Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Buy A Farming EP

Comments

• Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    edited February 2019
    Maybe. But only if it comes with...
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Only because I'm very Picky

- The farm has to be somewhat Blank, or easy to bulldoze everything. I want to design the farmland, Sow the First seeds, of the Orchards and Vineyards.
    - My plan is to Have a Chateau, Mansion that overlooks the farm, because One of my sims will own the entire farm. So I need at least a 50x50 Lot that sits on top of a hill and just has a romantic view of the Farm.
    - Thinking a French, Italian Farmland concept.
    - Farm Animals are Required!!!
    Personally I just want: Hogs/Pigs, Bulls/Cows, Roosters/Hens.
    But If possible: Goats/Alpaca (Cuter than Llamas) and Maybe Horses
    - The potential to build a Brewery and Winery, with the Old fashion way of stomping Grapes, or using machinery and Send it through Distillery and Barreling the Nectar/Brew putting it down in the Cellar, on racks to store and let age, Tasting, Naming, then bottling the Craft. then Selling it in Retail, to or at, Restaurant, add it to your menu (only I you have the barrel present on Lot/Inventory)
    Definitely There should be "New" recipes maybe under Mixology when Making Wine and Beer
    like if I wanted to make an adult root beer, or Honey Jack if I had Seasons EP I could use Honey and some type of lager.
    - New Harvestable: Pumpkin, Corn, Wheat, Peanuts, Pineapple, Cinnamon, Sarsaparilla, Cocoa Bean, Sugar Cane, and Cotton.
    - Seasons Kind of Failed me with this, But I was hoping for new dishes: Honey Glazed Ham, Pineapple garnish, more pie and cheesecake variants.
    That's mainly all I need, I actually have Stables Set up for Pigs and Cows.
    it would be cool to be able to do some Kind of Festivals at the farm.
    Bake offs, Biggest Pumpkin, things like that.

This! I have a famous family who owns a retail selling nectar and owns a restaurant as well in which they have nectar as well. I imagine they are a famous family who with their money created a popular brewery and it’s the nectar everybody wants to drink and the restaurant everyone who is someone goes.

It would be great to do it properly, as I want the daughter to inherit the business.

It would be great if it resembled La Rioja, as my grandparents come from there.

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm not sure how good a farming e pl would be. I mean, this isn't farming simulator we are playing.

Won't somebody please think of the children!!!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No. It doesn’t fit my playing style.
    Nope. There's enough farming in the game for me.
    Sorry but what farming are we doing in the game? This isn’t a farming game it’s the sims and they have gardens not a farm to take care of. :D

Exactly. That's enough for me. That and the country-esque clothes we got in Laundry Day.

Farming is boring to me. Point blank.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    If it comes with a large neighborhood I would get it.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes. I need farms in my game no matter what it comes with.
    Get Educated (all levels or University) Supernatural or Get Farming I would pre-order immediately. They gave those who wanted it Get Famous didn't they? (Didn't pre-order though) I accepted that so maybe they could do something more to my liking. Please. :)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I NEED a Farming Expansion!
    a256aFi.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    CXonor13 wrote: »
    I feel that farming would be a very "been there, done that" addition that would have little to no impact on the overall game with only one or two aspects bleeding through, compared to all EP's released thus far, which have all influenced the main gameplay substantially.

While several of the EP have indeed changed the game in big ways (Seasons, Get Together), I can think of at least two that where more confined to the new world we got with the pack (Cats & Dogs, City Living).

Farming is definitely not for everyone, but there are many people who would find value in it's inclusion in the game. I personally enjoy playing survival and live off the land type games, and a farming pack would give me so much my more to work with.

Of course not everyone is going to agree or enjoy the same type of content and I appreciate you sharing your perspective.

If the Farming pack included "off the grid" type features (a country-style windmill that actually worked to generate electricity, or solar panels that could sit on the roof of the house or potential barn) I think it could work on multiple levels. Maybe patch in a rain collector for Seasons that can be used to irrigate plants. A farming pack that has elements of Off The Grid Living would be really flexible.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    I will not add farms unless we get a lot of big lots. The lots are too small for a farming community for me with the ones presently in the game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    If it has horses and a big neaborhood then jeah.
    And some Stardew Valley like stuff like food preserving, canning and nectar making.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    It seems like many simmers think farming = more gardening. This isn't the case. Farming would bring livestock, things like making jams/preserves, butter and cheese, maybe nectar etc. It could add a lot to the game, especially with activities and skills to do with crafting and making things from scratch.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want it for things like you mentioned @Louise_G0325 I really would like to make a character that does their own preserves or jellies. I hope for making cheese and gathering eggs. I like to play all sorts of characters I won't always play with farmers but will roll them right into what I do play with for more stories. I wonder what kind of challenges people could come up with involving farming. That could be fun too.
    egTcBMc.png
  • mavislurchermavislurcher Posts: 21 Member
    Was anyone on the poll for the next game pack? The one with farming and werewolves? I'd like to have chickens and cows. And horses. Especially horses.
  • kittenwalruskittenwalrus Posts: 25 Member
    I LOVED the chicken coop and cows in TS3. I tried so hard to build a farm but I wasn't much of a builder at the time.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I would buy it, but I would be MORE inclined to buy it if it came with HORSES.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    In my opinion, if there was one, EA wouldn’t do it justice. It’d be half-baked, probably cows and sheep stuck inside a 2X2 space inside the barn with minimal interactions like babies. If I could mix stardew valley and sims I think it’d be amazing, but it’s such a tall order that I think it’d be one of the most disastrous packs we’ve ever had.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2019
    A farming game pack yes and I don't think it needs to be an EP to make it work. I'd want farm animals and tractors. Pretty much what a lot of the Sims 3 farm items had, but also crafting things like making jam and knitting. I really want it to come with llamas so Bob Pancakes can have a llama farm to drive Eliza Pancakes nuts with. I would also like to have vineyards again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I suppose it would be nice to have but I personally dont have any "OMG WANT RIGHT NOW" feelings toward it. Its something I'd probably get on sale when I felt like it. If it were an EP, it would be a good opportunity for plenty of large size lots in a new world. Im not building a farm on 30x20 lot that's for sure.
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    If it's any game but the sims 4 sure, but sims 4 needs so much work to the point I dont even think it can be fixed anymore so lets hope they make one for the sims 5 which I hope has a DECENTLY GOOD base game
    23rif7.gif
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited February 2019
    It's not my cup of tea in interest, but I meant to put Yes in regards to buying it in the poll just to support TS4. I wish we could change our answers...
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    If the animals are overly complicated, no. But if they are static objects you interact with and you get to make additional things out of your gardening crops like preserves or nectar and there's a nice new neighborhood with big lots then yes. I'd also appreciate a sewing hobby and maybe that could be worked in with the farm theme somehow. Maybe let me spin wool and knit blankets?
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    Assuming this pack comes with all of the farming interactions people are requesting (canning, chruning butter, nectar making, pickling, etc.) and a farmer's market, I think this would be the best "stay at home job" yet! I fast-forward when my painter sims paint, or write books, or mod games. It's just boring to watch and it takes a long time. Farming with all of these options would be so interactive!

It would be really nice if you could also hire NPC staff, similar to GTW, that I could assign farm tasks to (because there will likely be a lot to do).

I agree that most livestock could be easily treated as objects like babies. Cows, chickens, and sheep could easily come in a coop as an object. I could just click on the coop and say "harvest eggs" or "clean".

However, I think horses are a must, to be treated as pets. So what if we don't have an open world? They'd be very handy in Granite Falls and Selvadorada. But more importantly, let me build a riding ring a introduce a "horseback riding" skill. My Sim could train their horse and learn to do tricks on horseback. Maybe she could compete in a rodeo or show horses? Even if the rodeo is a rabbit hole, idc. Then she could get medals and earn money. I think horses could be really cool in this game, even without an open world.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Farming EP is actually what I would like more than any other EP right now. I hope that sims can buy as many animals as they have room for. They have loads of time to make clothes and stuff in other packs, so I hope they stay on subject and make it as much about farms as possible. Cows, pigs, chickens, goats, sheep, a farmer's market where people sell animals and supplies like the yard sale table. Barns, tractors, other equipment, grains and such to feed them, ability to make round and square hay bales, wood, rickety stick like, electric, and barbed wire fences. I think people and animals getting shocked, even the younger sims, would be a neat concept and also a console interaction for it. Other crops, Farmer & gardener careers. Shovels to put crops in by hand, several scare crows just to decorate the field(original, goth). Maybe cheap board, broken windows, and screen doors. Tree swing would be neat, but not sure if they could do that. I hope that the stuff & CAS doesn't go overboard, because as I said, we can always get a pack for that, but they may never put in more animals, so I hope they do it right and concentrate on real farm stuff. Farming is about the land, animals, and products not clothes, furniture, ect. Maybe getting kicked by the cow, tripped by the pig, pecked by the chickens, hit by the goat, and warm fuzzy feelings from the sheep. Farm animal toys for kids, new outhouse, woohoo haybales, make a patch quilt, canning, ect. We have tons of furniture ect. would like some different stuff with this one and gameplay. :p
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Yes and horses would be great, there are plenty of ways to do it such as having a world especially for them, especially considering the worlds are partially open anyway.
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Farming EP is actually what I would like more than any other EP right now. I hope that sims can buy as many animals as they have room for. They have loads of time to make clothes and stuff in other packs, so I hope they stay on subject and make it as much about farms as possible. Cows, pigs, chickens, goats, sheep, a farmer's market where people sell animals and supplies like the yard sale table. Barns, tractors, other equipment, grains and such to feed them, ability to make round and square hay bales, wood, rickety stick like, electric, and barbed wire fences. I think people and animals getting shocked, even the younger sims, would be a neat concept and also a console interaction for it. Other crops, Farmer & gardener careers. Shovels to put crops in by hand, several scare crows just to decorate the field(original, goth). Maybe cheap board, broken windows, and screen doors. Tree swing would be neat, but not sure if they could do that. I hope that the stuff & CAS doesn't go overboard, because as I said, we can always get a pack for that, but they may never put in more animals, so I hope they do it right and concentrate on real farm stuff. Farming is about the land, animals, and products not clothes, furniture, ect. Maybe getting kicked by the cow, tripped by the pig, pecked by the chickens, hit by the goat, and warm fuzzy feelings from the sheep. Farm animal toys for kids, new outhouse, woohoo haybales, make a patch quilt, canning, ect. We have tons of furniture ect. would like some different stuff with this one and gameplay. :p

Outhouse would be so great. I know we have so many toilets, but a bench with a hole in it to put in an outhouse would be so wonderful for farming, off the grid challenge, decades challenge. I'm not talking those bathroom objects we put in parks, I mean a bench with a hole in it so WE can plop it inside a building and see our sims when they go to the bathroom (not to be weird) like we do with all of our other toilets.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I don't need farms, but I would buy a farm pack on its own merits, so this was the closest choice!