Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Think we are getting news anytime soon?

I have got to admit, this drought of no info is getting a bit annoying it's almost the middle of Feb. and we haven't heard ANYTHING of future content...I thought for sure they would have at least announced something that was upcoming by now. Sorry if I sound impatient or rude, but my fun I had with Get Famous has grown dry and now I hardly don't play (ONCE again for the 1000th time with this game) , but I am now I am now rely on mods and CC to spice up my game (big major thank you to modders for creating amazing content)...and honesty..that's just kinda sad.

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member

Well with modders they have more freedom and range to do what they want. And different modders put out different things almost every other day, so that's no surprise if you're one is into using mods there may be something of interest to download. There's always something different someone might bring to the table that's either long lasting effective for gameplay or good for one or two go arounds at best.

Who knows could be in the next week or two I'm personally still having fun with the game and trying different gameplay approaches to keep things fresh as well as building more and improving on it. :) Honestly not expecting any buyable content possibly March or maybe even til the end of the month? Been liking the free content patches we've been getting. Guru's definitely working on something given by reading on some twitter posts. Can't wait to see what's next.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, I thought for sure that we'd hear something today, but instead they just announced that Movie Hangout Stuff was coming to Xbox / Playstation 4. That was a little bit of a disappointment. Trying to be my patient self, but even for me, this is getting a little upsetting. Especially now, after seeing several other games lay out road maps of the year for their games and what they're bringing to their customers.

Then to see EA / The Sims being completely silent. And one of the games that laid out their road map was an EA Game. So that baffled me a bit. I don't blame the guru's, I blame the big guys above them. I suppose I get it. They don't want anything being leaked early, but then I also don't get it, because it's not like in the last 19 years they've ever had another company compete against them to make a game like The Sims.

But then you have games like Legend of Legends competing against Dota 2 and Heroes of the Storm and League of Legends is making video road maps of their game for the year as well as Apex Legends, which is an EA game and brand new and competing against Overwatch (and probably against Fortnite, because Apex is free) (At least, from what I can see, it looked like a game similar to OverWatch, I may be wrong on that completely, but..).

*Edit*, of course, I know these games are a completely different genre than The Sims. But my point being, they have competing games, The Sims does not. And that could be the very reason why they're silent. I suppose, if they had a competing company, they'd want to do better than the other one and show the road map of their game because they'd want the customers to be more involved in their game. But since The Sims doesn't have that, they don't have to say a dang word. They get to be hush, hush. :(

I am trying to be patient. But this is when it really is plum being a Planner. I cannot plan my game accordingly, I cannot plan my families, or my finances, or anything because they're silent. To me, 40 dollars is a lot. But it isn't, if I can plan when I'll need to have it. 20 and 10 aren't so bad and I don't mind as much. But I still like to plan a little bit for those. Because, sometimes, you never know when you're going to need that money for something else and have to put your passion aside for more important things, like a phone bill charge, or something other example like that.

Oh well. :x They're obviously not going to change this process. :( So, I'll just have to sit back and deal with it. I guess the good news of all of this "waiting around" is that in my free time, I can try other games (mostly free, because I usually try to save my money for The Sims only), and I can also try to spice up my game play with new challenges and playing content I haven't got to play yet....

Or.. keep trying to go back to Sims 2 and Sims 3 because there's still loads of content I didn't get to play around with before. :( Because back then, my PC was having some issues with Sims 3 at the end there and Sims 2 wasn't having issues, I was just really into writing stories and kind of played a story instead of playing the game. :3
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yeah, I thought for sure that we'd hear something today, but instead they just announced that Movie Hangout Stuff was coming to Xbox / Playstation 4. That was a little bit of a disappointment. Trying to be my patient self, but even for me, this is getting a little upsetting. Especially now, after seeing several other games lay out road maps of the year for their games and what they're bringing to their customers.

Then to see EA / The Sims being completely silent. And one of the games that laid out their road map was an EA Game. So that baffled me a bit. I don't blame the guru's, I blame the big guys above them. I suppose I get it. They don't want anything being leaked early, but then I also don't get it, because it's not like in the last 19 years they've ever had another company compete against them to make a game like The Sims.

But then you have games like Legend of Legends competing against Dota 2 and Heroes of the Storm and League of Legends is making video road maps of their game for the year as well as Apex Legends, which is an EA game and brand new and competing against Overwatch (and probably against Fortnite, because Apex is free) (At least, from what I can see, it looked like a game similar to OverWatch, I may be wrong on that completely, but..).

I am trying to be patient. But this is when it really is plum being a Planner. I cannot plan my game accordingly, I cannot plan my families, or my finances, or anything because they're silent. To me, 40 dollars is a lot. But it isn't, if I can plan when I'll need to have it. 20 and 10 aren't so bad and I don't mind as much. But I still like to plan a little bit for those. Because, sometimes, you never know when you're going to need that money for something else and have to put your passion aside for more important things, like a phone bill charge, or something other example like that.

Oh well. :x They're obviously not going to change this process. :( So, I'll just have to sit back and deal with it. I guess the good news of all of this "waiting around" is that in my free time, I can try other games (mostly free, because I usually try to save my money for The Sims only), and I can also try to spice up my game play with new challenges and playing content I haven't got to play yet....

Or.. keep trying to go back to Sims 2 and Sims 3 because there's still loads of content I didn't get to play around with before. :( Because back then, my PC was having some issues with Sims 3 at the end there and Sims 2 wasn't having issues, I was just really into writing stories and kind of played a story instead of playing the game. :3

I know exactly how you feel. I thought FOR sure they would announce something very special when the anniversary arrived...but of course just more..silence..-shrugs-
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I know exactly how you feel. I thought FOR sure they would announce something very special when the anniversary arrived...but of course just more..silence..-shrugs-

Mhmm. :( I've learned very quickly to not be hyped anymore. I haven't enjoyed a Live-stream in a very long time now. I used to be at the live-streams way before it was time to go live. Now I just wait for the replays and sometimes I don't even watch those. Still love this game so much. Just wish there was a little more transparency.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I'm also desperate for some news. When I read the news that there would be no new pack announced at maxis monthly, I was really disappointed. Kind of made it pointless to watch. The new clothes in the patch are nice but I 'm more interested in gameplay content. I'm still enjoying the game but I'm longing for something to add to the sims possibilities. I hope we get new info about upcoming GP and EP soon. I don't understand why so much secrecy about future packs.
  • Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    I’m dying for a new pack as well, but something tells me that we have to wait a little longer... :(
  • BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    I think we will get something soon, like sometime in the next month. At least we can be hopeful that since they're taking so long it should hopefully be good.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited February 2019
    I used to watch the Sims 3 livestreams that we knew were about specific packs that had already been announced, and I've watched some for Sims 4, but only when I know it's going to be about something I'm interested in. I'm not impatient for new content anyway though. There are things I'd like but I'd still be more excited about bug fixes at this point!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I've been hoping we'll get something in March to end the fiscal year, but I still have doubts. However, there was some new voice over work revealed in December, so I think something's coming very soon. Voice work is usually one of the last things done before a game release.
    #Team Occult
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited February 2019
    You’re not the only one, not gonna lie, I was looking on other countries game sites for any accidental leak as well. It does feel like a drought knowing they’re working on something but no clue as to what
    https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSimCommunity/status/1095006245776474112
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I honestly don't believe we'll hear anything about a new pack before the end of the month. :/
  • Wiggles007Wiggles007 Posts: 40 Member
    edited February 2019
    Remember back in the day when we had Sims Thursday and got some kind of news every Thursday. now we get maybe something once a month bummer!
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Wiggles007 wrote: »
    Remember back in the day when we had Sims Thursday and got some kind of news every Thursday. now we get maybe something once a month bummer!

I thought it was still tuesdays and thursdays?!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Judging on how things have been rather quiet other than the recent patch, I think they're working on something. I wonder if there's going to be a pack announcement soon or possibly another even bigger patch?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    I think there will be an announcement soon.

But honestly, we've all been asking them to take their time on packs and release quality content. My hope is that they're taking a really long time because the next few packs/patches are going to be really spectacular. Let's just hope...
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Howdy folks! I've moved this over to Rumors/Speculation, feel free to carry on with the conversation. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited February 2019
    Whatever it is they are currently doing or working on, my wallet is eagerly waiting! I need to spend more money on TS4 stuff, but I already have everything! TS4 content is the only content I ever pre-order. I'm also glad that we still got plenty of content coming. For this year, I'm hoping for University and some kind of romance pack for more romance options. Island Paradise would be cool too. Also, tag, please bring back tag from TS3! It's still my favorite interaction.
  • BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member
    I'm just wondering why it takes so much to make more occults, I don't know why it seems like they don't want to consider them... Occults especially witches are SO requested... I hope we hear some news soon.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Hopefully their silence means that they are working, I haven't followed the guru's for a long time but it seems like they are very busy. My guess is that they either by the end of the 2018 or in the beginning of January have been busy planning for what content they will release for the upcoming years, which ones they feel they can release or they want to work more on. Which is why they probably do not want to announce anything because they don't want to risk releasing packs that are too unfinished. Get famous felt very unfinished in my opinion, very few lots, and it felt like the actor career just stopped when you reached job level 7, there were no new gigs or requirements.

I also hope that the reason because they are silent is because they are moving more developers over to work on a sequel.

• InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited February 2019
    I could go for some real news, but Im not expecting anything until at least March. I'd certainly like a new GP as its been awhile since JA, but another EP would be welcome. Ive sure we've all read some speculation that the image release from few days ago for the Sims Anniversary was a hint at University, but Im just taking it with a grain of salt.

ts4-353-skills-05-003.png.adapt_.crop16x9.1455w.png
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I'm hoping the wait means that when we do get news, it's about something coming very soon. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,322 Member
    I could go for some real news, but Im not expecting anything until at least March. I'd certainly like a new GP as its been awhile since JA, but another EP would be welcome. Ive sure we've all read some speculation that the image release from few days ago for the Sims Anniversary was a hint at University, but Im just taking it with a grain of salt.

ts4-353-skills-05-003.png.adapt_.crop16x9.1455w.png

Yeah, others said that the photo is from a few years ago and doesn’t really mean much
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I think when they mean to hint, they'll be pretty clear about it. (For example, in my hopeful brain, if they posted something like, "Can't say much yet, but our next announcement should make supernatural fans really happy!")

They don't seem to be big on hidden messages lately, if they ever were at all.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    The silence is ominous!