Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What idea pack sounds more appealing?

Comments

• storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Farming & Warewolves Gamepack (Beautiful new town, with a twist )
    I voted Farming & Warewolves just because I think having an integrated farming system or career would be great, though I don't care for the idea of introducing more animals unless they are unable to be "harvested." I don't see TS4 as that type of game lol. Warewolves were never my favorite previously, but it could add an interesting element to the supernatural aspect of the game. Not necessary for me though!

I do have some thoughts on some of the other topics though, that no one asked me to make!~
    • I think circuses and zoos are kind of cruel, but an animal sanctuary would be awesome... like you could go take care of animals all day. A carnival or theme park without enslaved animals could be cool, building rides like we can the rocket ship... riding on them and getting different moodlets!
    • Wild West would be cool as a Stuff Pack in my opinion - we could make museums showcasing that time period, decorate our lots with themed items, dress in clothing inspired by the time. I can't see myself personally enjoying a pack that takes me out of the time period. Even with things like Vintage Glamour and Vampires, things are inspired by different eras but still fit in a modern world.
    • Retro - love love love, but I think it could just be a Stuff Pack.
    • Mermaids & Pirates - meehhh I feel like we had the Sims Medieval and that was enough lol. Again, I don't care for the idea of taking my game out of the world they're already established in and putting them into a new time period. I feel like this would be a different game entirely.
    • Fairies & Withes I would love. I think Fairies could exist like aliens do, with their own playable magical area (like a Neverland area -- maybe pirates and mermaids could be with fairies :p), and disguises or not... however I don't think I'd want glittery glowing fairies wandering around the streets of Brindleton Bay or Newcrest lol. It just doesn't fit into my personal style of gameplay but I know others would love it. I would love for witches to be a little more modern too! LOVE the classic witch motif but I would love to see a modern twist to some of the clothing and abilities.
    • Super heroes/villains I think would be a different game. I don't think they belong in the Sims 4. Future stuff I've never been a huge fan of anyway but would still be a cool addition nonetheless.
    • Old School - LOVE the idea, but again could come as a Stuff Pack. Perhaps 20's - 50's Flashback Stuff Pack, 60's - 90's Flashback Stuff Pack? Blast From the Past Stuff Pack lol?

I would love to see another Hobbies kind of pack, like in TS3. I would love ceramics, more building that our Sims can do themselves, restoring items (like how we did cars, but maybe something else since we don't really have cars haha), clay sculpting, quilting, knitting or crocheting... Like, a whole D.I.Y. Game Pack lol!
  • Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    edited February 2019
    Old School Gamepack (Has everything from 20's to 50's, jive, more music, clothing and accessories, drive-ins, etc)
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Interesting poll.

I really want werewolves (couldn't care less about farming). And after that maybe witches.

The combination werewolves/farming got me thinking. I have the feeling a lot of people are either into farming (realistic, rural, quiet life for sims) or into werewolves (danger, supernatural, exciting) I think there are very few simmers who really like both.

Just out of curiosity, why combine werewolves with a completely unrelated feature and link witches to other supernaturals and a magical gameplay? Is the result between those two options from the poll even comparable?

And a futuristic pack sounds also good. Basically anything but purely realistic gameplay. ;)

Hey @Atreya33.

That's fantastic to hear! :D It's not necessarily what one person wants out of everyone, but the variety of content from one thing for everyone.

I have been asked similar questions once more, and my suggestion is that people can toggle 'Warewolves' so they don't have to worry about what happens to their farm- or do so via a perk for farming. This poll was here to see what others could suggest for the game pack, to make it better and share insight on how, rather than why.

But... For Warewolves I think of country, forest and open land. For Witches, I think that they would use some kind of witchcraft and magic they practice or use through a staff or a book, while fairies have a natural ability for magic with dust or some kind of power, a broomstick instead of wings, and some with diverse skin-types, or not at all.

Anything that has been a favourite in past, and on this forum.

Which thinking of it, would you have dark green sim and or a pale fun colour for witches and fairies? And how much hair would you want a warewolf to have? :o

Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    edited February 2019
    Old School Gamepack (Has everything from 20's to 50's, jive, more music, clothing and accessories, drive-ins, etc)
    musteni wrote: »
    @Atreya33 I was curious about the farming & werewolves. I mostly want farming for horses but since horses weren't mentioned, I voted for a fresh sounding combo. Neither farming nor werewolves are a must have for me but rural & danger could be interesting. If this poll had an actual influence on things I would have picked the romantic getaway. I didn't really like how the pack was described, just want the romance system improved.

Hey @musteni!

It's interesting you should mention horses, because I would like to have them too. So that you could train them to do farm stuff like rounding up cattle for example, or professional trick and racing stuff. I didn't experience horses with Sims 3, but I heard they were a hit. So basically, what people would of liked to see in Sims 3 with horses, and what they already saw I guess?

The romantic getaway option is skewed due to people having different perceptions of what romance for them is. May I ask how it could be improved? :o
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • SimmerBoiSimmerBoi Posts: 134 Member
    Fairies & Witches Gamepack (Adds new type of Sim, ability to learn and practice witchcraft, ability for Sims to fly)
    Captain_C wrote: »
    SimmerBoi wrote: »
    These are all such brilliant ideas, I wish you worked for EA. I picked the witches one because I LOVED witches in the sims 2, but I would also love mermaids, werewolves and more romantic interactions. Another pack I'd love is a music pack, where sims can have a decent musical career (one where you could follow them to work) and even start a band, with different music genres and everything.

Thank you so much SimmerBoi! <3 The value isn't in the content, it's in the ideas! :smiley: I would love to work for EA! Sign me up if you know anyone. :joy: I'm not sure what the game is written in, but I am starting to learn C++, which is convenient.

Oh yes! Give me the music pack any day. Drums set, Bongos, Xylophone, Flute, Saxophone, Harmonica, maybe some sort of Sim made instrument? Who knows! :joy: I would like to be able to have a band for concerts/gigs or orchestra for symphonies, and choose what we can play, by a new Music creator system with notes and etc! I love the thought of more unique Supernatural elements appearing. I like how potential Vampires come to your door in the middle of the night, and a unknowing person, might answer and fall for it. I like the thought of adding Fairies and Witches to add a bit more to gardening and what you could brew or magically grow/harvest, and just like Sebrina (the original television show), a cat that actually can talk Simlish, potions and spells, broomsticks, and stuff like that. I only have base ideas that needed building upon- it's you guys that help me most! :smiley: Mermaids alike! Would love to have an ocean adventure, because I haven't in other games for PC. Have a pirates of the Caribbean type feel, if you swim too far out, get captured and join/fight them or something. Add a new way to die by shark attack, from walking the plank or swimming too far away.

Drowning would have more significance, being too tired, Mermaids could save you like paramedics of the ocean by speedboating you back to shore and CPR- while pirates capture you, and tie you upside down, and depending if you have a certain skillset, you won't be able to break free, and wait to see the crew/captain to negotiate. Could have a pirate's cove too. Where it would be like the wild west, but with pirates of course. Warewolves I find are more discreet, but you could form a pack with other Warewolf Sims, and 'Go on the prowl!', around the towns, but the cities should be a little bit more restrictive and you could be chased out of town by police, unless you have an upgrade perk for it, and you could take on Vampires with their powers, to gain more for your own. You could have Warewolf WooHoo! (in a doghouse/cave of course). Romantic interactions are a big one to think about, because lots of people have their ideal perceptions of romance. So it would be a little challenging. But adding more locations to choose for weddings like I heard before, romantic getaways, a simple turn on and off system like in Sims 2 ages ago- and maybe a bit more, could do a boat cruise so people could do the Titanic thing, hot air ballooning maybe, feed each other food at table, add theatre/drive-in (wanted drive-ins to be for 50's Old school stuff) to go see old movies or something, better dance system for ballroom dancing? Shared bubbles baths, add limos to the game, get a mood buff if you are in the location of where you first met your partner, write fancy letters, if they do an update for get famous, could be to add plays, which you could see with your partner. Vineyards maybe (was thinking that could be farming). Could do an update for 'Seasons' where you can dance and makeout in rain. Would be alright. I'm not really one for romance expertise, but I try.

Excited for future!

I HAVE LITERAL CHILLS AFTER READING THIS, EVERYTHING YOU SAID WAS SO PERFECT AND SPOT ON
  • simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    Other (let me know down in the comments below )
    I really only want University... I feel a big chunk of my Sims' lives are just left out... I don't care too much for anything supernatural or any more animals.
    But I like the romantic getaway idea. Maybe combined with a tropical world and swimmable oceans. Like the maldives that are a hotspot for honeymoons.

But anyway... I'll just be waiting for University....
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Fairies & Witches Gamepack (Adds new type of Sim, ability to learn and practice witchcraft, ability for Sims to fly)
    Fairies & witches, but not together. I want to see them do the fairies, witches & werewolves like they did vampires, with a dedicated pack & their own little neighborhood.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • MiupplayMiupplay Posts: 24 Member
    Romantic Gettaway Gamepack (Romance system, places to visit & fall in love)
    To me the romantic pack seems most appealing.

[quote="Ionlyspeaksims;c-16931519"]I feel like maternity type of pack would do really well, so people have a choice of maternity wear, and more interactions for pregnant sims without mods (ultrasounds etc)[/quote]

And I would love this too!
  • XDelphiXDelphi Posts: 9 New Member
    This was actually really hard to choose! I did love Witches in previous gamepacks, so I'd love to see them again in S4, but equally I kind of want any additional supernatural creatures as I feel with Aliens and Vampires (+/- plantsims which really aren't that supernatural) S4 is kind of lacking...
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    edited February 2019
    Romantic Gettaway Gamepack (Romance system, places to visit & fall in love)
    I would love to have a TS2 style attraction system brought to TS4! Chemistry, turns ons/offs and more autonomous romantic actions. That’s my number 1 want for the sims!
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Love the idea of playing a sims family in a rural town, where farming is a main way of life for food without cell phones and technology needed and sims usually have huge families (6-9) kids to help the family out.
  • ZoraZeldaZoraZelda Posts: 29 Member
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:
    > Voted Fairies and Witches but if I could vote twice I'd go for Pirates and Mermaids as my 2nd option.

Same<3
  • ZoraZeldaZoraZelda Posts: 29 Member
    I would die if I could cast spells to make sims fall in love with me or fight others, but it would also be cool to be a mermaid and sing like a siren and make sims of the opposite gender fall in love instantly.
  • JuiceboxQueenJuiceboxQueen Posts: 77 Member
    Fairies and witches definitely! I miss having a Supernatural pack like in Sims 3!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Mermaids & Pirates Gamepack (Search for lost treasures, take on pirates/become one, meet the lost deep ocean city)
    Interested in farming but not werewolves. I didn't notice the other option and that would have been my choice, mostly I want time travel and preteens
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited February 2019
    Im choosing other since I cant choose between mermaids, witches, and a romantic getaway. We need more occult sims and I need to make pretty pretty mermaids, but I refuse to say no to romantic vacations since Id love my newlywed sims to have their dream honeymoon island vacations. Trips to Salvadorada get stale after awhile and Im not sending my sims camping for their honeymoon.
    Post edited by InuMiroLover on
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I picked Witches cause I'm hoping for a Makin' Magic remake, I really hope they revisit how magic was handled in TS1.

Otherwise I would have picked Animals but not in a Zoo setting, but more of a safari with tigers, zebras, lions, giraffes and elephants.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • MazatlMazatl Posts: 58 Member
    Farming & Warewolves Gamepack (Beautiful new town, with a twist )
    Farming sounds pretty cool. What I really want is the teacher career though somehow.
  • krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    I feel like we have two "vacation" packs already. I'd like to see a traditional vacation pack, with an Island Getaway. I've never vacationed in a jungle and I've never gone camping. Bring me a beach any day!
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Mermaids & Pirates Gamepack (Search for lost treasures, take on pirates/become one, meet the lost deep ocean city)
    I think my signature says enough :wink:

I'd also love the rest in the following order:
    Farming
    Romance pack
    Futuristic city pack
    Witches
    Retro old-school city or town similar to Roaring Heights
    Werewolves
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I like the notion of farming, but without the werewolves, please. I am really intrigued by a Future pack, as I really loved the objects that came with Into the Future (Sims3). I would also enjoy a pack where our Sims could live as they did in the Past, as in 18th century colonial America, growing flax and turning the flax into thread to be woven into cloth, et cetera. I want university, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Super, Future Stuff Gamepack (Adds superheroes and vigilantes, hover board type stuff, and other sporty and content)
    Oh gosh, I super want werewolves, but I very much do not want Farming. So I voted Super/Future because I'd be interested to see what they did with that, and I would like to see villains as well as heroes. The Witches option would have been my second choice.

However, I would have voted for Werewolves if they weren't combined with Farming.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited February 2019
    Robots GP To make plumbots and small service droids like in sims 2 open for business
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Whatever gets me Witches, I want. I'm excited for this new GP though
  • OldGeekWomanOldGeekWoman Posts: 21 Member
    Definitely Fairies and Witches, I would love to have a wizard/witch Sim