Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which premades should I play next in Riverview?

I'm curious to know which premades are your favorite in that town and why. (I just included those I met so far in Riverview).
I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

Which premades should I play next in Riverview? 13 votes

Cantina
7%
Bettyboop55 1 vote
Crosby
30%
VaidaCravenLestatPalmArrowGoulsquash 4 votes
Bagley
30%
MemoriiValentineAvataritNikkei_Simmerizecson 4 votes
Beckenridge
15%
jillbgjordand 2 votes
Grandpas
15%
monjr8302thuggishsplicer 2 votes

Comments

• jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Beckenridge
    Actually I would rather play Lucky Perkins - he's a fun challenge, or Cottoneye, who is very interesting living hidden in a bunker. Then there is Jon Lessen, the rockstar, who is also quite fun! I guess Beckenridge comes 4th... :#
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Cantina
    Unless you haven't played the Lothario household yet ........
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Grandpas
    I wonder what background you'd give the grandpas. XD
    Your George Dean story is really cute!
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    @jillbg Lucky, right! I knew I had forgotten someone! In my save, he ended up living in a castle with 3 women, thanks to story progression, rotf. That in mind, I would be curious to play him with a lucky strike in mind. Thanks for the suggestion!

@bettyboop55 I truly dislike Lothario, my romance sims always end up badly. My first was striken by a meteorite in sims 2 and I didn't even cheated... I'm curious if Cantina would make any plot to get her grasp on Walter Grisby and his manor, she seemed to really like him, she was ready to move, autonomously, with him! Thanks for the suggestion. I shall play Lothario later and maybe get him engaged with the Bagleys... Daughter AND mom, hehehe.

@thuggishsplicer Thanks! I think I pretty wrapped up George's father story, although his colocs seem interesting and quite fond of computers. Do they try to teach him how to use them? What do they think of George's frequent visits? One is quite inappropriate. Why do the others endure him? The first time I played them, they ended up with an adopted baby. I found it quite hilarious... But also weird. Never played them again afterward!
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Crosby
    Simovitch Family Cause Betty and Her skeezy mama are awesome :love:

But they are not on your list :rage:

Going to choose the Crosby family cause I think it is Funny She is a child loving big family kinda girl married to a dude who hates kids and don't want any. :D

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Crosby
    I voted for the Crosbys because a badly matched married couple sounds like an intriguing premise for a story. And you get an awesome for disliking Don Lothario. I disliked him as soon as I saw his name, I just really don't like womanisers.
    Beckenridge
    You're welcome, @Hejix :) I love Lucky! I have moved him to my world Twin Towns, where he is best buddies with Juan Darer...

Thoughtful at Juan's bachelor party!

thegreywitches-part02-25-05b.jpg

And the day after...

thegreywitches-part02-25-05a.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Crosby
    @jillbg , I remember that bachelor party, great pictures!

@Hejix , I forgot to say that the Jones household living in the Remington house would be very interesting to play, because of the weird architecture of the house and the ghosts haunting it!
  • VaidaVaida Posts: 35 Member
    Crosby
    @jillbg - I have to ask: are those poses (stripper one and the one with putting arm around the shoulder) from some mods? Because frankly speaking it's the first time I see such poses in TS3, and it made me wonder how many of those did I miss ;P.
    The question is much more important as I bought whole TS3 on Steam after 8 years of not playing it, so time to expand the horizons.

As for the poll question - Crosby family creates a nice opportunity to wreak havoc in the town, I always started new playthroughs in Riverview with this family.
    Nice pants.
    P6Ps.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2019
    I miss 'other';) The Ivanovs for me. I’ve loved that family ever since my first sim bumped into Yuri at the grocery’s and I discovered they had named their daughter after me :mrgreen: I love the Romani vibe of that family.

(I’d vote anyway, but tbh I don’t recognize the names, which might be because some names have been translated in my game, like Bella Goth who is called Cora van de Kerkhof)
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited February 2019
    @johAnne65 I knew you guys would find a way around to mention "others" so I didn't bother. ;) I was still curious which one you would pick from my list before answering. ;) I played the Ivanov once. They're awesome. So much love, so little space in that trailer. I made them have tons of babies that walked freely outside in their garden. I had fun designing the cribs to match the colorful environment. I had fun with the kleptomaniac trait. I can't remember why I stopped playing that save. I think it crashed too often at some point. It was on my old computer. Wow, translation of names are quite something! I wouldn't think they would look so little alike. Reminds me of Harry Potter. Can't read it in French. Hogwarts is Poudlard. Erk! I'd prefer the puns not to be translated so the names might at least be recognizable! Thanks for commenting!

@palmArrow Yes, the Remington, I loved them. <3 I think it was my first really fun session of sims 3 and man, I struggled liking the game at first (preferred sims 2!). I loved the house, always discovered new details. Poor Jones were struggling to pay the bills. Their first kid, Lawrence, was brave and the little blue ghost haunted him all his life so he could help her. He became a scientist to save her. His brother was a coward. He fainted all the time, it was hilarious. I managed to revive Kirsten. She was such a slob! She transformed the beautiful house into a pigster. She forced Lawrence to garden life fruits for her so she could stay young forever. He was depressed. Eventually, he managed to grow old and die. She was on her own. She tried to catch up on gardening, but she didn't have his knowledge. She teased death by feeding ambrosia to ghosts in the graveyard. She even died once but saved herself with a death flower. Eventually, I think she drowned because she preferred her blue ghost state to being old. Such a melodramatic story! I loved the character so much that I revived her, (pretended she had found some way to cheat death) and sent her to Twinbrook, in the mist (the world fit her so much!) where she became a ghost hunter. I had for years a screenshot of her on my wall. I still have it. People thought it was me and that it was a painting. Lol. I look nothing like the character, but she was too fun to play. I'm just sad I couldn't ever come with a good story why all her family died such tragic deaths one after the other!

@jillbg Wow, awesome pictures! Lucky looks like such a happy guy! Walter Grisby invited him to his fundraising parties. I loved how he blended with everyone, enjoyed himself and mooched money to all the guests. ;)
    Post edited by Hejix on
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Lol, yes, there’s definitely something to be said for not including ‘other’, especially when you want people just to pick from the characters you chose to present. Rightly so. I certainly would have, had I recognized them. Must add I’m not very familiar with the premades anyway, I’ve always focused on my self created families. One other aspect I like about the Ivanovs by the way, is how they move to another house at some point. They always start off in a small house at the foot of the hill, then move to a bigger house (always the same one).
    5JZ57S6.png
    @CravenLestat Haha, the Simovitch, yeah. I loved their "ugly" house and Betty's dad. The Shallow dad was lurking around as if trying to make Betty sign a fraudulent music contract. He was so creepy. And I got my first fire with birthday cake when Betty grew up. I laughed so hard. But lore wise, how did that Betty became the Betty from Sims 1!?! I fed her cakes to try to make her look like her part! Beside the kitsch decoration, I saw NO resemblance! And Bob Newbie... An artistic bookworm slob? WHAT?!? It is as if ea people ignored Maxis' storylines and invented things from the blue. Grrr. I can try to live with funky weird story progression, but no matter how hard I try I cannot link these newbies to the REAL newbies! :rage:
    Beckenridge
    @PalmArrow @Vaida @Hejix I'm glad you like the pics with Lucky! I bet he had a good time at the fundraising party - he is a real mooch, taking advantage of the situation, all right!
    I don't play the sims anymore, I just set up pics for my story, so, yes, they are poses... :)
    Bonus from the wedding:
    thegreywitches-part02-26-17.jpg
    thegreywitches-part02-26-19.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
    Crosby
    I wish I had this kind of creative imagination to set stories and stages such as ones that you do. Awesome and immersive :D.
    Nice pants.
    P6Ps.gif
    @vaida @palmarrow @cravenlestat Crosby it is then. Thanks. I once played them a long time ago. Everything kept breaking in their tiny trailer home. I remember wondering why they had bought it in the first place. They seemed way too ambitious for it. I think I let them have kids and I was sad the husband didn't react much more than he did, doing occasional disgusted faces. I expected him to throw tantrums or maybe divorce on the spot. He was an actual okay father. :/ This time though... Hehehe. He will face a more experienced player!
    Crosby
    @Hejix - let us know how it progresses!
    Nice pants.
    P6Ps.gif
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    edited February 2019
    Grandpas
    @JoAnne65 I would die thinking your name was JoAnne! :-O
    In Portuguese-BR, Bella Goth's name is Laura Caixão (Caixão is Coffin in Portuguese). The worst case is The Landgraab family which is named "Quero-tudo-que-é-seu" ("I-Want-Everything-That-Is-Yours"). I was like "What the Heck"! Then, I unistalled and changed the game to English. *laugh maniacally"

@Hejix @PalmArrow WOW, I love that story about the Jones family! I can't remember who Kirsten is, though. I'd better check her.
    EDIT: She's just a kid! Your story sounded amazing!

@jillbg I remember that wedding! It was a killer! XD

--- x --- x ---

I think the "hates kids" trait is pretty mild. People say the same about Thorton Wolff. He's a really nice father when the children are babies or toddlers.
    Beckenridge
    Vaida wrote: »
    I wish I had this kind of creative imagination to set stories and stages such as ones that you do. Awesome and immersive :D.

@Vaida I don't know if your comment was meant for me, but if it was, thank you for the compliment :) What is great about the sims is just that - it gives everyone the opportunity to play as they like! A story is always happening, even if you don't write it down :D
    NymlADp.jpg
    Crosby
    @jillbg - yep, it was for you. And I know that everybody play as they like, I just wish I could "learn" this kind of mindset to do something even more creative with my sims. I guess I have to find myself a teacher. ;P
    Nice pants.
    P6Ps.gif
    Beckenridge
    @thuggishsplicer A killer it was, both figuratively and litterally - as the priest got eaten by the cow plant! :joy:

@Vaida Best teacher is reading a lot! A lot... :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Bagley
    Bagley, I like the dissonance between the good guy and the evil family.
    @avatarit Thanks. I may try to play them soon. The only thing that bugs me about them is Lothario nearby. :sweat: I dislike him greatly! And I think he kind of lives on their farm...