Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New to Mods

Literally new to them! Lol! Recommended safe downloads please? Not looking for anything too extreme, I’ve just downloaded preschool mod for example. Anything like that just to add slight more realism to game. Thanks

Comments

• soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Just search at modthesims for mods. It's fun browsing through to see what they have. I like the mods that allow coffee to fill your energy bar, and for teen and YA to have romantic options, I have a mod to make pregnancy longer, and lots that allow objects to be put on shelves and that delete kids waking from monsters under the bed. Just see what they have and download what you like. Been using MTS for years and have never had any issues with them.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    There is also The Sims Resource. Plus tons of personal tumblr sites.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Slice of life and meaningful memories mods all add realism to the game and I loved them. You can google them to find them.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Mod the Sims is a good site, it's where I got most of my CC from. @JoBass24us What's the slice of life mod do?
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Mod the Sims is a good site, it's where I got most of my CC from. @JoBass24us What's the slice of life mod do?

It adds in game appearance changes. Like if your sim is sad you’ll be able to see weepy tears in their eyes. If flirty they will appear as they are blushing. Kids get teeth gabs automatically to show they lost teeth and sims can get acne at random times. It also adds interactions when you click on them and access the phone from there. The interactions depend on their relationships with others and current mood. You also have access to apps that lets your sim up skills from their phone.

It’s from KawaiiStacie. She’s got some pretty cool mods that add a lot of realism to the game.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    MCCC is great if you want some story progression - townies and unplayed Sims get jobs, have partners, get married, have kids, with minimal intervention from yourself. It's definitely NOT a drop-in-and-play mod though and it WILL change your towns so I recommend reading about it before installing: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/
  • GlennHaGlennHa Posts: 12 New Member
    Totally agree with loubyloulou!

MCCC is safe to download and use (and I am picky with these things!) and it adds so much more to the game! :)
  • fuzz2289fuzz2289 Posts: 204 Member
    MCCC is great if you want some story progression - townies and unplayed Sims get jobs, have partners, get married, have kids, with minimal intervention from yourself. It's definitely NOT a drop-in-and-play mod though and it WILL change your towns so I recommend reading about it before installing: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/

Yeah I downloaded that but found it very confusing! Will have to read up on it!
  • GlennHaGlennHa Posts: 12 New Member
    It has a lot of options!

Just start by using the computer to access them, and just play around some to get more familiar with it.

This is what I did.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    There is also The Sims Resource. Plus tons of personal tumblr sites.

TSR does not have mods though.
  • scrutyniscrutyni Posts: 49 Member
    As others have said, modthesims is a good resource. I feel an essential one to have is emotional inertia, because when I first played the Sims changed emotions almost every interaction I had them do. This mod calms them down a bit, and adds a bit of realistic challenge to getting out of negative emotions. It's a simple mod that doesn't require you to learn much about it and doesn't introduce new interactions, so it feels like it should have been part of the game to begin with.

I also use balanced death so that Sims aren't crying over everyone who dies, even if they don't know them or actually hate them. And for fun I use the SimDa dating app mod as well as custom food.
    Current SimLit Blog (Rotational Play): https://newcrestsponsorsims4.home.blog/
    Rookie builder and casual Simmer || Gallery: https://tinyurl.com/ycummopq
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited February 2019
    I like using mods that aren't over the top and give the worse problems. (Sacrifical's mod's) Ones that can change up the gameplay and adding some better detail. Here's a few I've been enjoying.
    Meaningful Stories- A complete rehaul on the emotional system. Certain emotions take longer to get over or last far longer. Way better than the emotional inertia one I remember using a long time ago.
    Sims4me mods- Make sure you translate the page. This user has various small mods that are great. (Sims being in their formal outfits at the romance festival and party attire at spice festival, added more costumes to geekcon from Get famous, no random hats and accessories for newly generated sims, no random walkby situation outfits, less celebrities in places, more options for groom/bride outfits, toddlers showing up at parks at certain times along with children at non-school hours)
    Power Outage- Chance your sims power will go out during a thunder storm.
    LittlemsSam- She has almost 150 mods most small ones to overhauls to new ones much like the Roommate mod, which is nice if you want to live with an uncontrollable sim that gives your sim rent money. Housewarming party instead of the welcome wagon, sim just going for a walk instead of a jog, entrance fee to community lots, etc definitely my top favorite modder.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • groovyloopylougroovyloopylou Posts: 18 Member
    mccc and selectable pets mod.
    I don't even use the pets mod to control my pet, just to see its needs bars :)
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Modthesims.info is one of the best places for mods I think. Its the first place I check when looking for something and 9 chances out of 10 they already have a mod there for what I'm looking to find. If you ever get interested, MCCC is a great one. Just google Master Controller or MCCC or deaderpool. It should come right up.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    Recommendations on a mod for rest of the neighbourhood to age/marry/have careers/have kids...?
    edited February 2019
    Recommendations on a mod for rest of the neighbourhood to age/marry/have careers/have kids...?

Several of us have already mentioned that MCCC does just exactly that.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    MCCC, ModTheSims and LittleMsSam are my highly recommended sites.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    LittleMsSam I love her foster family one where you can take in foster children and help find adoptive homes for them. She also has a cute First Crush one where kid aged sims can have a crush on each other.

What is the preschool one you mentioned? I would love a preschool mod!

So you have! I need to play around with it, haven’t seen story progression options yet though.
    LittleMsSam I love her foster family one where you can take in foster children and help find adoptive homes for them. She also has a cute First Crush one where kid aged sims can have a crush on each other.

What is the preschool one you mentioned? I would love a preschool mod!

Preschool mod is from KawaiiStacie. 🙂
    ^Thanks! I will have to look that up! :D I'm doing 100 baby challenge right now without mods, but my main family I play has 3 toddlers as well :)
    fuzz2289 wrote: »

So you have! I need to play around with it, haven’t seen story progression options yet though.

Story progression functionality is mainly in the Population and Pregnancy modules, and you need the main module, MC Command Center, for all the other modules to work.
    fuzz2289 wrote: »

Story progression functionality is mainly in the Population and Pregnancy modules, and you need the main module, MC Command Center, for all the other modules to work.

Ah ok I’ve seen those! I’ll play around with it! Thanks!
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Just here to say NEVER get MCCC. This mod is not a little mod. It's insanely large and detailed. It rewires the whole game. And the bills are bugged. You'll end up with bills around 20 million or a lot more.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    My bills were the same with mccc? So was my game except the little things I used it for... (like deleting the relationships with townies I met once who would phone 10x a day after)