning it off. Seems to help. Then I re-enter the lot, upload it to my library, then go to another lot and download it to that lot to see if anything does not place correctly.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    XannWhitefireXannWhitefire Posts: 12 New Member
    @SheriGR that’s true but there’s a lot of times that it being off are going to create those issues when placing the lot. For instance the flowers I finagled onto the bay windows sil will now glitch into the walls or be placed in weird places. Don’t get me wrong I’m not complaining about it was just good to know that if I ever hope of seeing it get a maxis fav that I need to not use it or at least sparingly use that cheat. Before I found this thead I never would have guessed that moo would be an issue since it’s part of the actual game and not a mod or cc.
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    I wouldn't worry about the MOO thing too much... I am guessing they changed or modified this 'qualification'. For instance, Just yesterday this lot was selected and it specifically states that it uses and wants you to enable MOO: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D54306BE20CD11E98D538EBC8618DA0D?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=early spring starter&max=50&maxis=false
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    XannWhitefireXannWhitefire Posts: 12 New Member
    Ah good to know I get so frustrated when moveobjects are off since everything is spread so far apart that it looks wrong.
  • Options
    surlybadgersurlybadger Posts: 283 Member
    Ah good to know I get so frustrated when moveobjects are off since everything is spread so far apart that it looks wrong.

Same though! I really only use it for decorating and landscaping because what do you mean that flower pot can't go there?!
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2019
    Hi everyone,

We have just posted an updated version of this thread! For this reason, I will be closing this one now. We tried to clarify all your questions in the new guide. Please, check it out here: 'How do we choose our Maxis Faves? - Curation guide!' :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top